BEER WARS POST GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: BEER WARS POST GAME THREAD

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:
beerman wrote:apparently wars games ruin peoples lives when they feel they got the short end of the stick, jc.
lulz. Troy always does that after he loses as a baddie. See Lost Warz.

not always...i forget what happened in lost wars.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

beerman wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Wait, was I only supposed to pick numbers on nights 4 and 7? Oops, I did every night :pop:

I never told you anything specific. The pm said we need a random number and you kept sending them. Had you only sent it on night 1, I would've asked you again night 4.

I was going to let you know but it was funny watching you keep saying that you had to pick every night and that it was doing something :lol:
So I guess I really was oblivious to what I was actually doing :pop:

The night 3 people died, I thought I was the cause of one of them. Lulz.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

In regards to night talking, as far as I am concerned, no one has any room to ***** about it, so long as someone doesn't mention information they are not supposed to. (ie a seer spills the beans about their latest find prior to the writeup, which has happened in a game or two).

If you hate it, ban it when you mod your game. Given how often night phases tend to be lengthy (especially if they carry over from one IRL day to the next), it sucks to have the thread go quiet for 8+ hours.

There was quite a bit of discussion this time, which was great to see.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:not always...i forget what happened in lost wars.
You were butt hurt because you couldn't kill Corvidae. :pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

taken out by doublem. what a bummer :pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

lol, i just read the rest of the thread. glad everyone else shares my opinions on doublem.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Fun game beerman. Wish I could have participated more. Not sure why we let red will stay around so long.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

This was a great game to watch behind the scenes, watching the game ebb and flow, at first the reds having the upper hand, then nan turning the game and getting all but the late recruit outed. I cannot believe the village let redwill go.

FWIW, I am a big proponent of split reds not being able to communicate with, or even know, who another set of reds are. It forces the reds to talk in the thread as much as everyone else, for fear of killing their own.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Good game. :thumb:

I agree with relantel, though. How could redwill survive after being investigated?

I know, I know, easy for me to ask such questions.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

relantel wrote:This was a great game to watch behind the scenes, watching the game ebb and flow, at first the reds having the upper hand, then nan turning the game and getting all but the late recruit outed. I cannot believe the village let redwill go.

FWIW, I am a big proponent of split reds not being able to communicate with, or even know, who another set of reds are. It forces the reds to talk in the thread as much as everyone else, for fear of killing their own.

except not talking is the best way to stay alive in the game (see MWB, doublem & teib). :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Gaucho wrote:Good game. :thumb:

I agree with relantel, though. How could redwill survive after being investigated?

Looking @ the numbers, I knew that it was more important that we take out reds to avoid being in the situation where we had to guess right every day. had the village followed the correct path after ousting the reds (and had the vig not been a toolbag), there would have been 1 or 2 shots, maybe more to pick out the final one.

Or the vig could have shot Malks instead of Kraftser and it would have given NAN at least one more night, and saved a day.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

In any case, redwill is a smart player. He won this game and recruited me in the Star Wars game. And I only killed beermen (red) instead of Irish Eyes (Kirk) because I thought there is no way a red would be dumb enough to not participate at all. :pop:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
relantel wrote:This was a great game to watch behind the scenes, watching the game ebb and flow, at first the reds having the upper hand, then nan turning the game and getting all but the late recruit outed. I cannot believe the village let redwill go.

except not talking is the best way to stay alive in the game (see MWB, doublem & teib). :pop:
I participated when I could.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Good game. :thumb:

Looking @ the numbers, I knew that it was more important that we take out reds to avoid being in the situation where we had to guess right every day. had the village followed the correct path after ousting the reds (and had the vig not been a toolbag), there would have been 1 or 2 shots, maybe more to pick out the final one.

Or the vig could have shot Malks instead of Kraftser and it would have given NAN at least one more night, and saved a day.
But it didn't make sense for redwill to come out when he did.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

MWB wrote:But it didn't make sense for redwill to come out when he did.
No, but it worked. No one tried to kill him at night, and the village didn't kill him when they should have either.

But let's change things around. What if we voted redwill out immediately instead of going after canaan? What if nan was killed that night and we never got his info? There's a good chance the reds would have swept.

Up until the village voted out doublem instead of redwill, everything was in line for a good shot at a win. Had we not killed a red at any point prior to that phase, we were risking an all or nothing situation - something that I wanted to avoid.

Really though, doublem kinda screwed us with his killing of known good players, including the angel.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Regarding doublem, am I vindicated?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:But it didn't make sense for redwill to come out when he did.
No, but it worked. No one tried to kill him at night, and the village didn't kill him when they should have either.

But let's change things around. What if we voted redwill out immediately instead of going after canaan? What if nan was killed that night and we never got his info? There's a good chance the reds would have swept.

Up until the village voted out doublem instead of redwill, everything was in line for a good shot at a win. Had we not killed a red at any point prior to that phase, we were risking an all or nothing situation - something that I wanted to avoid.

Really though, doublem kinda screwed us with his killing of known good players, including the angel.
Good point. I guess it was tough with all the known reds out there to vote for someone who was more of a mystery.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The recruit fail/subsequent pwning of me was redwill's power move and it was done perfectly (combination of well played/happenstance. Gj, redwill
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:The recruit fail/subsequent pwning of me was redwill's power move and it was done perfectly (combination of well played/happenstance. Gj, redwill
Thanks. Like I said, I had a lot of luck work for me.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:Not sure why we let red will stay around so long.
I honestly think that if I had been killed off, the reds would have won it. columbia was doing a fantastic job and I think he would have pulled it out.

Thanks for the game, beerman and relantel. Great job.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I still hate doublem. :pop: