Hollywood Wars - Post game wrap-up

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars - Post game wrap-up

Post by mac5155 »

ill be honest at the end i was like :scared: and thought maybe MWB was the last mafia member and i was being tricked the whole game.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Nero wrote:I've been watching these for a while now and I think I'm ready.

I'M GOIN' IN! (to the next game please!)
I'll save you a spot for Jellyfish Invasion I (currently scheduled for the Olympic break in February)
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Having a brand new role to the game, I felt I had to come out if I was going to be believed.

My downfall was forgetting what day/night was going on. After tfrizz pointed that out, I felt so dumb lol.

I always have to keep a close eye on how many votes I get because I always gain traction fast.

That said, the game was well run/modded except for the Xmas break.

Hope to see another one during the all-star break.

This is also like 4 of the past 5 games I've had a role. I like killing roles the best, especially the vig or the ISK!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thsi role i had was amazing.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

oh, and did MWB pick me? or was it like, once he investigated me, i became the killer?

i am going to guess he picked me because i was the first villager he found that didnt die quick.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

mac5155 wrote:oh, and did MWB pick me? or was it like, once he investigated me, i became the killer?

i am going to guess he picked me because i was the first villager he found that didnt die quick.
read the night logs! he checked you night 2, chose you night 3
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

oh and btw....

The write up where TMZ reported someone was of Hollywood Actors...that was slappy

Mac woke up with the gun and the training manual
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Good game Pavel.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Was that strategy jay... keep me alive to get rid of Zaro?? If so, good move.... especially since I was suspicious of you since Day #2, just couldn't gather enough info.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

tfrizz wrote:Was that strategy jay... keep me alive to get rid of Zaro?? If so, good move.... especially since I was suspicious of you since Day #2, just couldn't gather enough info.
Partially. I actually randomly picked you to die on night but decided against it because I thought I could find use for you.

And loney, I was agreeing with you a lot on purpose. I kinda thought you were the investigator and wanted to be investigated. Also, I was trying to get a village ally.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I wanted to take senka out early, but everytime I thought there would be a chance he'd all the sudden push for one of us. I hate him...ha.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:Good game Pavel.
You know it. :thumb:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Oh BTW I'm going to advise anyone playing the game in the future to set their status to "hidden"
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Sorry to take you out night one, pavel. With my badguy inexperience I couldn't have you floating around.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

jaysmiter wrote:Sorry to take you out night one, pavel. With my badguy inexperience I couldn't have you floating around.
:lol: I wasn't gonna be into this game much. Really haven't been home a whole lot except for yesterday and today.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:Oh BTW I'm going to advise anyone playing the game in the future to set their status to "hidden"
:thumb: I approve this message.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Atleast I was semi-outed by a "trick". Not like Troy last game who experienced a "mod fail"
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:Atleast I was semi-outed by a "trick". Not like Troy last game who experienced a "mod fail"
I already explained to you in a PM that you were dead no matter what based on your play from previous games.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

In NHL Wars I caught shafnutz on this but didn't know how to translate it into the game without explicitly saying what I saw. My case wasn't strong enough and I got axed but that's how I thought he was bad.

As for this game I considered telling THG at the beginning but didn't know that it was a widely used tactic.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I'm gonna keep my status available to see and just PM random people and see if someone "outs my tell" :thumb:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Atleast I was semi-outed by a "trick". Not like Troy last game who experienced a "mod fail"
I already explained to you in a PM that you were dead no matter what based on your play from previous games.
Thats correct.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:I'm confused as to why everyone was so eager to kill the good RPs. I understand people didn't want to believe Malkamaniac, but I'm not sure why Zaro was killed. The village isn't very smart sometimes. I had slappy and shaf nailed since round 3 but no one wanted to listen :cry:
I agree completely. The problem is that people worry about the confusion it will cause as the game goes on. Of course, once you started calling me out it was harder to agree with you.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mac5155 wrote:oh, and did MWB pick me? or was it like, once he investigated me, i became the killer?

Yeah, once I checked you and saw you were green I decided I had to go with you. I could have picked someone else, but if they were already a roleplayer it would have been a wasted night. So when I checked you I was hoping you were green.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:I'm confused as to why everyone was so eager to kill the good RPs. I understand people didn't want to believe Malkamaniac, but I'm not sure why Zaro was killed. The village isn't very smart sometimes. I had slappy and shaf nailed since round 3 but no one wanted to listen :cry:
I agree completely. The problem is that people worry about the confusion it will cause as the game goes on. Of course, once you started calling me out it was harder to agree with you.
I'm all about voting out good role players seeing as I've been a bad guy for four out of the last five games. Otherwise I agree that voting out role players is not a good strategy.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

cup keeper wrote:
MWB wrote:
I'm all about voting out good role players seeing as I've been a bad guy for four out of the last five games. Otherwise I agree that voting out role players is not a good strategy.
Funny thing is that it seems like it's usually regular villagers that are pushing to vote out the good guy rp's.