The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by nocera »

SolidSnake wrote:Royal Rumble predictions?

IMO it's either Bryan Reigns or Wyatt or even Sting. I'm at work now I will discuss that theory later
If it's anybody but Bryan, the crowd will destroy the winner. It's in Philadelphia, they have the RR 2014 crowd to live up to, and it's Bryan's redemption Rumble.

My prediction? Bryan is eliminated before the final four by some sort of outside Authority interference and Reigns wins.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

nocera wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Royal Rumble predictions?

IMO it's either Bryan Reigns or Wyatt or even Sting. I'm at work now I will discuss that theory later
If it's anybody but Bryan, the crowd will destroy the winner. It's in Philadelphia, they have the RR 2014 crowd to live up to, and it's Bryan's redemption Rumble.

My prediction? Bryan is eliminated before the final four by some sort of outside Authority interference and Reigns wins.
While it's entirely possible Reigns wins, I think the fact that he's been seeing reduced TV roles in recent weeks, is a strong indication that his mega-push has slowed. My prediction is that Bryan wins -- possibly after being the first entrant -- and Rollins wins by way of pinfall over Cena. That sets up Rollins vs. Bryan for the belt at Wrestlemania and still leaves the door open for Reigns vs. Lesner at the same event.

While it will never happen, I'd also love to see Cena come out Monday and step away from the heavyweight title scene to focus on the IC belt, which he's never won. A fan over at Cageside Seats put together a nice piece on how this would work, and it makes a lot of sense. Cena leaves the title scene, creating room for someone else to step in. Meanwhile, Cena is forced to fight his way to the IC Title #1 contender spot because the Authority says his history doesn't give him the right to pass over the pecking order. After a few weeks, he's confronted by the last roadblock: Ziggler. Ziggler proceeds to let it all out how Cena has screwed him over time and again and Cena won't get through him. The idea leads to Cena beating Ziggler, then subsequently beating Barrett at WM, giving a huge rub to the belt. While I hate Cena, the idea of having a strong second title is valid, and he's a guy who could make it happen. That said, it won't happen. No way Cena leaves the main event scene.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

nocera wrote:I am irrationally disappointed that OSW Review didn't finish the Hulkamania era series with King of the Ring '93.
Yeah, I kind of wish they would have just kept going with that era's stuff. The WM9 episode might be their best one
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I know it prob goes without saying but we can trust that any spoilers will be spoilered in here this weekend?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

There's always a chance for an Orton rumble win, or Batista coming back? imagine trolling the philly crowd. I think Bryan maybe too obvious
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Reigns eliminates Bryan to win, and turns heel. I would love this.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Froggy wrote:Reigns eliminates Bryan to win, and turns heel. I would love this.
Very possible.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

as for the main event, i see lesnar losing to cena, and rollins cashing in. rollins won'r be the champ at wrestlemania,though. i'd LOVE to see a triple threat with the former shield as the main event, but cena's probably gonna be in there somewhere
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Froggy wrote:as for the main event, i see lesnar losing to cena, and rollins cashing in. rollins won'r be the champ at wrestlemania,though. i'd LOVE to see a triple threat with the former shield as the main event, but cena's probably gonna be in there somewhere

Rollins/Bryan WM main event would be okay with me.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Froggy wrote:
nocera wrote:I am irrationally disappointed that OSW Review didn't finish the Hulkamania era series with King of the Ring '93.
Yeah, I kind of wish they would have just kept going with that era's stuff. The WM9 episode might be their best one

Doink brah!

I wish they would just go through the big 4 chronologically.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

Froggy wrote:as for the main event, i see lesnar losing to cena, and rollins cashing in. rollins won'r be the champ at wrestlemania,though. i'd LOVE to see a triple threat with the former shield as the main event, but cena's probably gonna be in there somewhere
I think, while they've left it on the backburner of late, they can and should keep the Shield hate going for a while before having it culminate in a Wrestlemania triple threat. I feel like they just touched on this storyline and then had each of them move forward with other feuds, leaving the potential for these guys to cross paths again. I'm thinking Summerslam at the earliest, but maybe even next year's Wrestlemania.

In the meantime, turning Reigns heel and having these three guys all hate each other, rather than having Ambrose and Reigns united, might make for a better lead up. Also continue to let Reigns grow out of the downward spiral he's been in with fans and build Ambrose up to main event level. This would have the makings of a major Wrestlemania main event, especially if the title was involved.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

If o were to put odds on the winner, I'd probably say something like +300 for Bryan and Reigns, +800 for Ambrose and at least +1500 for everyone else.

Edit, just found this online
Roman Reigns — 1/3 [Favorite]
Daniel Bryan — 3/1
Randy Orton — 6/1
Dolph Ziggler — 14/1
Dean Ambrose — 16/1
Triple H — 20/1
Reigns at 1/3? Man, that's too much of a favorite I think.

Also, how the hell is Triple H in there at all?

I think Ryback at 25/1 probably has the best value
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

The fact that there is legit betting on a sport with a pre-determined outcome is just crazy to me.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

I just took on those numbers off a random site, but the site that I bet with, 5dimes, actually has lines on Pro Wrestling.

Reigns is -260, Bryan is +260 and than Orton is next at +1250

I'm legitimately tempted to bet for the field to win over Reigns (+180)
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Hey if there's money to be won, I wouldnt be surprised if there's betting for tv shows. Who will die next on the Walking Dead?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Bodog usually offers odds and betting on wrestling. They cap betting at like $100 though.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

My friends and I do the usual draw 3 or 4 numbers and whoever comes out then is your guy.

We normally pay out: Winner, Most Eliminations, Longest Time in, Shortest Time in, and we throw a bone to whoever has the runner up. Usually 10 bucks or so. The pot is determined by how many people are going to be with us. It went from 10 a piece on Tuesday to everyone trying to 1 up each other like a goddamn auction now we're all throwing in $50 a piece. I went home with big money the last 2 years had Cena winning in 13 and Punk with the longest time last year. Def the most fun PPV of the year.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Just a friendly reminder to please not post Rumble spoilers here tomorrow, including any surprise entrants. I can generally avoid other sites but it may be tough here.
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by JeanPronovost »

My prediction: Lesnar pounds Rollins for the whole match, but Cena sneaks in and pins Rollins. Lesnar goes berserk and lays out Cena because Lesnar is angry he lost the title without being pinned. Lesnar leaves, and Rollins cashes in on Cena.

Or Lesnar and Reigns win, which was the original plan. But if they really are going with Reigns-Lesnar at Wrestlemania they should have had some interraction between the two by this point. Reigns seems real cold to me right now. I don't think he'd get much pop (especially in Philly) by winning the Rumble.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

nocera wrote:Just a friendly reminder to please not post Rumble spoilers here tomorrow, including any surprise entrants. I can generally avoid other sites but it may be tough here.
lol so is this basically saying no posting during the Royal Rumble in this thread? Seems a bit unrealistic, and can't you just not come to this website for a few hours?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

shafnutz05 wrote:
nocera wrote:Just a friendly reminder to please not post Rumble spoilers here tomorrow, including any surprise entrants. I can generally avoid other sites but it may be tough here.
lol so is this basically saying no posting during the Royal Rumble in this thread? Seems a bit unrealistic, and can't you just not come to this website for a few hours?
Or not click on this thread? I doubt anyone will be posting about it outside this thread.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

#dodint
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Asking someone to not post spoilers in this thread is like asking someone to not post about the Pens game in the GDT.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

There's a difference between live posting and posting spoilers leading up to the event.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Yeah I was confused about in that too...