How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by mac5155 »

I'm guessing Samsung and/or Google will be pushing cloud storage in the absence of an SD card?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

mac5155 wrote:I'm guessing Samsung and/or Google will be pushing cloud storage in the absence of an SD card?
Dropbox and I think the Microsft storage will be featured with extra space. I have unlimited Data with T-Mobile which is great and I have a playlist of probably around 500 somgs I actually listen too so 32 GB's base is plenty for me. The only thing I can't do is throw a dozen kids movies on the S card now when my youngest daughter wants to watch something where we have no coverage which right now is between Durham, NC and Richmond, VA but they should have the LTE conversion from Edge done by the end of summer.

I am more bothered by not being able to swap batteries. I guess I'll just need to get one of those portable batteries that will charge via usb. So not a big deal there either but I know people will flip out about both issue and the exapndable storage and replaceable betteries were a huge drawing point to Samsung to make then different.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

T-Mobile Note 3 just got Lollipop yesterday. So much better but the UI hasn't really changed that much. I was really hoping for a widget overhaul to match the Note 4 and S5 look. I guess I can stick with the Google Now Launcher to make it feel like stock android.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

mac5155 wrote:I'm guessing Samsung and/or Google will be pushing cloud storage in the absence of an SD card?
I think you get like 120 gb of cloud space with the new galaxy. I'm getting the edge s6
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Got the Lollipop update for my Verizon M8 yesterday afternoon. Haven't played with it much yet to see what it's all about.
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

Picked up the Sharp Aquos Crystal not long ago- pretty happy with it so far. Love the edge to edge display on it, even though it looks so easy to shatter. Kinda wish the beefier version of it will make it to the US soon.
Gabe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Gabe »

Got the lolipop update on my S5 the other day. Hated, hated, hated it at first. Since then, I've gotten over it and realized the functionality actually is better.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Gabe wrote:Got the lolipop update on my S5 the other day. Hated, hated, hated it at first. Since then, I've gotten over it and realized the functionality actually is better.
That's kind of where I'm at right now
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I don't notice anything different other than my phone freezes up a lot after charging and the stupid Google now home button.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

mac5155 wrote:I don't notice anything different other than my phone freezes up a lot after charging and the stupid Google now home button.
I use Dolphin as my browser and I notice it's crashing, a lot. And I don't like how the notifications display when I the phone is locked.
scb147
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by scb147 »

stopper40 wrote:And I don't like how the notifications display when I the phone is locked.
You can turn that off. Settings-->Sound & notification-->When device is locked, set it to "Don't show notifications at all".
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

scb147 wrote:
stopper40 wrote:And I don't like how the notifications display when I the phone is locked.
You can turn that off. Settings-->Sound & notification-->When device is locked, set it to "Don't show notifications at all".
I still want to see them, I just don't like how they're displayed now. I preferred the old way, with an icon on top of the screen
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Switched to an iPhone 5c for a little while, liked it at first after having used an iPhone for almost 3 straight years but Andriod 5.0 is better after using it on a daily basis on my Note 3.

I really have found I can't live without Google Now. None if the weirdness of TouchWiz remains in Android 5 as far as the menus and notifications go and using the Google launcher you almost get a stock Android experience. The swipe to the left to get all my cards, that's somethign sorely missing in IOS and required suplimental apps to get the same kind of info.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

I got the s6 Edge yesterday and so far, so good. I like the curved screen...I didn't think I would enjoy that, but it is a nice touch.