Offical Arena Thread: 2/1/07

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

Doesn't sound like he will be inviting RR back on his show, does it? He prefers a sycophant.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by td_ice »

newarenanow wrote:Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.
I took that to mean that the Pen's "sources" sometimes put things out there, whether it be certain info, or denying certain things, soley for the sake of public consumption/dealing in the media.
Corban87

Post by Corban87 »

newarenanow wrote:Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.
By that they are not close to a deal. He feels that both sides are trying to stay quite, so they can make a big splash together in the announcement.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

Madden is below pathetic for toying with the heart strings of Penguins fans for the sake of ratings.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by td_ice »

Corban87 wrote:
By that they are not close to a deal. He feels that both sides are trying to stay quite, so they can make a big splash together in the announcement.
Yeah he did say that things might be super close, but that they want everything detail proof/iron clad for any announcement so that something does not blow up in their face. So that when they do make an announcement it is final and they can make a big PR splash.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

td_ice wrote:
Corban87 wrote:
Yeah he did say that things might be super close, but that they want everything detail proof/iron clad for any announcement so that something does not blow up in their face. So that when they do make an announcement it is final and they can make a big PR splash.
I can definitley agree with that. That would be the worst if they announced it, then realized something was off and couldn't get it resolved. That would kill me more than them announcing they were moving straight up.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

Does anyone else get the impression that noone really knows what is going on?
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:Right, but that is Burkle. Burkle and the LGP are totally separate for legal purposes. Burkle has not earned a $$$ from this 'investment' yet so I see no need for him to just pay the fee. If Burkle were just to write a check he would want something in return, such as a higher % of ownership in the club.
he is the majority owner though....
Yes, but why would Burkle just throw $10 million away just to pay off IoC, especially when its a limited partnership, without getting something in return? That is not a smart business move and Burkle is not a stupid business man, as evidenced by his accumulated wealth.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by imau2fan »

Mad City Mike wrote:MM closed with shot at LGP yet again, criticizing those who hang on every message board post.
People like, say, MM himself? What a bloviating hypocrite.

And for those who say he's shamelessly toying with emotions just to get ratings, well perhaps that's because he now has to..........

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07025/756683-194.stm

.............though he'd never own up to it, of course.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

I wonder if the strippers are disgusted by all that pizza drool on his shirt? Do they vomit after giving him a lap dance? And one last question: how many empty pizza boxes are hidden in his skin folds?

Now, any chance he will mention these questions on his show?
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:Right, but that is Burkle. Burkle and the LGP are totally separate for legal purposes. Burkle has not earned a $$$ from this 'investment' yet so I see no need for him to just pay the fee. If Burkle were just to write a check he would want something in return, such as a higher % of ownership in the club.
he is the majority owner though....
Yes, but why would Burkle just throw $10 million away just to pay off IoC, especially when its a limited partnership, without getting something in return? That is not a smart business move and Burkle is not a stupid business man, as evidenced by his accumulated wealth.
i wish he was stuiped :P
I hear 'ya! It should would make things a lot easier and less stressful. :D
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by imau2fan »

Stoosh wrote:Haha! Madden closes by asking if the people who follow this situation on the message boards like carp grasping for every nugget should be considered pathetic. Rossi said those people should be considered exhausted.
More specifically--grasping for every bit of good news.

Which is quite understandable given the sea of media negativity we've been engulfed in for several months, largely by the, er, "super genius" himself.....

"The fix is in!"

"If they don't get the license, they're gone!"

"Plan B is a fraud!"

"Murstein is a stooge, doing the Three Amigos' bidding!"

Or something like that. :)
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

So, to summerize what has come out today:

Fontana says they are close.

Madden says they haven't spoken in 5 or 6 days and Fontana isn't a good source of information.

Rossi says a deal could be done today or tomorrow.

Ravenstahl says they are close, but a face-to-face meeting is needed.

Rendell says a deal isn't close and this should be done by the end of February.

Also, a middle ground on development rights and/or revenue has been reached, but the sticking point is the $10 million payment to IOC. Rendell has reportedly offered a higher payment for the St. Francis property to offset this loss.

Did I miss anything?
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

bill from turtle creek wrote:Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.
Ravenstahl just said that he expects an answer to the pizza question by the end of the week, but Rendell doesn't want to put any sort of timetable on it.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

bill from turtle creek wrote:Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.
Dammit Bill! I was hungry for pizza tonight before I read that! Now I'm not sure I'll be able to keep anything down... :)
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
JDJ8766 wrote:So, to summerize what has come out today:

Fontana says they are close.

Madden says they haven't spoken in 5 or 6 days and Fontana isn't a good source of information.

Rossi says a deal could be done today or tomorrow.

Ravenstahl says they are close, but a face-to-face meeting is needed.

Rendell says a deal isn't close and this should be done by the end of February.

Also, a middle ground on development rights and/or revenue has been reached, but the sticking point is the $10 million payment to IOC. Rendell has reportedly offered a higher payment for the St. Francis property to offset this loss.

Did I miss anything?
and mario isn't talking.. :?
Yeah, I forgot about that. I know it wouldn't help as far as negotiating is concerned, but I would like something from the Pens.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

Racist :P
Guins

Post by Guins »

SDPensFan wrote:wonder what madden is eating right now, or who?
Gilbert Grape???
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:
Racist :P
you just hate me cause i'm white
When you stop being white, then I'll quit hating you. :lol: