Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by dodint »

I pretty much hate the idea of tomorrow, everyday. So I go to bed at about 11pm and stay awake doing the dumbest **** until I finally fall asleep around 2-3, then get up at 8am. I'm caught in a loop.

/emo
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I go to bed 9-11. I consistently wake up at 4:58am right before my alarm goes off.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I need a lot of sleep and am super tired for the whole NHL season. I think I went to bed at 9 last night and didn't feel the least bit guilty.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I'm tired of people telling me I look tired. I have a 4-month old, work 60+ hour weeks, and am siding my house alone. I bet I look tired.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Lol
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

meow wrote:I'm tired of people telling me I look tired. I have a 4-month old, work 60+ hour weeks, and am siding my house alone. I bet I look tired.
This is intentional right?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

meow wrote:I'm tired of people telling me I look tired. I have a 4-month old, work 60+ hour weeks, and am siding my house alone. I bet I look tired.
http://search.dilbert.com/comic/Becky" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

lol that sounds like one of my best friends. The guy WORKS and always have. I mean every job he's had he'd work 50-60 hours a week and come home from a 12 hr day then go right to a relatives to work on a roof or do other handy work. We've actually told him before to slow down so he doesn't kill himself. But we joke because he will always let you know how much he's been working. Like someone will say "hey man whats up?" and he'll shake his head "49 hrs already this week." and if any of us 40 hr/week lazy asses have the nerve to mention we're tired in front of him, we'll get a detailed run down of his work week. We were golfing recently and he was complaining he ONLY was allowed to work 55 hours the past week. We were laughing and he said "you ever see a 55hr paycheck??" I told him no, I only see what a 40hr check looks like and I have no interest in seeing what a 41 hour check is" My hat has always gone off to him because I've never had close to that work ethic, but its funny because he never fails to tell us.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

There's a difference between a work ethic and someone who defines themselves by their work. That sounds solidly like the latter, and I don't envy it.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

tifosi77 wrote:There's a difference between a work ethic and someone who defines themselves by their work. That sounds solidly like the latter, and I don't envy it.
Oh I don't at all either. Like I said, we've all told him many times he needs to slow down. He makes a ton of money but whats the point when maybe you'll be able to go out and enjoy it on a Saturday night but only then you gotta be up at 5:30am on Sunday to go out to work.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Apple enthusiasts.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

You're also a little cranky.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Work related ones:

People, who are otherwise healthy, who take the elevator 1 floor in either direction

People who tailgate me when we're in traffic doing 70-75 mph. I can't go any faster than the people in front of me

What women can get away with wearing on casual friday, compared to what I have to wear. Especially when it comes to footwear
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

stopper40 wrote:People, who are otherwise healthy, who take the elevator 1 floor in either direction
When I used to work on City Avenue in Philadelphia, I would ALWAYS see lazy bums hit the handicapped button on the front door of the office building, despite the fact they were able-bodied and had nothing in their hands. This would irritate me to no end.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

regarding the laziness with the door - i disagree with that. with some of those automatic doors, if you open manually, its a disaster. the door will jerk about 40 degrees open and then halt and then motorize open the rest. using the button makes it easier
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:regarding the laziness with the door - i disagree with that. with some of those automatic doors, if you open manually, its a disaster. the door will jerk about 40 degrees open and then halt and then motorize open the rest. using the button makes it easier
Yep

Some only work right if you hit the button
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

When something autocorrects, I go back and enter it as it was, and it autocorrects again.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:regarding the laziness with the door - i disagree with that. with some of those automatic doors, if you open manually, its a disaster. the door will jerk about 40 degrees open and then halt and then motorize open the rest. using the button makes it easier
pretty much every handicap/automatic door on pitt's campus was almost un-usuable unless you hit the button.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Getting jerked around for weeks and weeks for a job you are extremely interested in and made it to the final interview for without any resolution. Especially when you were told it would be resolved at the end of this week.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

shafnutz05 wrote:Getting jerked around for weeks and weeks for a job you are extremely interested in and made it to the final interview for without any resolution. Especially when you were told it would be resolved at the end of this week.
Similarly, if you apply almost exclusively for federal jobs, the same job can be filled by several announcements based on who can apply. So if they hire an applicant that doesn't come from the pool you're in, your job notice goes perpetually into "receiving" applications and never moves. Since the federal hiring service is so slow to begin with, it takes months to find out you were qualified but not selected.

But yeah, your situation is much more acute. Best of luck. Worst case, tif's firm will be hiring soon.

Also, I really want that job in CT. The lack of instant gratification here is awful.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

JS© wrote:Undercooked wings. If they don't crunch or if they feel even slightly "rubbery", send 'em back. Don't try to justify how they were cooked, just take them back. There's a reason I asked for them well done. Either cook them right or refund my money.
/thread

I have a couple good local places that are reliable but on the road for work if I get a craving for wings and go to a place where they're rubbery- it doesn't get more disappointing than that.
Last edited by PghSkins on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I do the same with breakfast potatoes at breakfast joints. I ask for them well done every time. I don't want mushy or undercooked potatoes with my eggs, thank you very much.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

That every brand of French Onion Dip tastes vastly different. Penn Maid is the only good one.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

blackjack68 wrote:That every brand of French Onion Dip tastes vastly different. Penn Maid is the only good one.
Helluva Good or bust.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

OutofFoil wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:That every brand of French Onion Dip tastes vastly different. Penn Maid is the only good one.
Helluva Good or bust.
That stuff is pure evil. I stay the hell away because I could easily house a bag of chips with a container of that stuff if left to my own devices.