HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by sdm5055 »

count2infinity wrote:we can do a no lynch (or wrap) can't we? i realize it's not taking a shot at anyone so we can't eliminate a bad lister, but it'd be better than eliminating another good lister until we get more info wouldn't it?
but will we get more info if we don't take someone out?

everyone will just say ya we dont want to take anyone out and thats it. not revealing any info
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

understandable...i just was bring it up as an option.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Yea I am falling on the against the no wrap idea. It stalls the game, and were no closer to beating the Mafia, than we are today.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

i think i'm going to wrap troy for now until we have a better idea whats going on.

wrap troy
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

uuuhhmmmmkkkayyy..nan did kind of call me out for being quiet....its early in the game, i dont know what to say....i was pretty active at the beginning of the last game and was wrong about both redwill, pavel & THG...and i really just don't have anything to contribute...plus i just haven't been following along too well so i really just dont have any suspicions...i need to go back and read through the thread
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

npv708 wrote:i think i'm going to wrap troy for now until we have a better idea whats going on.

wrap troy

sweet...i writing my post b4 this came up...that's what i was going to kind of ask...let me try to look and derive some kind of theory before i get killed for being quiet.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

count2infinity wrote:we can do a no lynch (or wrap) can't we? i realize it's not taking a shot at anyone so we can't eliminate a bad lister, but it'd be better than eliminating another good lister until we get more info wouldn't it?
at this juncture a no vote is just silly
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i think pfidc and TWC aren't smart options... both had people vote for them earlier that got eliminated. can't be that simple. i say we either go with someone that's been pretty quiet or go completely random... my vote would be bhaw if we went random...for some reason it'd be interesting to see tiny tim on the bad list.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Troy Loney wrote:uuuhhmmmmkkkayyy..nan did kind of call me out for being quiet....its early in the game, i dont know what to say....i was pretty active at the beginning of the last game and was wrong about both redwill, pavel & THG...and i really just don't have anything to contribute...plus i just haven't been following along too well so i really just dont have any suspicions...i need to go back and read through the thread
Glad to hear from ya Troy. Nothing personal on the vote... as you'll see we don't have a lot to go off. I'm leaving my vote for now, but that doesn't mean it won't change if I see strong arguments elsewhere.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:uuuhhmmmmkkkayyy..nan did kind of call me out for being quiet....its early in the game, i dont know what to say....i was pretty active at the beginning of the last game and was wrong about both redwill, pavel & THG...and i really just don't have anything to contribute...plus i just haven't been following along too well so i really just dont have any suspicions...i need to go back and read through the thread
so he called you out and now hes dead?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
he said i've been quiet..which is true....but i was working on a take home final thursday and friday at work in between doing some actual work...so i just kind of got lost in whats been going on...only following the votes and the writeups....i don't really have any defense except ignorance at this point...i don't want insult anyone in the thread...but i usually like to have my posts in the thread contain as much substance as fluff (game relevant substance)...which i just dont have right now....i'll try and go through tomorrow...but i need to go hunt some dinner for myself...ie fast food
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:
he said i've been quiet..which is true....but i was working on a take home final thursday and friday at work in between doing some actual work...so i just kind of got lost in whats been going on...only following the votes and the writeups....i don't really have any defense except ignorance at this point...i don't want insult anyone in the thread...but i usually like to have my posts in the thread contain as much substance as fluff (game relevant substance)...which i just dont have right now....i'll try and go through tomorrow...but i need to go hunt some dinner for myself...ie fast food
penn station

/search
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

dagny wrote:I'm going to vote to unwrap slappybrown or PFIDC.

Without much to go on, here is my reasoning.

I believe PFIDC has a role where he can kill. I held off drawing attention to it, in case he was our vig. Now that our vig has been killed, I believe PFIDC to be a bad guy or independent. Unless he was framed.

slappy, cuz he's the RP who held up the game on the weekend last time, even though he was online. Also, he and cup keeper voted to kill wally earlier in the game.

I have to go to work soon. I'll see what you guys have to say, and cast a vote for one of these two, barring new evidence, before I leave.
That (as you concede) is obviously tenuous. Last time when you were modding with Pavel (revealing about me waiting to make my choice in that game = beat), I was the JOAT and was really unsure of what I wanted to do because of the one-off nature of the role. IIRC I was going back and forth over who I wanted to kill, and eventually settled on beerman (who conincidentally got killed by Juice, the SK the same night).

