HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by dagny »

slappy was my initial choice to put on the block once the game resumed, for the flimsy reason I mentioned in my previous post.

When I saw that NAN was the vig, that's when the PFIDC theory came to mind. I admitted I had nothing to go on and wanted discussion on these things.

I'm home from work and have more time to explain myself. Also, my mind has been swayed a bit after reading up.

In my first post, I mentioned the possibility of PFIDC being framed. I also mentioned not having much to go on.

It's a toss up. Yes, PFIDC does take his beliefs seriously enough to have shot jay for their squabble, if he had the power. If he did it, I'd guess he crossed his fingers hoping we'd not kill him for fear he might be our vig, not expecting our vig to get killed so soon.

It's a totally obvious play. He coulda been set up, but I don't discount his playing selfish in the past. Just cuz he's not our vig doesn't automatically mean he's a bad lister, either. He could be a JOAT or independent.

However,

The fact that it was pointed out added to the possibility of it being a frame up, along with how incredibly obvious it is.

Also, when I posted, I hadn't considered the possibility of NAN shooting jay, to end the fighting since jay kept antagonizing. NAN would do something like that.

I hadn't gotten to participate yet, and slappy and PFIDC were the only ones I could even remotely come up with a reason to vote for. After reading up, there is now a person making my spidey sense scream.

unwrap LITT

It's hard to explain, especially with so little still to go on, but seeing how LITT is posting, i find it very difficult to believe he is not a baddie. He's just trying way too hard to manufacture evidence. I don't know how accurate his posts on others are, but trying to turn my discussion of a possible suspect back on me, smells of charcoal. Do you really think I'd be that stupid?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

A couple things about the above post stuck out to me:
dagny wrote: However,

The fact that it was pointed out added to the possibility of it being a frame up, along with how incredibly obvious it is.
Ummm, weren't you the one that pointed this stuff out? Or are you talking about something different?
dagny wrote:He's just trying way too hard to manufacture evidence. I don't know how accurate his posts on others are, but trying to turn my discussion of a possible suspect back on me, smells of charcoal. Do you really think I'd be that stupid?
I don't think that LITT is a bad vote and think his posts have been a little strange, but a lot of people are trying to "manufacture evidence" when they are calling out another player.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:A couple things about the above post stuck out to me:

Ummm, weren't you the one that pointed this stuff out? Or are you talking about something different?
It was a general reply to some of the questions I came across while reading up after work.

Yeah, I already pointed stuff out, but was still asked. You're one who actually reads, others.... not so much. :lol:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

dagny wrote:
MWB wrote:A couple things about the above post stuck out to me:

I'm half asleep. I just re-read this.

No. Someone quoted beerman, earlier, pointing it out after the jay death write up. Something like, don't mess with Jesus.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Ok, I see what you're saying now.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i highly suggest not going after THG... i suggested it last game as well (even though i'm pretty sure the people that voted him were just as aware as i was that he wasn't goon)...

even though he's playing this game completely differently than last game, i don't see the suspicion. people got on him about acting nutsy last game, so he just did a 180 and is staying quiet this game. i highly doubt one of the moderators would assign him a role since it was obvious from the start people were going to be head hunting for him. I suggest we either go to LITT or beerman for reasons listed earlier.

and dagny...it was me saying the beerman seemed to be setting up PFIDC with the whole jesus thing.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I agree with what you're saying about thg, but we won't really know why he's playing differently until he's dead. Also, the roles are generated randomly, at least in most of the games that have been played so far.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I wish I had a good explanation about why I was voting for Letang is the Truth, but I dont. Something just doesnt seem right about some of his posts.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

morning, all.

thehockeyguru - 6 (JoseCuervo, the wicked child, mac5155, bhaw, cupkeeper, tfrizz)
Letang is the Truth - 3 (Troy Loney, thehockeyguru, dagny)
beerman - 1 (count2infinity)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

count2infinity wrote:i highly suggest not going after THG... i suggested it last game as well (even though i'm pretty sure the people that voted him were just as aware as i was that he wasn't goon)...

even though he's playing this game completely differently than last game, i don't see the suspicion. people got on him about acting nutsy last game, so he just did a 180 and is staying quiet this game. i highly doubt one of the moderators would assign him a role since it was obvious from the start people were going to be head hunting for him. I suggest we either go to LITT or beerman for reasons listed earlier.

and dagny...it was me saying the beerman seemed to be setting up PFIDC with the whole jesus thing.
Unless you know something we don't, I don't see where it is a bad vote. There is a good chance he is just a regular good lister. However, he is bringing nothing to the table by refusing to contribute. Every game this comes up and people are hesitant to do anything about it... but when it gets down to the end, you don't want to be left with people who only showed up for votes half of the time and have no evidence either way against them.

I guess if people are really into the LITT vote I can go that way... I don't really have any feeling on that situation save for being annoyed that he did a random list with my name at the top on day 1. ;)

I dunno. I guess I feel it is too early for any of the naughty players to stick their necks out and influence the vote. I'm still half asleep though, so I'll think on it when I wake up a bit more. :D
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:I wish I had a good explanation about why I was voting for Letang is the Truth, but I dont. Something just doesnt seem right about some of his posts.

