The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by skullman80 »

I finally watched.. well DVR'd through Raw. Whole lot of nothing going on. Lesnar's promo video was pretty awesome. He truly does come across as someone who just wants to hurt people. The "I'm gonna leave you in a pile of your blood, urine, sweat" was funny because it actually makes sense when Lesnar says it cause he sounds like a psychopath.

Brie/Steph.. that angle, in all reality the angle itself has been built pretty well. There is actually a good story that has arc'd recently. Steph plays a great *****. Brie can't act worth crap though, and every time she talks its awful. It didn't need to be the closing to the show on Raw, but honestly it's one of the few angles they have actually developed recently. Hopefully it will end at SummerSlam though, and Brie and Nikki can both just go away.

I gotta say Steph does a better pedigree than HHH does, she doesn't let the arms go and makes her opponent take the full bump face down hahaha. Both Brie and Nikki took that bump like a champ.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

No way Stephanie/Brie Bella beats Cena/Lesnar for the main event
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

No one was seriously thinking they would put Brie/Steph on last were they? I thought people were just being sarcastic. Cena/Lesnar is the main event, and the selling point of the whole show.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Not sure if this is correct or not, but I heard Stephanie/Brie has been closing Raw because Cena is on a light schedule due to a movie and Lesnar is on a light schedule due to being Brock Lesnar.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

I really wish Stephanie exercised more control than Triple H. After all, she is Vince's kid and while Vince had some major gaffes he also was apt at giving the fans what they want. That's a premise Triple H does not seem to understand. As far as Brie and Niki are concerned, with their S/O's taking less of the spotlight hopefully they fade sooner rather than later.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

She'sTheFastest wrote:I really wish Stephanie exercised more control than Triple H. After all, she is Vince's kid and while Vince had some major gaffes he also was apt at giving the fans what they want. That's a premise Triple H does not seem to understand. As far as Brie and Niki are concerned, with their S/O's taking less of the spotlight hopefully they fade sooner rather than later.
I'm not so sure it's Triple H and Stephanie as two entities. Instead, my guess is they are making most decisions jointly.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I honestly think Vince is more of the problem at this point. I think most of the good stuff we do get is because HHH fights for it. Remember Daniel Bryan garbage man... that was Vince. Vince is way way out of touch as to what the audience wants at this point.

The tag team belts actually mean a little bit because of HHH. Kenta and Devitt getting signed.. HHH's pushed for that. The Sin Cara signing is the only real bad thing he has pushed for but hey that happens.

I think its important to separate HHH the wrestler and when he was a dbag on a power trip most of his career and HHH the business guy.

The guy isn't perfect, but I think wrestling wise the company will be in better hands once Vince actually lets go and lets HHH take the reigns full time.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

skullman80 wrote:I finally watched.. well DVR'd through Raw. Whole lot of nothing going on. Lesnar's promo video was pretty awesome. He truly does come across as someone who just wants to hurt people. The "I'm gonna leave you in a pile of your blood, urine, sweat" was funny because it actually makes sense when Lesnar says it cause he sounds like a psychopath.

Brie/Steph.. that angle, in all reality the angle itself has been built pretty well. There is actually a good story that has arc'd recently. Steph plays a great *****. Brie can't act worth crap though, and every time she talks its awful. It didn't need to be the closing to the show on Raw, but honestly it's one of the few angles they have actually developed recently. Hopefully it will end at SummerSlam though, and Brie and Nikki can both just go away.

I gotta say Steph does a better pedigree than HHH does, she doesn't let the arms go and makes her opponent take the full bump face down hahaha. Both Brie and Nikki took that bump like a champ.
I read somewhere that video package promo was largely unscripted. I can buy that too because I can't see "I'm going to leave John Cena in a pile of blood, urine, and vomit," being written by creative. Lesnar really makes it look like this is going to be one hell of a beating. You can feel his hatred for John Cena and it really builds up this match..

then they cut to Cena in his monotone "I respect Brock Lesnar." "I love this company" "I know I'm going to be in for the fight of my life" Yeah John, you say that before every PPV match. blah blah blah blah blah.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Lesnar is one of the few wrestlers, ever, that I'm legitimately afraid of. I saw him in person back at the Royal Rumble, and I was scared to even look at the guy in fear he would not like it and say something about it lol.

I have no idea what Brock Lesnar the person is like in real life.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

ADR was released after getting into an altercation with "another employee."

Del Rio is bland, but I always liked him. He was solid in the ring, he had a convincing style.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

TheHammer24 wrote:ADR was released after getting into an altercation with "another employee."

Del Rio is bland, but I always liked him. He was solid in the ring, he had a convincing style.
Should have made sure there was a camera and the backstage metal rods present. He would have been in the clear
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I'm guessing there was no altercation and it was a way to dump his big contract.

In other news, Mark Yeaton - timekeeper and Stone Cold's personal beer tosser - has also been released.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/8 ... ark-yeaton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

TheHammer24 wrote:ADR...[got] into an altercation with "another employee".
Isn't this like...the point of wrestling?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:ADR...[got] into an altercation with "another employee".
Isn't this like...the point of wrestling?
It's fake :(hop on)pop:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The ADR story is getting more interesting. Rumor is he slapped the social media manager backstage. WWE then tweeted:

(1/2) @VivaDelRio is responsible for his own actions. If you’re angry at anyone, be angry at Alberto.

(2/2) There’s no excuse for a pro athlete not to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

This feels like a work. First, WWE didn't use his real name when announcing his release. Then this.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I could listen to Heyman talk all night.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

skullman80 wrote:I could listen to Heyman talk all night.
Yep
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:The ADR story is getting more interesting. Rumor is he slapped the social media manager backstage. WWE then tweeted:

(1/2) @VivaDelRio is responsible for his own actions. If you’re angry at anyone, be angry at Alberto.

(2/2) There’s no excuse for a pro athlete not to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

This feels like a work. First, WWE didn't use his real name when announcing his release. Then this.
That line seems awfully weird to be using in a press release.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

I was surprised to see that the Trib covers studio wrestling in their sports section.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Heyman rules. I'll say it again, he knows how to sell a match.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Whose house? Brocks house!
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Heyman's so good on the mic. Also makes Lesnar look more like a stupid brute.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

They need to keep reigns off the Mic. Yeesh.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

So Kane is back in a suit I see?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

When did RVD become a jobber?