ESPN gets the US rights to the 2016 World Cup

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: ESPN gets the US rights to the 2016 World Cup

Post by Mr. Colby »

Not sure if I should lift my ESPN ban for this gimmicky tournament or not... I'll probably cave considering the minute a team puts on a USA jersey all bets are off
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Mr. Colby wrote:Not sure if I should lift my ESPN ban for this gimmicky tournament or not... I'll probably cave considering the minute a team puts on a USA jersey all bets are off
ESPN is extremely horrible anymore. I usually watch college football/MNF on there and that's about it. I'm interested in seeing who ESPN picks to pxp the games. I wouldn't mind them picking up Steve Mears to do the games.

Bucci should be part of the in-studio broadcast....

I fully expect them to pick up Joe Bendanti and Jack Edwards just to annoy the hell out of me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Kovy27 wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Not sure if I should lift my ESPN ban for this gimmicky tournament or not... I'll probably cave considering the minute a team puts on a USA jersey all bets are off
ESPN is extremely horrible anymore. I usually watch college football/MNF on there and that's about it. I'm interested in seeing who ESPN picks to pxp the games. I wouldn't mind them picking up Steve Mears to do the games.

Bucci should be part of the in-studio broadcast....

I fully expect them to pick up Joe Bendanti and Jack Edwards just to annoy the hell out of me.
Steve Levy FTW
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

gary thorne didn't know anyone's name when it had been his job to do so for several years. after a decade hiatus, it would be hilarious to see him try to figure things out now.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

My favorite things on ESPN are the Sportscenter commercials, and Not top 10 friday
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

shmenguin wrote:gary thorne didn't know anyone's name when it had been his job to do so for several years. after a decade hiatus, it would be hilarious to see him try to figure things out now.
There was probably about 60-80 Russians in the NHL then, probably like 20-25 now...he'll be a little better off on that front :wink:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

mikey287 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:gary thorne didn't know anyone's name when it had been his job to do so for several years. after a decade hiatus, it would be hilarious to see him try to figure things out now.
There was probably about 60-80 Russians in the NHL then, probably like 20-25 now...he'll be a little better off on that front :wink:
It would be like in the movie Miracle "Johnson on Mikhailov. Broten on Petrov. Pav against whoever OV." Every guy would be something OV
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I remember as a youngster this meaning so much to me lol but it doesn't matter at all. But it was still awesome. Couldn't find a shorter clip but Doc hasn't changed. I still have remembered that call all these years later at 11:16.. AMOOOOONTE HAS BROOOOOOKEN THE TIE!! LOL So many players on both teams I despised

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGw7REF2G8[/youtube]
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I remember as a youngster this meaning so much to me lol but it doesn't matter at all. But it was still awesome. Couldn't find a shorter clip but Doc hasn't changed. I still have remembered that call all these years later at 11:16.. AMOOOOONTE HAS BROOOOOOKEN THE TIE!! LOL So many players on both teams I despised

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGw7REF2G8[/youtube]
that was a great game, the 12:40 mark to me is the incredible part of that clip. The moment Messier comes in to take that draw, you can just feel that him, Gretzky and coffey are about to run an old oliers faceoff play. You even see him look at coffey, can't tell if he said something,

Sure enough face off win to coffey, messier takes two guys and opens a lane to gretzky in a perfect position, and they almost pull it off.

that to me is amazing