Canaan - 8 : senka, Troy Loney, APK, Corvidae, NAN, bhaw, azkar, mac
npv - 2 : PFIDC, beerman
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ***OFFICIAL WWIX GAMEPLAY THREAD***

Post by PensFanInDC »

<EDIT TO LAST POST>

I meant NAN changed his vote 6 minuts after bhaw changed his and then when bhaw changed his vote again NAN changed his 15 minutes later.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I'll switch over to canaan. bhaw has put a good theory out there. It could be wrong, but it's all we got right now. I still have beerman and jw high on my list. With these new rules, it makes this game that much harder the further you go.

unlynch beerman

lynch canaan
Essentially everyone is a wolf. I just hope canaan isn't being quiet because he's a role player... that would be uber fail on my part... although good intuition that he was something.
That's my main worry. Usually you can pick out the role players, because they can be a little more guarded, or try to speak their minds w/o exposing themselves, but the issue is, what role do they play?

What is needed to hang? I suggest we hold off for canaan to at least say something. But he is as good a choice as anyone.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

PensFanInDC wrote:Not accusing anyone but....

NAN has changed his vote twice today, both times following bhaw. Once 6 minutes after bhaw's vote and then 15 minutes later.

anyone care to comment?

Again, not accusing anyone but interested in the circumstances.
I noticed this but didn't want to comment until next round :D
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Azkar wrote:If the alpha doesn't start nomming the game will take longer, longer games favor villagers imo
with this type though the longer it is the more wolves there could be..
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:\
What is needed to hang? I suggest we hold off for canaan to at least say something. But he is as good a choice as anyone.

im just a regular villager, so if i get lynched, its not a huge loss for the village.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I didnt think canaan was anything yesterday but today is a fresh slate, like everyday. sooo idk. And did i miss a writeup somewhere?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

canaan wrote:
newarenanow wrote:\

im just a regular villager, so if i get lynched, its not a huge loss for the village.
why should i believe this..?

(just asking for explanation)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Not accusing anyone but....

NAN has changed his vote twice today, both times following bhaw. Once 6 minutes after bhaw's vote and then 15 minutes later.

anyone care to comment?

Again, not accusing anyone but interested in the circumstances.
Because he went with beerman, and beerman is high on my list. So I jump aboard with that one.

And when he switched with canaan, he is one of the only people giving in depth reasons why, and it sounds plausible. I really have nothing right now so I went with it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

canaan wrote:i sleep in this morning to find this awesomeness out.

alas, i am just a villager...i guess we'll find that out soon enough.

notes:

1.bhaw is doing some hard work to rid me and beerman of the game. bhaw knows we are both smart players. i find this curious.
2.NAN is acting strange. very un-NAN like.
3.corvidae is wickedly defensive. If hes playing to survive, he's hurting the village because hes confusing people left and right. i dont care if you're unemployed or not, play for the village, not survival.

that being said, /lynch bhaw
I didn't really care about beerman until no one wanted to vote for you. I just thought it was curious that he agreed with me on lynching you at the beginning but never followed through.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Azkar wrote:If the alpha doesn't start nomming the game will take longer, longer games favor villagers imo
If he recruits 5 or 6 wolves, and we get down to 12 people, then the game is over and the wolves win. The only way eating is smart is if the vig or seer is known.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

ahh.. to sleep in.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

mac5155 wrote:why should i believe this..?

i don't really have anything that i can prove. all i have is bhaw's consistent and debunked theory of constantly attacking me and beerman.

the way the game is set up does one thing, it seems. it rationalizes bandwagon lynching based on the fact that players think the game changes so much from day to day. after im gone, look for the wolves to be in the bandwagoning mix because they have strength and legitimacy that way.

if thats the end of me, good luck village!
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

mac5155 wrote:ahh.. to sleep in.
what is this sleep-in you speak of?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

bhaw wrote:

notes:

1.bhaw is doing some hard work to rid me and beerman of the game. bhaw knows we are both smart players. i find this curious.
3.corvidae is wickedly defensive. If hes playing to survive, he's hurting the village because hes confusing people left and right. i dont care if you're unemployed or not, play for the village, not survival.

I didn't really care about beerman until no one wanted to vote for you. I just thought it was curious that he agreed with me on lynching you at the beginning but never followed through.
Had he already made a vote? If he did, maybe he just didnt want to change his vote to "jump on a bandwagon" and avoid that label.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

well... if i was in canaans spot since i slept in, id be like well too bad. Cause i cant talk myself out twice.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

canaan wrote:
mac5155 wrote:why should i believe this..?

i don't really have anything that i can prove. all i have is bhaw's consistent and debunked theory of constantly attacking me and beerman.

the way the game is set up does one thing, it seems. it rationalizes bandwagon lynching based on the fact that players think the game changes so much from day to day. after im gone, look for the wolves to be in the bandwagoning mix because they have strength and legitimacy that way.

if thats the end of me, good luck village!
I haven't constantly attacked beerman... just you.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bhaw wrote:

gotcha. just wanna let you know that you're gonna be on the hot plate next time around. :thumb:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

unlynch canaan

lynch azkar

you followed me on 2 lynches really quick.. and your logic of a wolf eating canaan doesnt make sense.. i dont know why a wolf would want to eat anyone until the alpha is gone..
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

PensFanInDC wrote:
bhaw wrote:

notes:

Had he already made a vote? If he did, maybe he just didnt want to change his vote to "jump on a bandwagon" and avoid that label.
The first day he might have (I dont like going back through these threads)... but it was with the majority. The second day when I nominated canaan, he still went with the majority. My feeling on beerman isn't nearly as strong, but it struck me as being protective of canaan to say that my theory makes sense and then just ignoring it after that. He's never given a reason for NOT voting canaan even though he said he agrees that canaan would make sense to be a wolf.

It's weak, but so are the other theories out there.

I know I'm putting myself out there big time with this one, but to me it makes sense.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

canaan wrote:
bhaw wrote:

gotcha. just wanna let you know that you're gonna be on the hot plate next time around. :thumb:
I'm on it either way, whether you're a wolf or not...
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I'm no wolf, but if I were the alpha I would eat canaan, beerman, Jose, senka - simply because I know they would make good wolves, as do the village. Making wolfs is great, but if the village catches on and starts to lynch all the ones that you are making you are doing yourself no favors
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Anyway, its lunch time... see you all later
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

notes:

1. To me, bhaw, you, Troy, adn beerman are probably some of the better players, so I'm worried about all of you. But at the same time, I have no leads on you guys because it is hard to get a read off of you guys.

2. I'm trying to play the game a little differently this time, since I get so much heat for suggesting people and lynching villagers. It's just not working though. It goes against my personalility, and I'm probably hurting things more since I don't know what direction I'm going.

3. I agree on both counts, and Senka was very defensive too. You can't play for yourself unless you are wolf. you have to look out for the good of the village. If not, it creates chaos and no one knows what direction to go. That is why I'm glad you just said you are a villager and are willing to take one for the team and not exposing a role player.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

mac5155 wrote:unlynch canaan

lynch azkar

you followed me on 2 lynches really quick.. and your logic of a wolf eating canaan doesnt make sense.. i dont know why a wolf would want to eat anyone until the alpha is gone..
as much as i dont like to agree with you, i was going to lead out next round with this... but seeing it fitting and available now, i figured its best to take him out while im still a villager haha. next round i might not want to.

unlynch canaan

lynch azkar

sorry for the almost lynching/backoff thing, but since people did it for me yesterday, i guess i can give canaan a second chance. i truely didnt believe in him anyways, i just went with whatev.
Last edited by Senka on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.