NHL 15

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: NHL 15

Post by Crankshaft »

How do you know when someone isn't going to buy NHL 15? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Bold statement in the NHL15 thread. Should probably take it to the Video Games Not Currently Playing thread.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

Don't worry guys, they released an update a couple of days ago to improve NHL 15. They even included modes like "Playoffs" and extra touches like "Three Stars of the Game." And even more, it's free! A free content update, what more could you want.

Included in the game is great interview responses in Be a Pro like "My game is pretty good that's why your interviewing me right." (Spoiled due to size.)
Spoiler:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

No period after "not really" in addition to the noted your/you're error. That "those elite players" thing is unnecessarily clunky as well...also, in circle, that should end, "...me, right?"

I'm guessing - somehow - English was not the first language of the person who typed this...or they want to an American public school in the last seven years :mop:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Either that or it's ultrarealistic in that this is how a kid who spent high school focusing on a future in hockey would write. ;)
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Jesus...I've never seen a bunch of women whine about a game as much as you girls. :)
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

PS - I bought it and it is not good. So, F*ck you, EA.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

We tried to warn you. ;)
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I'm surprised they didn't do the "capitalize random words in a sentence" thing
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Malkamaniac wrote:I'm like 95% sure I'm going to just skip NHL and pick up FIFA this year. I miss my scouting and simming season stuff.
That last part is still there. Manual draft is added next month too.

That's not in defense of the game, just saying GM is what it's been (minus AHL playing and the in depth sim view) with a few new functions. Just saying if you like that mode.

That with the new cool gameplay has me enjoying GM alot. Playoff/tournament added now makes for great gaming nights with friends again, too.

This does in no way excuse the shallow options of game modes (and the ruin of BaP due to no sim to next shift) but if your thing is single player GM and couch tournaments with friends the game is still great.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I just got Xbox One and NHL 15. I generally only play online vs so I enjoy it. The control feels very different to me. Is it "looser" than last years? It doesn't feel as responsive.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Could be calibration issues, if you just got the Xbox
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

MRandall25 wrote:Could be calibration issues, if you just got the Xbox
Hate to ask the noob question, but how do I calibrate for that? I see the TV visual calibration but not for controller.

Also, any way to turn off the controller vibration every time you do a hard cut while skating? Super annoying.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by It'sagreatdayforhockey! »

By chance anyone out there with NHL15 and the gamecenter code that they aren't planning on using?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:By chance anyone out there with NHL15 and the gamecenter code that they aren't planning on using?
You can use mine. I'll PM when I get a chance.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Game sucks. Bought it for $30.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

For what it is (the first foray into the new generation of processing, graphics, and gameplay), I think it's worth the $30 bucks I got it for. Said it a few times, but it really reminds me of NHL 07, which I believe was the 1st NHL game put onto the Xbox 360. Things were a bit clunky then (deking, passing, etc.), and some game modes that were in older gen weren't in 07, but they definitely fine-tuned it for the next year. I would expect them to do the same here. The first year then was pretty much all about the new Xbox 360 graphics and the skill stick.

Actually enjoying HUT, for once. Normally never played it because I always had really crappy players, but I figured out I could find good players (82-87 OV) in the auction market for relatively cheap buy-it-now prices. Picked up Maatta, Spaling, Charlie Coyle, Trevor Lewis, Zib Michalek, Hampus Lindholm, David Perron and Thomas Greiss for no more than 5500 total pucks or so, and it's fairly easy to earn those pucks back (you get somewhere between 850 and 1100 per game on Pro difficulty). A lot better playing with them than it is playing with players under 65 OV.

The deking/stickhandling system could use a little tweaking, and the passing accuracy could be better, but overall I'm enjoying it for what it is: a hockey game on the next-gen. If you're expecting more from it, your expectations might be too high*

*Bear in mind, I normally just stick to the offline modes anyway. Haven't even touched BAP, but don't really plan on it because I'm enjoying HUT. Haven't gotten around to GM mode either, but it will happen in the future as soon as I can find a difficulty settings level that I feel comfortable with (beat Winnipeg 9-1 with CBJ, with 5 goals from RyJo, on Pro level, so I likely need to bump it up).
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I basically only play online vs and while I enjoy the game and it gets me my hockey fix, there are some incredibly annoying things about it on the gameplay side.

In no particular order:
-Computer going offsides
-Computer committing penalties
-Goalies completely crapping themselves in the last minute of a game
-No poke check while manually changing lines
-Opponents spamming poke checks
-Opponents taking control of their goalie and running into you, getting you 2 min. for goalie interference
-Passing isn't nearly as controllable as last year
-3 pauses allowed per game instead of just 1

I'm sure there's a lot I'm leaving out. There's also gameplay features I like that have been improved on since '14, but it's more fun to complain.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

most of those sound like NHL 14 complaints too.

not as bad as Fifa though. Fifa's AI is among the dumbest things ever
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

The goalie thing is ******* being *******. It happens in every NHL game (not necessarily the goalie thing, but people acting like idiots).
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Is the GM mode in this game in its current form worth playing? I got it for Christmas but haven't played it yet. I need to do something to get myself engaged in fantasy hockey down the stretch, so I thought I might play, but skimming this thread it seems like it could do more harm than good.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

I play the GM mode and I like it. It gives me my fix when I need it.

I hope they put their heads down and fixed the massive issues in 16.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Kraftster wrote:Is the GM mode in this game in its current form worth playing? I got it for Christmas but haven't played it yet. I need to do something to get myself engaged in fantasy hockey down the stretch, so I thought I might play, but skimming this thread it seems like it could do more harm than good.
Depends if you're playing 360 or XBone, IMO
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Kraftster wrote:Is the GM mode in this game in its current form worth playing? I got it for Christmas but haven't played it yet. I need to do something to get myself engaged in fantasy hockey down the stretch, so I thought I might play, but skimming this thread it seems like it could do more harm than good.
On 360/ps3 -- they at least didn't strip it down. So probably.

On Xbox1/ps4 -- not even close.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

skullman80 wrote:
On 360/ps3 -- they at least didn't strip it down. So probably.

On Xbox1/ps4 -- not even close.
I haven't played in months as me and my friends played mostly GM Connected and EASHL. Which is a shame as the new graphics and gameplay is pretty sweet.

If you like offline GM though there's mothugg wrong with it.

Skullman80: Besides playing your AHL team and that in depth sim view; what's stripped down in next gen GM? I don't miss anything. Enjoyed the season I played. After playing GM Connected and EASHL though strictly playing offline didn't hold up very long.

Truly a shame how EA limited the modes.