My vote for wallflower was:
No one has any clue, and Im about to go to a holiday party.

Lets fire up Random.org for a number......28.....unwrap wallflower
I switched to redwill when that one took off. I would have voted for anyone in a bandwagon.

Anyways, I am nothing. Not a bad person or whatever we are calling them, nor a good RP.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Troy Loney wrote:
:pop:

the ellipses are making me suspicious.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I think the jay killing could have been a frame attempt at PFIDC.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Right now, I have nothing, but I agree with wicked that we need to narrow it down and at least unwrap someone.

I'm sticking with unwrap THG. Even if it turns out he's a villager, it wouldn't be a negative move, imo.

I also find it strange that juice isn't dead yet. Whenever he survives this long, he usually turns out being a bad guy (at least when I've played).
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

THG has been fairly quiet this game... maybe he learned a little from last game?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

count2infinity wrote:THG has been fairly quiet this game... maybe he learned a little from last game?
He was fairly active from what it looked like last day time.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i should have specified my definition of quiet for THG, i apologize... what i meant by quiet was not acting like a complete idiot.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

:lol:, yea... I didn't follow last game much.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:well that is not ideal.

i think a troy vote could be good as would a pfidc. and i think that getting a vet here would be good because they seem to be going after all the experienced players.

didnt get past boston market on the way towards penn st...chicken carver combo ftw.

but anyway...i disagree with you on both counts here.

1. I'm not bad, and i'm the only one who knows that besides the bad guys.
2. from whats gone on thus far, pfidc is the only one thats clear to me. he kind of stuck himself out to argue with jay. either he's just that adamant about defending religion to neglect the fact that he's playing with a group....when your bad you play with a team and there are people that you can let down...and drawing attention to himself and possibly drawing suspicion just by being out there would be sort of selfious play and not be the best for his team...so to me he's playing solo and just a regular good guy

unwrap letang is the truth

your name tossing here is suspicious to me...you throw out two people who are suspicious to you because of the two people that are dead...i know presume that you used your kills to draw suspicion no to me and pfidc and now your subtly trying to get guide the village and carry out your strategy
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

count2infinity wrote:i should have specified my definition of quiet for THG, i apologize... what i meant by quiet was not acting like a complete idiot.

Sorry THG, but expect to take some crap for a game or two ala shafnutz. :)
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:i should have specified my definition of quiet for THG, i apologize... what i meant by quiet was not acting like a complete idiot.
That could mean...

1) THG learned his lesson;
2) Someone told him to be quiet; or,
3) both
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:well that is not ideal.

i think a troy vote could be good as would a pfidc. and i think that getting a vet here would be good because they seem to be going after all the experienced players.

didnt get past boston market on the way towards penn st...chicken carver combo ftw.

but anyway...i disagree with you on both counts here.

1. I'm not bad, and i'm the only one who knows that besides the bad guys.
2. from whats gone on thus far, pfidc is the only one thats clear to me. he kind of stuck himself out to argue with jay. either he's just that adamant about defending religion to neglect the fact that he's playing with a group....when your bad you play with a team and there are people that you can let down...and drawing attention to himself and possibly drawing suspicion just by being out there would be sort of selfious play and not be the best for his team...so to me he's playing solo and just a regular good guy

unwrap letang is the truth

your name tossing here is suspicious to me...you throw out two people who are suspicious to you because of the two people that are dead...i know presume that you used your kills to draw suspicion no to me and pfidc and now your subtly trying to get guide the village and carry out your strategy
this seems like a desperate move from someone on the naughty list (not saying you are or arent but that post seems fishy). as i said after i posted that, i am reconsidering pfidc because i doubt that he would be so reckless to remove jays so shortly after the incident. and it is plausible that dagny is naughty and she killed jays to make it look like pfidc did it.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Corvidae wrote:I think the jay killing could have been a frame attempt at PFIDC.
This is what I am thinking. I have no idea what this whole religious battle thing is though or what thread everyone is talking about, but it seems too clean.