Matt Murray~ concussion

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Matt Murray~ concussion

Post by Penspal »

This past Saturday night, CBC's Hockey Night in Canada had a little piece on Murray. Showed him late summer, at his cottage on the Muskokas (posh lake area north of Toronto). It showed his dogs, spoke to a confident and more mature and comfortable Murray. Can't find it online anywhere... Healing vibes to MM
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Steve Dave »

penny lane wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:I heard someone mention his girlfriend broke up with him.
You know if a woman used the excuse of a man for failing on the job; the ridicule wouldn't end.

Maybe the other Subban auditions tomorrow for starting goal, in PGH.
Not saying it’s a viable excuse but I think they were high school sweethearts and if true, could be hard for him to deal with after what happened last year with his father.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Luckybreak »

Steve Dave wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:I heard someone mention his girlfriend broke up with him.
You know if a woman used the excuse of a man for failing on the job; the ridicule wouldn't end.

Maybe the other Subban auditions tomorrow for starting goal, in PGH.
Not saying it’s a viable excuse but I think they were high school sweethearts and if true, could be hard for him to deal with after what happened last year with his father.
I think everyone remembers their 'first love'. Almost never the right person for you but you really believe they were until you learn otherwise with experience and age!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Weirdo stuff, Matt Murray on the ice at PPG. Minus the team, but they can't let him play tonight after saying he had a concussion. Can they?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

RT @PensInsideScoop Murray is staying out for the #Pens optional skate and is taking shots from his teammates. Schultz, Dumoulin, Brass… https://t.co/5G926sV6nF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 5 minutes ago
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Coach Sullivan on Murray: “Matt will not be available for tonight. He’s still progressing and his status is day-to-day."
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by LimerickPensFan »

They called Jarry up on an emergency basis and sent Grant down.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Josh Yohe (twitter)@JoshYohe_PGH wrote: DeSmith to start. Murray will be the backup.
It appears MM is returning shortly. Sensible enough to give him a bit more time. At the same time, DeSmith while not stellar, is a serviceable backup. Tends to have little streaks of good performances, you might ride #1 for a while and task Murray to earn his net back. While I'm convinced Murray is better in terms of both potential and past work, I don't think he's currently *that* much better than our other netminders.

In the same vibe that letting Riikola get some NHL ice over the rest of the D corps isn't a bad idea.
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by LimerickPensFan »

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Josh Yohe (twitter)@JoshYohe_PGH wrote: DeSmith to start. Murray will be the backup.
It appears MM is returning shortly. Sensible enough to give him a bit more time. At the same time, DeSmith while not stellar, is a serviceable backup. Tends to have little streaks of good performances, you might ride #1 for a while and task Murray to earn his net back. While I'm convinced Murray is better in terms of both potential and past work, I don't think he's currently *that* much better than our other netminders.

In the same vibe that letting Riikola get some NHL ice over the rest of the D corps isn't a bad idea.
So far this season, I think DeSmith has been much better than Murray. Small sample size, I'll give you, but I though DeSmith looked great in the Vegas game. I have yet to think that Murray has had a game that I would even categorize as "good".
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Some possible good news on Murray....I'll have to took where I saw it, might have been TIOPS, but, I did see something in the past day or two stating the Penguins may have jumped the gun a bit in terms of calling Murray's injury a concussion. Said that even Murray was surprised when that announcement was made. Don't know the truth to it (finding the source again would help), but seeing that Murray came back pretty quickly, I would say that would be some good news regarding his injury.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

FLPensFan wrote:Some possible good news on Murray....I'll have to took where I saw it, might have been TIOPS, but, I did see something in the past day or two stating the Penguins may have jumped the gun a bit in terms of calling Murray's injury a concussion. Said that even Murray was surprised when that announcement was made. Don't know the truth to it (finding the source again would help), but seeing that Murray came back pretty quickly, I would say that would be some good news regarding his injury.
Like I said, this is no time to push the :scared: button. Sheesh!!! :face:
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Hatrick »

desmith looked pretty good for the most part(at least until the shootout but that's not much of an issue), so no need to rush murray(especially cause he wasn't playing well anyway)
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Hatrick wrote:desmith looked pretty good for the most part(at least until the shootout but that's not much of an issue), so no need to rush murray(especially cause he wasn't playing well anyway)
While DeSmith's hot, you ride him, IMO.