Jaromir only six points away...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Jaromir only six points away...

Post by Stoosh »

...from equalling the 94-point season that Martin St. Louis had to WIN the scoring title in 2003-04.

Jags has 88 points in 58 games right now. In 2003-04, that would've placed him second in league scoring.

Ahhhh...it's so nice to have regular 100-point scorers back in the NHL.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

It is great to see offense back in the league. It is great for the players to be able to showcase their "skills". If the NHL is smart, it will never return to the hooking/holding/obstruction era. Hockey is so much more enjoyable now than the past several seasons.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

Anybody else notice that stuff is going uncalled already?

Sure, there is less of it since players are getting used to the new standard, but things that happened earlier in the season aren't getting called now, in my opinion.

I hope all isn't forgotten over the Olympic break. After seeing what promises to be some great hockey in the next couple weeks, it would be a shame to see Devils style playoff hockey return in the NHL just a month later.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I agree that the standard had slipped from earlier in the year. It was still at a level better than at anytime in recent years past though. I hope the NHL refs get a chance to review a bunch of things and get back on track.

As a Jagr fan, it is nice to see the "old" Jagr back, even if he is in a Rangers sweater now (though I am kinda diggin' those dark blue LIberty ones). :wink:
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ivand87 »

Seeing Jagr play like the old Jagr again has been bittersweet in a way for me.

BTW, I never really asked why he wanted to be traded in 2001. Jagr wanted to be traded, but why? Were the Penguins not paying him in full or did he want to play elsewhere for his model girlfriend or some other reason? I guess I never asked because it really sucked to see him leave so I didn't wanna know, maybe I was in denial over him wanting to go, and he would have left anyway cuz the Pens couldn't afford him.

But anyway, as troubling as his attitude was sometimes, it would have been nice to be able to keep him around.

But we wouldn't have Crosby if Jagr was still around, so I guess it turned out to be a good thing after all.

I can't be the only one wishing he was still here though. Just imagine Crosby and Jagr together... Oh well.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

Jagr wanted to be traded because he was "Dying alive" here in Pittsburgh.

Oh, and because he has a nasty gambling habit and was in some big debt and owed 3 mil in back taxes... and wanted his big superstar payday... so he could gamble it.

All about the $$$.

But ya, Jagr is looking like the Jagr of old... Good for him.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I've heard Jagr wanted out simply to get out from under Lemieux's shadow in Pittsburgh and to prove he could do it on his own. I just took him 3 years to do it. I'm happy for him, its good to see him having success even if it is with the same team he had here in Pittsburgh! :D
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Jags is an attention hound... you want attention and $$$ you go to NY.

He didn't take the direct route, but he got where he wanted to go.

As a hockey player, I have to admit he deserves respect.

As a person.................. <spits>