*OFFICIAL WWIX GAMEPLAY THREAD*

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: ***OFFICIAL WWIX GAMEPLAY THREAD***

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Well, I do kind of believe Jose for right now. I'm going to think for a few minutes.

question....if he's telling the truth here wouldn't that make him an obvious choice to be recruited? I think the alpha just needs to do his best to not recruit a role player early in the game....
That is something I'm thinking about right now. I'm trying to go through different scenarios.

If he is a regular villager, and he isn't lynched, then the alpha knows he is in the clear, and can pick him during the game knowing he is ok. And the village can forget about him feeling comfortable, all the while he was recruited as a wolf.

If he is lynched, that is one less villager, but it still keeps the alpha wolf guessing who is a role player.

Wow, this version is tough. It makes both sides think very hard. And it now makes being a villager a bad thing too (in a way).
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

I think we are going to end up hitting the time limit on day 1.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

mac5155 wrote:nonsense about beer.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Now, that you've said that, NAN, he won't get recruited. But now that I've said this, he will. My head hurts.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Juice, at the end of the game, will you have a recap of which day each wolf got recruited? It would be fun to look at.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Juice wrote:
read the second part of that post!
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

lynch jose

I feel like the important thing is he's not a role player...the chances of getting a wolf are so tough now...giving the alpha a free recruit and the ability for full denial from jose during the day makes things too tough....keeping him alive basically forces the seers hand tonight....
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Corvidae wrote:Juice, at the end of the game, will you have a recap of which day each wolf got recruited? It would be fun to look at.
i can definitely do that
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

mac5155 wrote:
Juice wrote:
read the second part of that post!
i started shaking and couldn't make it past that part
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

im liking this game already. it makes the whole game matter, not just the things that happened within a day or 2 of each other. still am not convinced about JC yet...... idk.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

wow, a couple pages in like 20 minutes, I thought I got blocked at work so I went and actually did a few constructive things. Looks like it wasn't down long though.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

beerman wrote:wow, a couple pages in like 20 minutes, I thought I got blocked at work so I went and actually did a few constructive things. Looks like it wasn't down long though.
only 3-4 minutes. seemed like an eternity! :scared:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:lynch jose

I feel like the important thing is he's not a role player...the chances of getting a wolf are so tough now...giving the alpha a free recruit and the ability for full denial from jose during the day makes things too tough....keeping him alive basically forces the seers hand tonight....
Yeah, I'm going to stick with my vote right now. No one else has anything good, and even if Jose is a villager, it is one less person for the wolves to safely pick, and it takes away the guessing for future rounds. The important thing is to not lynch a role player, and also not force them to reveal themselves right now. Voting for someone else may do that.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

unlynch canaan

lynch cuervo

Doing this for the reasons mentioned by NAN and whoever else. If we let him slide, he will likely become a wolf. The only change I will make is if people follow me on the canaan train. I still think he was converted on the first night.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

unlynch JOSE.
Lynch PFiDC. As much as his comments make me want to believe hes a wolf, maybe hes using reverse psych. idk!

PS: i hope i typed this as soon as Juice posted one haha
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

mac5155 wrote:
beerman wrote:wow, a couple pages in like 20 minutes, I thought I got blocked at work so I went and actually did a few constructive things. Looks like it wasn't down long though.
only 3-4 minutes. seemed like an eternity! :scared:
Yeah, I sat for about 2 or 3 minutes trying to get back on and thought "oh damn they blocked me" so I went and did what I'm getting paid to do. I was glad when I got back to my desk that it was back up :lol:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

if he wasnt converted tonight and we allow him to stay, he gets converted tomorrow.

lynch cuervo
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Okay whoa. i thought we were all off this idea. now we're back on. i need to read up. lol
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote:unlynch canaan

lynch cuervo

Doing this for the reasons mentioned by NAN and whoever else. If we let him slide, he will likely become a wolf. The only change I will make is if people follow me on the canaan train. I still think he was converted on the first night.
There is always tomorrow!

This version makes you think totally different. In the old version, you wanted to draw out villagers and role players (not at the beginning obviously, but later). That reduced the list of people you'd vote for. But now, you could be a villager one moment, a wolf next. And the wolves have the same concerns. They can't pick a role player, so if you draw out a villager, they know they are safe and can use them later.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

newarenanow wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to stick with my vote right now. No one else has anything good, and even if Jose is a villager, it is one less person for the wolves to safely pick, and it takes away the guessing for future rounds. The important thing is to not lynch a role player, and also not force them to reveal themselves right now. Voting for someone else may do that.
Actually sounds reasonable. I'll miss him since Joe Corvo / him = me.

Unlynch Zarovich
Lynch JC
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Last edited by Juice on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

unlych PFIDC.
RElynch JC. cause its what the cool kids are doing right now i guess?? :?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Writeup coming
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Juice wrote:...
:pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:

Thats it right there...if we keep cycling through people we're going to stumble on a role player...and that bad news....lynching a villager is the same as lynching a potential wolf.