Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Idoit40fans »

On the topic of drivers. I can actually deal with people going slow in the fast lane, but nothing annoys me more than those people that will either cut you off changing lanes or cut you off getting onto the road and then proceed to drive 5 mph below the speed limit. The only thing worse is if there is no one behind me and they could have waited a second and had an open road and not had to lay tire to get out onto the road.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

"Lone Car." This phenomenon happens often in a variety of places. Couple examples:

1) Flavor 1: You're driving, about to make a turn, left or right, doesn't matter. There is one car - the Lone Car - who gets there first and forces you to wait. There are no other cars in sight either before or after the Lone Car. The Lone Car came along just to delay you.

2) Flavor 2: You're in your skivvies, or otherwise garbed in "more appropriate for in your home"-wear and want to get the mail or do another very-fast outdoor activity. You don't feel like getting dressed more appropriately, so you look outside, make sure there are no cars. You know there has not been a car drive by your house for several minutes. You head to the mailbox, and right as you're about there, Lone Car comes up the street, witnessing you in your glory. You head back in, knowing that there will not be another car coming for a long time. Lone Car came along just to jam you up.

NB: I'm also quite aware that me being outside in said "more appropriate for in your home"-wear would constitute a pet peeve for just about everyone.
Last edited by Eismann on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

bhaw wrote:When my wife doesn't put dishes in the dish washer the "right" way :lol:
My wife says the same thing to me all the time...Do you want me to help clean up or not? :wink:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

bhaw wrote:Oh... and the trainer at my new job says "irregardless" ALL the time.

She even has a question typed out in our material that says "irregardless." Hello!!!! Spell checker marked that one for a reason!! She also has really bad hair... her hair looks like a Davey Crockett raccoon hat.
My father in law uses the word irregardless all the time as well....I find it funny....He doesn't see me laugh though...It's all on the inside..
bruthrluv
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by bruthrluv »

bhaw wrote:OH!! And at lunch last week, this one bothered me...

This fairly well overweight girl goes to the grill and orders a turkey burger. Ok, she's trying. But then she also gets an order of fries AND an order of fried mushrooms. She then gets her turkey burger, takes it to the condiment station, and DOUSES the thing in mayo (I find even a drop of mayo disgusting, but this was like, "do you want a burger with your mayo?). Why even go for the turkey burger?

In general... people who complain about their weight and then do stuff like that... "I'm so fat, I don't understand why. Oh, yes, I'll take the 10 piece fried chicken, extra fried, and the gallon mug of Mountain Dew. I just don't understand it. I take the stairs every day, but I can't get rid of this extra weight."
Yes, I agree with this and have similar experiences at my job. They also do it at breakfast asking for turkey bacon but get about two pounds of it. Then they will hold up the line complaining how the 327 strips they bought today cost 2 cents more than the 330 strips they bought yesterday. That 2 cents is going to put their kids straight through college. :roll:

Someone mentioned Septa earlier. On the Septa trains there are 3 person seats on one side of the car and 2 person seats on the other side but really should only be used by one person. My pet peeve on my commute is sitting in one of the smaller seats and having 3 rows of 3 person seats empty and insisting on sitting right next to me. No wonder you're wearing Wendy's uniforms.

Final pet peeve is having to listen to Philly fans moan and groan about how their teams never win even though they are about to win the World Series. Half of me wants them to win so they shut up but I know they will still whine and half of me wants TB to come back and win NJ Devils style because that would make me laugh for a long time.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

oooo, I got another one. Sometimes this irritates me to know end, sometimes I find it hilarious. When people don't realize i'm joking or being sarcastic. When something gets said that is so incredibly idiotic that I couldn't possibly be serious and still know how to type and yet someone still takes it seriously. Happens on here a lot. At least 4-5 times a week, sometimes many, many times more than that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

bruthrluv wrote:Final pet peeve is having to listen to Philly fans moan and groan about how their teams never win even though they are about to win the World Series. Half of me wants them to win so they shut up but I know they will still whine and half of me wants TB to come back and win NJ Devils style because that would make me laugh for a long time.
They will become the Red Sox except that I already hate Philly fans so they can't really increase my hatred. I still remember being a huge Red Sox fan, that ended quickly between 2004 and 2005.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Troy Loney wrote: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd say that littlemoonboot wins, but that's hardly an irrational pet peeve...everyone should hate those d-bags...I live next door to a gaggle of them...

