Yet again, Another Ron Cook stinker article:

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Yet again, Another Ron Cook stinker article:

Post by kovyman1127 »

He should be fired:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06050/657860.stm

So, in other words Ron, even though Joe Montana, Bradshaw, etc have retired and finally want to give time to their families (which was denied during their playing careers). They should drop everything to go for a 3 minute pregame ceremony that will be forgotten 5 minutes into the game?

Cook writes "One day they (Bradshaw and Montana) will regret not taking part in the ceremony and being included in that fabulous picture of Super Bowl MVPs.

Umm...no Ron, just like everyone in the world except you...they will forget it 5 minutes into the game.

Can we get a "fire Cook" chant going??
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I don't know why people bother reading him anymore, but I've been saying that for a few years.

At some point you just realize the truth of the whole "consider the source" line of thinking.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by kovyman1127 »

It's scary that someone gets paid to tell you the obvious.

Can somone pay me to tell someone the following:

1. Mario is unhealthy...he should retire
2. McClatchey better put up for shut up

etc.

Say what you want about Smizek and Collier, but at least they make you "think"....not rant like an 18 yr old writing for a college newspaper.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Smizik stinks too. Gene Collier is entertaining at times, but I havn't read him as much since he left the sports page ans subsequently returned.

What kills me is when they (or any columnist) prints something, then people take it as being factual just because it's in print. Columnists basically get paid for their opinions and alot of people don't realize that...