I get the feeling with you that people need you to say that your purposely changing your style of play due to the fact that your playing style last game lead to your death,that you forced the village to debate your id and led to a waisted day for the village by having to vote you off.

I do kind of think that people feel the need to punish you for last game, and because of that you would make an easy target on the first day...but you've survived.

But also, whether intentional or not, the stark difference between your presence last game and your relative inactivity this game is going to lead to questions.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Troy Loney wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I wish I had a good explanation about why I was voting for Letang is the Truth, but I dont. Something just doesnt seem right about some of his posts.

I get the feeling with you that people need you to say that your purposely changing your style of play due to the fact that your playing style last game lead to your death,that you forced the village to debate your id and led to a waisted day for the village by having to vote you off.

I do kind of think that people feel the need to punish you for last game, and because of that you would make an easy target on the first day...but you've survived.

But also, whether intentional or not, the stark difference between your presence last game and your relative inactivity this game is going to lead to questions.
He gives no reasoning for voting LITT, and appears to have count2infinity trying to deflect away from him and onto LITT.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

tfrizz wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I mean I am not going to make something out of nothing. I have yet to see any real evidence that makes me believe that someone is a "bad guy". I just have a gut feeling about Letang is the Truth. Could I be wrong, most certainly. But thats all I know right now. Its too early to make any real good assumptions.

He gives no reasoning for voting LITT, and appears to have count2infinity trying to deflect away from him and onto LITT.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Sorry somehow the quote didnt work correctly.

Here is what I said

"I mean I am not going to make something out of nothing. I have yet to see any real evidence that makes me believe that someone is a "bad guy". I just have a gut feeling about Letang is the Truth. Could I be wrong, most certainly. But thats all I know right now. Its too early to make any real good assumptions."
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I'm not trying to defend THG in anyway... if we vote for him, fine by me; however, if we're going to vote against him, we should vote against others that aren't contributing in any way to the conversation as well (jarkkovision). I realize this is an EXTREME as he already told us he has no idea what's going on, but if your logic works for THG it should work for everyone else that's not contributing too.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Who other than Jarkkovision has been very quiet?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

you and beerman both come to mind
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:Sorry somehow the quote didnt work correctly.

Here is what I said

"I mean I am not going to make something out of nothing. I have yet to see any real evidence that makes me believe that someone is a "bad guy". I just have a gut feeling about Letang is the Truth. Could I be wrong, most certainly. But thats all I know right now. Its too early to make any real good assumptions."

you had a gut feeling about "redwill" too.

unwrap THG

He's style of play this game, is better, but it's almost as if he's protecting something. LITT is and still could be a strong case but on this early of a night, let's see what he continues to say and make judgements later.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

thehockeyguru - 6 (JoseCuervo, the wicked child, mac5155, bhaw, cupkeeper, tfrizz, Malkamaniac)
Letang is the Truth - 3 (Troy Loney, thehockeyguru, dagny)
beerman - 1 (count2infinity)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I would not have offed jaysmiter for anything that was said about anything. I would have done so if I had a hunch. Seeing as I never did nor had any intention on voting to unwrap jaysmiter, I would not have gone after him IF I was/am an RP.

I have a lot of reading to do to catch up so I'll wait until after that to cast my vote.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

you had a gut feeling about "redwill" too.
I knew it would never come to a vote on Redwill. My playing style has changed. Crayz voted for me on day one just like last game and you dont see me trying to have him whacked. I dont know if my gut feeling is right, but I know your feelings about me are wrong.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

whew! Lots to catch up on.

My thoughts -

Regarding PFIDC; I realize that people think he's been a selfish player in the past, it's not something I remember all that well, but I really don't believe he's petty enough to off jaysmiter because of the argument they had. Doesn't mean I have any idea whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, I just don't see the jaysmiter killing as indicative of PFIDC's role (or non-role) in the game.

Regarding THG; he's not contributing at all, and therefore doesn't seem to like too much of a threat, but he's not a help either. I would have no problem voting for him.

Regarding LITT; he seemed to be pushing really hard for Troy, and then when Troy posted his own thoughts, LITT jumped all over it for sounding "desperate." It just seems that LITT really wants Troy gone. Why? Because he's a good player? Because he knows something we don't know? I have no idea. I just didn't really like the way he went after him.

[color=#FFFF00unwrap LITT][/color]
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Color fail.

unwrap LITT
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

IrishEyes wrote:Regarding PFIDC; I realize that people think he's been a selfish player in the past, it's not something I remember all that well, but I really don't believe he's petty enough to off jaysmiter because of the argument they had. Doesn't mean I have any idea whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, I just don't see the jaysmiter killing as indicative of PFIDC's role (or non-role) in the game.
I'm NOT a selfish player, and I still offed redwill because of an argument in a previous game. Just sayin'.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Regarding THG; he's not contributing at all, and therefore doesn't seem to like too much of a threat, but he's not a help either. I would have no problem voting for him.
Everything at this point is pure speculation. We really know nothing other than what you mentioned above, between LITT and Troy Loney. Atleast going in that direction may lead us somewhere.