WEREWOLF IV GAMEPLAY THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

penscup wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Sucks Kovy is gone. I enjoy my time with him in the village. It won't be as fun.

As for the "expert" WW players, how do you go about playing this game. You b*tch at us for posting, but then say we have to figure out who are wolves instead of randomly picking people off. How the hell do you do that if no one is posting?

There are what, 22 or 23 villagers? 3 wolves. Unless you are a wolf, you are uninformed, and have nothing to base anything off of early. And the "experts" go around in circles. You say you have to try to pull things out of people, but then when someone posts, you say you should shut up and hide.

I don't understand how the last time the villagers won, and it was just "luck". Yeah, the first pick or two were, but by the end, a lot of people were convinced I think it was jaysmitter was the last wolf.

You are not going to pick off 3 wolves in a row at the very beginning.

I'm playing how I always play. If the wolves are nervous, eat me. If the "experts" don't like it, then lynch me. I can give a crap less because this is supposed to be fun, everyone has different methods, and sitting around doing absolutely nothing is completely boring.

Done with my rant.
Don't be scared timid villager who just wants to stay alive to stay in the game and therefore stays quiet for fear of getting lynched. Learn from my lynching those that were hot to lynch someone for the hell of it. You gotta put 2 and 2 together even if it means you go down too at the end of the day, otherwise the village is not smart enough to overcome their own stupidity and distrust of one another. With the seer gone so early and the vigilante running around without a clue the 3 wolves are cruising at this point.
Dude, I was voting for you based on past experiences in the game. There were two games where one wolf over analyzed everything, and when they got a vote, became very, very defensive.

You have to think things out, but so far, there is usually a quiet wolf, one that talks a lot, and one in betweener. But there are usually 2 or 3 quiet villagers, 2 or 3 talkative ones, and 10 betweeners. So early in the game, it is a crap shoot. At least IMO.

And very classy again calling everyone idiots.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

I didnt vote to lynch penscup but after all his classy posts i am sad I didnt even if he is a villager
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

sdm5055 wrote:I didnt vote to lynch penscup but after all his classy posts i am sad I didnt even if he is a villager
I think this is the first villager I'm pretty happy to have voted out.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:I didnt vote to lynch penscup but after all his classy posts i am sad I didnt even if he is a villager
I think this is the first villager I'm pretty happy to have voted out.
same here
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Troy Loney wrote:I don't think we should lynch penscup for speaking out, i don't think the wolves are trying to draw attention to themselves. He's asking people to think more about the lynchings.

lynch senka
I'm changing my vote lynch penscup

Stop calling everyone idiots...it's a freaking game
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

newarenanow wrote:
A few werewolves analyzed every post, and every lynching the last few games. They use the same strategy to try to push someone towards voting a villager.

Everything is pretty random in this game, especially at the beginning.

Plus, I have never seen a person go about being voted out the way you have. Calling everyone idiots. We know as much as you. Classy.
Notice though I wasn't pushing anyone except for that original list of 8 though which is all we had to go on at that point. Senka and the Picklestabber certainly didn't want any discussion though, so I'd have them high on the possible werewolf list as a result. Why did he want me gone so quick instead of thinking things through? He wasn't even on that list but he jumped at the chance to lynch me ASAP, and then didn't even try and explain himself. Thats classis werewolf.

I can feel the noose tightening.......gettting hard to breath......
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

penscup wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
A few werewolves analyzed every post, and every lynching the last few games. They use the same strategy to try to push someone towards voting a villager.

Everything is pretty random in this game, especially at the beginning.

Plus, I have never seen a person go about being voted out the way you have. Calling everyone idiots. We know as much as you. Classy.
Notice though I wasn't pushing anyone except for that original list of 8 though which is all we had to go on at that point. Senka and the Picklestabber certainly didn't want any discussion though, so I'd have them high on the possible werewolf list as a result. Why did he want me gone so quick instead of thinking things through? He wasn't even on that list but he jumped at the chance to lynch me ASAP, and then didn't even try and explain himself. Thats classis werewolf.

