TPT Trades......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

dagny wrote:See, innuendo. Doesn't break the rules and takes some intelligence. I love you guys!(But not more than Pitts, of course. :D )
That's my girl!
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:that makes them a "fair-weather" fan, which is bad
So you were never new to a sport, or new to being a fan of a sport?
um no
This is fascinating to me. Were you a sports fan, specifically of Steelers American football and Penguins hockey, in the womb? In past lives? As some sort of eternal spirit wandering the cosmos?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TPT Trades......

Post by Corvidae »

tripodtod wrote:Malone for Torres, Tucker Ryan Smyth , or Hartnell(we might have to add a pick for Smyth or Tucker)

The Oilers will get much more in return for Smyth than Malone, and Nashville won't trade Hartnell because they're actually in the playoffs (see: first place).

Ouellet for Prucha, Kovy, or Lupul

Welch + Melichar for J. Smith, Matt Dandenault, or Craig Rivet
Only if Keven Lowe was a huge Pens fan would we get Lupul for Ouellet. That would be almost like Ouellet for Pronger. Kovalev will be injured for at least three weeks, and even if he wasn't they don't want Ouellet for him. Same with Prucha. Why, why, WHY do you assume anyone would give up a good player for him?
Last edited by Corvidae on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

pfim wrote:
Pitts wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
pfim wrote:
that makes them a "fair-weather" fan, which is bad
Why is it bad?
u want them stealing the hard-core fans spotlight, this whole thread is gonna take a bad turn, i can feel it
I was wondering why I sweat so much everytime I come to this board! Its that damn spotlight!
You're a soft core fan. Less lights in soft core, must be something else for you. :shock:
You mean soff core.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Pitts wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:ok,ok, i am in school, ok, so when the steelers won the SB, holy crap man, all these people start showing up in steelers stuff... and talking about how much they love the steelers, when i was a fan all year and wore there stuff and when to there games, it just really bothered me, since i live far away now, i was the only steelers fan, so when all these bandwagoners, come it gets on my nerves, and guess what, they all went away this year :lol:
So you're "hardcore" because you wear stuff??
no, since i;ve been a steelers fan sice i can remeber, born in raised in pittsburgh, went to every,every game at 3 rivers untill i moved, and still make the trip up there to see 3-4 games a year :D
i think calling someone who is new to the sport or team isnt a fair weather fan as much as a n00b to the team...big difference. furthermore, you were a fan because of your parents, i assume? ...is that any worse than becoming a fan because they are gaining popularity? ..probably not ...but to a majority of sports fans, these are the two main reasons/factors why people get into sports..its that unspoken sense of comradery (sp) that stems from fan interactions (stranger-stranger, father-son, mother-daughter) there is a bond that forms as a result. is it a bad thing that someone new is watching the penguins and is 'jumping on the bandwagon' ...absolutely not. The penguins, and the NHL for that matter, needs all the fans they can get their hands on. ...i wouldnt be quick to attack n00bs...its uncalled for...especially from someone would, through their posts on this messageboard, smells of needing to be learned in terms of the game. this is probably off topic so ill stop. that is all.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

tripodtod wrote:I took a hit on my last poast about Talbot. Im sorry I just think we just may need a steady 2 way vetern C who is realy good at face offs and he would be a good return fo a team. Here is other ideas.

Malone for Torres, Tucker Ryan Smyth , or Hartnell(we might have to add a pick for Smyth or Tucker)

Of all i pick :
Malone and 3rd rounder for R.Smyth
Ekman and Scuderi for Prucha and pick
Melichar and 4th round for Rivet
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pens4Life wrote:
tripodtod wrote:I took a hit on my last poast about Talbot. Im sorry I just think we just may need a steady 2 way vetern C who is realy good at face offs and he would be a good return fo a team. Here is other ideas.

Malone for Torres, Tucker Ryan Smyth , or Hartnell(we might have to add a pick for Smyth or Tucker)

Of all i pick :
Malone and 3rd rounder for R.Smyth
Ekman and Scuderi for Prucha and pick
Melichar and 4th round for Rivet
Glen Sather laughing

:lol:
Malkin0017
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Malkin0017 »