I also own the book that Troy Loney suggests...

Besides obvious things like guidos, my irrational pet peeve is: I hate people that cross their 7's...I live in America, look at your keyboard, look at that number line above your grade school chalkboard, look at your cell phone...it's not crossed...don't do that...it's a waste of ink and a waste of time...you can't just go around editing letters and numbers to your liking as if you own the place..."oh, ya know what, today I feel like dotting my three's and in place of Q's I'm going to draw Mindy Cohn from the Facts of the Life downing a case mallomars..." And furthermore, why would anyone even make such a reference...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

People that think they are better than me. No one is better than me.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I don't cross my 7s, but I cross my z's.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I got a hockey related one that few people will agree with most likely. The term(or phrase) "run a player" as in "let guys know that it's not OK to run our top guys." It doesn't make sense to me. "Take a run at the guy" makes sense to me, "Run over the goalie" makes sense to me, but "run the goalie" makes absolutely no sense to me. It bothers me a ton. This is probably my greatest pet peeve actually, because I think most of the other things that bother me are things that would bother everyone.
Fulci
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Fulci »

Why do people cross their 7s anyway? It's not like they look like another number. I can understand when you write a Z it can look like a 2 so the cross helps the Z. We should outlaw crossing 7s. I think it's a bit prickish personally.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i cross my sevens--because i write crappy 'curved' sevens. wanna fight about it?
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

I cant stand people who:

1. fidget or shake their leg while sitting down next to me or near me to make the entire row vibrate.
2. loud people
3. drivers who dont use turn signals
4. divers who ride in the passing lane going 10 miles under the speed limit
5. people who make up dumb excuses instead of telling the truth why they cant make it to something or do something.
6. poeple talking during movies
7. people who i dont know who smoke
Fulci
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Fulci »

canaan wrote:i cross my sevens--because i write crappy 'curved' sevens. wanna fight about it?
We can arm wrestle. I don't have the energy to fight.

Prick.

:P
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:I cant stand people who:

1. fidget or shake their leg while sitting down next to me or near me to make the entire row vibrate.
2. loud people

5. people who make up dumb excuses instead of telling the truth why they cant make it to something or do something.
These 3 sound like my wife talking about me.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

- People with English Degrees. It is not my fault that you can't get a job with your degree. I don't care if I use the correct grammar or spelling on a message board. Yes, I want that burger with no mayo and no pickles.

- People who don't put the cart back. If you are too crippled to put the cart back in a parking lot, then just stay home and starve to death.

- Yinzer nation. If no one in the office dresses down, why are you wearing a Steeler's jersey into work 1 week after you start?

- All cell phones that are not made my apple. I should never, and I mean never, have to read something to figure out how to use a cell phone. All cell phone makers other than apple = FAIL.

- Bloggers.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Caps Fans
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Posters named AlexPKeaton.

ZING!
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Here's a fantastic video about d-bags.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

newarenanow wrote:Posters named AlexPKeaton.

ZING!
Your an english major aren't you? :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

AlexPKeaton wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Posters named AlexPKeaton.

ZING!
Your an english major aren't you? :lol:
Nah. I have horrible grammar. I'm a CPA.

I enjoyed your pet peeves though. :lol:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I saw one over the weekend~ tips for people just doing their jobs. Waiters and other service people, I over tip, but the people working at starbucks...no tip from me. :)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i have an english degr.....oh, i see what you did there.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bono.