BuzzOntheBurgh - Little Credibility

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I don't their site as personal as others. But they are reporting that Sykora signed 2 years $5.25 total. That's $2.6M cap hit. That's a steal if true. Sykora will pot 30-35 next year!
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Umm, Penn State was never interested.
That's inaccurate. Maybe they didn't offer a scholly the second time around, but that doesn't mean they weren't interested.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

So me a link to a site associated to the university or athletic department that says they were interested.
It would be a recruiting violation if I could.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Ogie wrote:Let it fade guys, quit giving them free publicity.
LGP is the melting pot for rumors and news. why check all those places when their stories will just end up here?
kbeech
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Responding To PSI

Post by kbeech »

Just to defend PSI, that story written about Penn State/Pitt was while someone else was running that blog, I challenge you to find something that I've written that was made up.....I was right about Sidney Crosby being named captain, also a bunch of other Penguins news..... I broke a bunch of Pitt recruiting news and when Ben Roethlisberger having surgery........All my sources are from people in the Pgh media.....I don't make stories or sources up.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:i think blogs are creating a serious issue concerning journalistic integrity
Not always. Blogs can be a way for people with inside information to post anonymously without ruining their own sources or jeopardizing their jobs.

There are several blogs with outstanding records, including Faceoff Factor, PSI, etc.
kbeech
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PSI

Post by kbeech »

What Penn State stories.....I haven't written a total of 5 Penn State stories in the 8 months since I've taken over.....Once again the McCoy story was written at the same time the Penn State/Pitt story was posted....Before I took over....You can't seem to understandn that...."That's crap about the big stories that people knew were coming"......The purpose of the site isn't to be 100% rumors.....I deal in facts......
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

eastonpensfan wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:i think blogs are creating a serious issue concerning journalistic integrity
Not always. Blogs can be a way for people with inside information to post anonymously without ruining their own sources or jeopardizing their jobs.

There are several blogs with outstanding records, including Faceoff Factor, PSI, etc.
I think this post should come with a disclaimer and full disclosure. :)
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

eastonpensfan wrote:

Are you still with FF? Jesse didn't get my payment yet, I guess.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

Kovy27 wrote:
eastonpensfan wrote:

Are you still with FF? Jesse didn't get my payment yet, I guess.
No, he got your payment. He used it to buy beer for the whole FF crew to keep us going on FA signing day.

:lol:
Slick, Arnold
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: PSI

Post by Slick, Arnold »

kbeech wrote:What Penn State stories.....I haven't written a total of 5 Penn State stories in the 8 months since I've taken over.....Once again the McCoy story was written at the same time the Penn State/Pitt story was posted....Before I took over....You can't seem to understandn that...."That's crap about the big stories that people knew were coming"......The purpose of the site isn't to be 100% rumors.....I deal in facts......
.....I deal in facts......

Lesky?
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

The problem with that article was right at the top where it says...
Latest Penguin Buzz courtesy of www.thebuzzontheburgh.blogspot.com
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

pfim wrote:
Only if you consider them journalism.
I don't. From the looks of this thread, a lot of other people DO think its journalism. I take any internet rumor, whether its about rob scuderi or lesean mccoy with a grain of salt. Blogs blur the line between true journalism and some dude just saying stuff.
Angle
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Angle »

The Buzz On the Burgh wrote:He will be a valuable asset. Petr Skyora was a eilite player with the New Jersey Devils in the early part of the decade but after bouncing around the league for a couple years Skyora had a breakout season with the Edmonton Oilers scoring 30 goals. Think of the Skoyra signing as a trade for Michel Ouellet. It's a upgrade for the Penguins but i envision Skyora playing with Evgeni Malkin as the two were in linemates in Russia during the lockout. As i look at the Pengins roster now i just see no place for Mark Recchi.
this is simply wonderful work. Not only did the Pens sign Petr SKYora (not Sykora), but he apparently scored 8 more goals in The Buzz On the Burgh league than he did in the NHL (last season, he scored 22 with the Oilers... see... http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... Id=8460465).

Finally, before he was signed, there were, by my count, three right wings sure to make the team: Recchi, Amrstrong and LaRaque. Adding Sykora apparently pushes the Pens over the edge and poor Recchi will have to sit.

Furthermore, the bratty rant of a 5-year old that they posted this morning ("I posted what I was told boo f'n hoo") regarding the Kariya "signing" has been removed.

My recommendation is to just forget about this site... it's apparent that it's run by someone who doesn't have what it takes to keep up with even the likes of Eklund (who will print anything).