NHL 15

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: NHL 15

Post by André »

He seems very excited about old gen BaGM. Finally players are scoring 100+ points (never happened these past few years when you played BaGM).

I hope that's in the next gen version as well. I've hated seeing all the stars on the CPU-teams score like 60-80 points tops.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Game is garbage. Missing 80% of the features that made it great. Why release it, if it's not ready? EA is obsessed with microtransactions. You're better off playing Candy Crush or Angry Birds; it's the same thing essentially.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Since I generally only play online vs, I'm still going to get the game. I never played EASHL or Be a GM. I did do live the life but got bored with if after a season or two so I won't miss that much.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I only play Live The Life unless I'm playing two player in person, so that alone is a deal breaker. I'm sure it'll be back for 16 though.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I'm not going to get it just because I think it's silly that they took a year off last year and didn't put out a hockey game on next-gen... and then do come out with a next-gen game this year and it takes away a bunch of stuff. Plus it just doesn't play that good IMO. If they would be honest with themselves and say price it at 30$, I'd give it a shot. At full price... not a chance. It's not a full price title with all they took away. I realllly want my hockey fix, but I just won't do it. Too many other good games to play right now.

Who knows maybe they will patch stuff in on down the road. If they do great, but as it stands right now there is no way it's a 60$ title. Not a chance.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Updates will be coming...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#33518185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Wow. When the otp update actually happens, you still wont be able to be the goalie. I love how they are so far behind, that one of the updates-to-be is the end game 3 stars.

Cue the stepfords, but this should be an embarrassment.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Don't you think they should go to a two year release cycle with roster updates? Call it NHL 14-15, NHL 16-17 and so on? And then for microtransactions, they could offer classic uniforms/teams/arena skins etc.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

nocera wrote:Updates will be coming...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#33518185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still unacceptable to release a half finished game and charge 60$.

You shouldn't have to pay now and get standard features later.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

When I bought NHL12 I bought it to take to Afghanistan, where we weren't allowed to put gaming systems on our already weak network. When I deployed I knew what my billeting would be like so I ordered a small TV and a second PS3 and had it delivered to Afghan so I wouldn't have to carry it over there by hand.

Point being, if I did that this year I'd get a game I could barely play and no way to update it. It's reminiscant of the problems EA had with Sim City last year (I was in Afghan on the same deployment). EA assuming everyone has internet is very shortsighted and borderline discriminatory.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Don't you have to pay Sony or Microsoft for connectivity to update games online? If so, there is another hidden fee to correct their poor choice to release an unfinished game.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

dodint wrote:I only play Live The Life unless I'm playing two player in person, so that alone is a deal breaker. I'm sure it'll be back for 16 though.
It's still there, though it's called BaP again (and who cared about giving the interview answers?)

The sim to next shift-feature is gone though, so the mode is still unplayable ;)

They're vague on whether or not that will be included in the patching.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

In summary:

GM is saved
The gaming night with friends is saved (custom tournament)
Online team play (up to 5 vs 5) is saved (and I don't care that it's with real players and not through EASHL, but do understand those who do)
BaP/LtL still unplayable unless they fix sim to next shift again (they're vauge about it)
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

this is absolutely hilarious and I don't know if this means the Xbone is crap or if EA is crap. In NHL 14 they have full 6v6 team play but goalie control is "too complicated" for NHL 15. Ok...getting the benches on the correct side is too complicated. what? really? I'm a software developer (granted not for video games) and this doesn't seem difficult at all.

also, they had to patch in the 3 stars feature? man EA is just terrible
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

BigMcK wrote:Don't you have to pay Sony or Microsoft for connectivity to update games online? If so, there is another hidden fee to correct their poor choice to release an unfinished game.
No. I don't currently have Live and can update games. Now, you DO have to have at least have the ability to connect it to the internet.

As I said, I completely understand the outrage. But being that I've paid $60 to only play online vs the past couple versions, doing the same for 15 doesn't bother me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

The good thing is, is that when this game's Be a GM is updated, it should be about $30 when I go to buy it new/used. Destiny is tomorrow anyways, gonna be weird not buying an NHL game on release day.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

After playing like 4000+ games of eashl in 09 and 10 on ps3 I bought a 360 just to play nhl on cause it supposedly played better. It runs that deep.
For the people that do play eashl, it's damn near the only reason they even get the game. I can't **** believe they couldn't get it done and I can't **** believe I'm not getting nhl for the second year in a row on next gen.
Now you'll have to excuse me, I've got through passes, headers and cursing in Spanish to work on.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Amen Juice.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

All those modes than NHL always had on their game were never touched by me. I don't want to be the goalie, pretend I'm a made up person trying to make it to the NHL, don't want to ever play minor league hockey, etc.

IMO, if they took all that junk out to make 9,000 fan models I'm 100% for it. It's NHL 15 not EASHL 15.

The game plays super smooth compared to last version, and the graphics are sick. The demo didn't reveal everything so I can't wait to pick up my copy.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

so you want a hockey simulator to play against a computer? how cro-magnon. You're getting fed spoonfuls of half-designed product and you are not only eating it up, but defending it. "i dont care about features or ingenuity or depth, i just want it to look pretty. You have battered EA consumer syndrome. You used to pay $60 for creative content, and are now paying the same amount for recycled mud. good luck with that.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Went with destiny this morning on ps4. Really comfortable with this choice after news broke about half the game missing in nhl15. I will grab it when it's in the bargain bin as long as it's under $20
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

canaan wrote:so you want a hockey simulator to play against a computer? how cro-magnon. You're getting fed spoonfuls of half-designed product and you are not only eating it up, but defending it. "i dont care about features or ingenuity or depth, i just want it to look pretty. You have battered EA consumer syndrome. You used to pay $60 for creative content, and are now paying the same amount for recycled mud. good luck with that.
For offline players there aren't too many issues. Custom tournament will be there, BaGM will be there. And all with the awesome looking next gen gameplay. The bolded part above isn't true.

Looking at online features though we're screwed. No denying that. The variety of game modes is shallow to say the least. Oh and BaP is useless unless they incoporate sim to next shift again.

So yes this is crap from EA, I'm disappointed too. However, given the next gen gameplay it can't be callled recycled mud.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Maybe I can pick it up to play hut and turn a 60 dollar game into a 300 investment.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

André wrote:
canaan wrote:so you want a hockey simulator to play against a computer? how cro-magnon. You're getting fed spoonfuls of half-designed product and you are not only eating it up, but defending it. "i dont care about features or ingenuity or depth, i just want it to look pretty. You have battered EA consumer syndrome. You used to pay $60 for creative content, and are now paying the same amount for recycled mud. good luck with that.
For offline players there aren't too many issues. Custom tournament will be there, BaGM will be there. And all with the awesome looking next gen gameplay. The bolded part above isn't true.

Looking at online features though we're screwed. No denying that. The variety of game modes is shallow to say the least. Oh and BaP is useless unless they incoporate sim to next shift again.

So yes this is crap from EA, I'm disappointed too. However, given the next gen gameplay it can't be callled recycled mud.
Uh, BEAGM is 1/3 of what it is on past gen systems. That's a huge problem for me and it's nowhere near the mode it should be.