Re: **Official MAFIA Gameplay thread**

Post by Senka »

:thumb:
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Senka wrote:Yesssssssssssssss! haha. I actually think finding the mole was better than a mafia! think about it... SEER is our most important person. thats their only indication of finding role players. Whoop. besides... it was clear NAN was on the mafia side.

Idoit - credit due.
I thought I started that train...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Well Jose then. haha i just remember idoit did it last round. to be honest i didnt review much yet im still reading. sorry
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Nope, nvm. It was idiot.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

That was my first vote though all game, :lol: . Test time!
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

well the mafia should already know two role players regardless of who else NAN told

it was evident after the miss kill the one night who the one role player is and from posts in the thread prior to that who the other one is

so now we must protect those two... its up to the doctor to take gambles on who to protect and hopefully the mafia swings and misses again
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

:shock: I just wake up and we've got another write up!

With a defense like that, I would have voted for NAN, too.

Um... Dr. please protect me. :D
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

one role is still super protected though... so all i can think is "hope its the seer" cause to be honest thats the main we we need to keep. and hopefully the mafia will mess around and miss a few times between the doc & outlaw... but the seer a couple extra nights...

okay. class # 3/4... if im not around in morning, find me in the chat. haha
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Ok.. as hard as this is for me, I have to go what hit me in the chat last night.

For some reason, I got a feeling, just a feeling that the some combination of Mafia participants in the chat were actually Mob and may be discussing their strategy through the PMs there.

They're all people I'd hate to eliminate, but that's how the game is played, yes?

So, I'll list who was there.

Idoit (but, he's always there.)
wallflower
PPF
JoseCuervo
MelicharSux

Mind you, nothing more than a hunch, but suspicion set in, nonetheless.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

sdm5055 wrote:well the mafia should already know two role players regardless of who else NAN told

it was evident after the miss kill the one night who the one role player is and from posts in the thread prior to that who the other one is

so now we must protect those two... its up to the doctor to take gambles on who to protect and hopefully the mafia swings and misses again

Ok.. I'm not getting the other "obvious" role player.

Granted, I just woke up and have to start getting ready for work, so I could only scan... but I'm not seeing it.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:Ok.. as hard as this is for me, I have to go what hit me in the chat last night.

For some reason, I got a feeling, just a feeling that the some combination of Mafia participants in the chat were actually Mob and may be discussing their strategy through the PMs there.

They're all people I'd hate to eliminate, but that's how the game is played, yes?

wallflower
PPF
JoseCuervo
MelicharSux

I understand what you're saying, dags, but that would be against the rules.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

dagny wrote:Ok.. as hard as this is for me, I have to go what hit me in the chat last night.

wallflower
PPF
JoseCuervo
MelicharSux

I thought game talk was forbidden in the chat?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:well the mafia should already know two role players regardless of who else NAN told

Granted, I just woke up and have to start getting ready for work, so I could only scan... but I'm not seeing it.
I don't know what/who he's getting at either. And hopefully the mafia doesn't either, if it is just us being dense and missing it...
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

wallflower wrote:

wallflower
PPF
JoseCuervo
MelicharSux

I understand what you're saying, dags, but that would be against the rules.

Why would that be against the rules? Mafia is allowed to communicate via PM, there is PM in the chat.

And Loney, we talk about it in the chat. We just don't give anything away.

As I said, I could be completely off base. It's just hard for me to suspect people I don't want to eliminate, so I decided to buck up, and go there. :?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

dagny wrote:
wallflower wrote:I understand what you're saying, dags, but that would be against the rules.

Why would that be against the rules? Mafia is allowed to communicate via PM, there is PM in the chat.

And Loney, we talk about it in the chat. We just don't give anything away.

As I said, I could be completely off base. It's just hard for me to suspect people I don't want to eliminate, so I decided to buck up, and go there. :?
I can only speak for myself, of course, but I don't think the chat should be used that way. When I talk about the game in there, it is only in general and, more often than not, about past games. (And mostly this game about the role of the mole - which, no matter how many times it has been explained, still confuses me.)

If it would make everyone feel better, maybe TW could institute a "no talking about the game in the chat" rule until the game is over?
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

IrishEyes wrote:NAN, you were the best thinker we had for these games. I miss you already. :(
In light of the revelation that NAN was, actually, the mole... I take this back. Sorry, dude, but you were out to get us, and that's completely not cool. :D

So right now we can only hope that NAN actually found a mafia guy, and the mafia doesn't know anymore than they did. And I see what dagny is saying, but I also agree that it should be against the rules.

Crap, I just realized that it's now night, and we should probably not be talking strategy. :shock:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Well, I have to go to work til around game time.

Guess I'll see what happens when I get home.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

dagny wrote:

:roll:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

dagny wrote: Ok.. I'm not getting the other "obvious" role player.

I think i picked up on whom in the village might be, but it could be a flip flop. Like i could be thinking too far into it.

The doc has a choice to make tonight though... himself or the other known role player... i dont see how the doc would know that unless they really looked into it though, because im not even sure i'm right. any extra nights are great nights. period.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Come on role players get this moving along!!!!
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

I thought we had already decided that it was illegal to talk werewolf/mafia in the chat.

At least that was my impression from the last werewolf...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

JoseCuervo wrote:I thought we had already decided that it was illegal to talk werewolf/mafia in the chat.

i dont know if im guilty, but i said "ive been sitting on here all day playing mafia for technically no reasons but to pass time.. and now im behind on homework" ... but thats all. sry.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

JoseCuervo wrote:I thought we had already decided that it was illegal to talk werewolf/mafia in the chat.

Pretty sure that was a rule from WW 1 set by the all mighty Juice.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

jwienand wrote:

We didn't have a chat back during WW 1 :wink:
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

JoseCuervo wrote:
jwienand wrote:

We didn't have a chat back during WW 1 :wink:
Touche' what I meant was, there was no talking about it outside of the game thread. Kinda like Fight Club...