Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Hossa to DET

Post by steve784 »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Ron` wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:I hear hossa is demanding a trade to return to the pens
No, he wants to be in Atlanta.
He can try as hard as possible, but I don't think even the mighty Marian Hossa could save Atlanta.
I don't know....I bet he's pretty peeved that he's missing out on those sweet Atlanta 3rd jerseys now.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Trying to bump this to 67 pages. Just for charcoals and giggles.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Pitts wrote:Trying to bump this to 67 pages. Just for charcoals and giggles.
Boo. Didn't work.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Pitts wrote:
Pitts wrote:Trying to bump this to 67 pages. Just for charcoals and giggles.
Boo. Didn't work.
Well! That one did!! Woo hoo!
cthulhuchrist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by cthulhuchrist »

One can only hope you will soon be bumping this thing to 100
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Tee hee. The SI cover curse has begun! :twisted:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Man... watching that game reminded me of how much i truly HATE franzen and osgood. Like. really. HATE :evil:
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Pens should have Franzén.

Did you know btw it was Franzén that Forsberg collided with when he broke his hand during the lock out?

God I hate Franzén.

F'ing big beard.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

Hossa is joining Obama's advisery team for less money than McCain offered.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Nizzy »

Hossa to TOR
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Nizzy wrote:Hossa to TOR
O rly?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Satan, Fedotenko, Sydor, Gill coming off the books next year....

I'm just saying.... = O
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

KG wrote:I'm just saying.... = O
What's that I hear?

Gaborik?

:P
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Gaborik or Hossa...I'll compromise for either :D

Seriously...I don't hold a grudge..He want's to come back...Welcome aboard...
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

GAborik to PIT?

wut?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

hossa is coming back.

partaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

Hossa will come back after his dream season is shattered by the Canadians or the Sabres in the playoffs. :(
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Ron` wrote:Hossa will come back after his dream season is shattered by the Canadians or the Sabres in the playoffs. :(
after his leg is shattered
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Ron` wrote:Hossa will come back after his dream season is shattered by the Canadians or the Sabres in the playoffs. :(
after his leg is shattered
fow
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

HOssa so far this year:

SPLIT GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG SPCT PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG ATOI PROD
2008-09 4 0 3 3 3 2 18 0.0 0 3 0 0 0 17:50 23:46

Doesn't track ill will wished upon

:pop:
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Nizzy »

Eismann wrote:HOssa so far this year:
I'd sya usually the more stars you have on a team, the less point production each player will receive. Just because they added Hossa doesn't mean they are actually going to score an addition 40 goals for this year compared to last season.

Maybe it will take them longer to gel. On the flipside you can't just put these mega stars on a team and ask them produce instantly. However Dats and Zetter worked great together, with the big man Holmstrom. I don't know if/why is changing their lines but a Line of Dats/Zetter/Hossa might just not click. They all seem like puck handlers, and a perfect line to me is a set up center, a scoring winger, and a big man crashing the net.

There is no way Hossa will get a higher point production in Det, then he could have had as Crosby's go to guy.

Detroit sucks anyways
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Frickin' HOssa.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Nizzy wrote:I'd sya usually the more stars you have on a team, the less point production each player will receive. Just because they added Hossa doesn't mean they are actually going to score an addition 40 goals for this year compared to last season.
depends. if hossa is on line 1 and PP1, he should score more points. without a doubt. if he doesn't it's because he's sucking. it's like crosby and malkin when they're together. they produce at a rate greater than when they're separated. i think what you're talking about is when there are so many stars that some stars get shifted down to line 2 and/or PP2. that's when your theory plays. otherwise, no. if you have hossa playing with a zetterberg/datsyuk/franzen combo AND getting a lot of power play time. he'll produce big.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

shmenguin wrote:
Nizzy wrote:I'd sya usually the more stars you have on a team, the less point production each player will receive. Just because they added Hossa doesn't mean they are actually going to score an addition 40 goals for this year compared to last season.
depends. if hossa is on line 1 and PP1, he should score more points. without a doubt. if he doesn't it's because he's sucking. it's like crosby and malkin when they're together. they produce at a rate greater than when they're separated. i think what you're talking about is when there are so many stars that some stars get shifted down to line 2 and/or PP2. that's when your theory plays. otherwise, no. if you have hossa playing with a zetterberg/datsyuk/franzen combo AND getting a lot of power play time. he'll produce big.
He was talking about the TEAM itself scoring 40 more goals than last year simply by adding Hossa to the mix. I agree with Nizzy on that point. I have no doubt that Hossa will produce big and that there will be somewhat of a rise in goals scored(as well as assists), but I don't see DET scoring 40 more than last year unless they go on a big streak, something I doubt they are really aiming for in the regular season right now.

Brad
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

brwi wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
He was talking about the TEAM itself scoring 40 more goals than last year simply by adding Hossa to the mix. I agree with Nizzy on that point. I have no doubt that Hossa will produce big and that there will be somewhat of a rise in goals scored(as well as assists), but I don't see DET scoring 40 more than last year unless they go on a big streak, something I doubt they are really aiming for in the regular season right now.

Brad
nizzy's point was in response to hossa's personal stats so far...which kinda implies that the point production argument was about the individual, not the team. i was looking at, "I'd sya usually the more stars you have on a team, the less point production each player will receive". don't know why i included the 2nd sentence. the only point i have is that hossa's point production won't go down just because there are more people around him that can score (unless his level of play goes down)