I can feel the noose tightening.......gettting hard to breath......
You're dead. Leave.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Troy Loney wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I don't think we should lynch penscup for speaking out, i don't think the wolves are trying to draw attention to themselves. He's asking people to think more about the lynchings.

lynch senka
I'm changing my vote lynch penscup

Stop calling everyone idiots...it's a freaking game
I've already been lynched man, its too late to jump on this bandwagon, but nice try. Don't take this game too personally. If you want to refer to me as the village idiot after rambling on here, it won't hurt my feelings, as long as the village starts thinking for themselves instead of acting like a bunch of "you know whats."
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

penscup wrote:Don't take this game too personally.
You need to take your own advice
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:
Exactly.

I probably would have thought things out more, but his rants and calling everyone an idiot, it convinced me to vote whether he was a villager or not.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

instead oflynching him I say we...

hang, draw, and quarter penscup
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
Exactly.

I probably would have thought things out more, but his rants and calling everyone an idiot, it convinced me to vote whether he was a villager or not.
Man, you guys have some thin skin. Maybe I should've used the word "fag" like Juice did in his original writeup (as a joke) which has now been removed. Guess that would've been better.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
Exactly.

agree, I think overall he didn't make bad points about thinking things out a little more. Pretty much as a village we've been way to quick to jump on a bandwagon in every game but when you have someone call everybody an idiot it becomes an easy vote imo. It's pretty much impossible to even try and have a rational conversation among villagers to come up with a solid vote if you have someone like that just jumping in and spouting off
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

penscup wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
Exactly.

Man, you guys have some thin skin. Maybe I should've used the word "fag" like Juice did in his original writeup (as a joke) which has now been removed. Guess that would've been better.
No, just show a little respect. Everyone else does.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
Exactly.

agree, I think overall he didn't make bad points about thinking things out a little more. Pretty much as a village we've been way to quick to jump on a bandwagon in every game but when you have someone call everybody an idiot it becomes an easy vote imo. It's pretty much impossible to even try and have a rational conversation among villagers to come up with a solid vote if you have someone like that just jumping in and spouting off
I don't think he made bad points at all.

Each game has been different. That is all I'm going on. And until you are about 1/2 of the way through, it is difficult because it is very random.

And I will definitley speak for myself, I'm impatient when it comes to this, especially at first when there are a lot of people. It takes forever to get 10 or 11 votes, and there is nothing to base anything on. And then it takes a whole other day to get the role players to PM the mod.

Maybe I shouldn't play anymore, or maybe you guys should vote me out at the beginning, because I just base the beginning off of randomness and try to get things moving.

Plus, everyone is relatively new at this still, there are going to be mistakes.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
Exactly.

Each game has been different. That is all I'm going on. And until you are about 1/2 of the way through, it is difficult because it is very random.

And I will definitley speak for myself, I'm impatient when it comes to this, especially at first when there are a lot of people. It takes forever to get 10 or 11 votes, and there is nothing to base anything on. And then it takes a whole other day to get the role players to PM the mod.

Maybe I shouldn't play anymore, or maybe you guys should vote me out at the beginning, because I just base the beginning off of randomness and try to get things moving.

Noooooo! NAN, you can't not play anymore! That would be insanity! I'm just as impatient... just not quite as verbal about it.

Maybe we should play a version of werewolf with like 8 people and 1 wolf... all us crazy posters, who ignore their jobs to play. :lol:

Just kidding.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

IrishEyes wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
beerman wrote: You need to take your own advice
Exactly.

Noooooo! NAN, you can't not play anymore! That would be insanity! I'm just as impatient... just not quite as verbal about it.

Maybe we should play a version of werewolf with like 8 people and 1 wolf... all us crazy posters, who ignore their jobs to play. :lol:

Just kidding.
I was hoping that this time we would scale things back a bit...or use timed days...but, whatever...it's still fun, right?

right?!?!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

canaan wrote:I just wanna tell you how Im feeling

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
:lol: If that song is stuck in my head all day... I'm coming after you, Canaan!
mumbobob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by mumbobob »

canaan wrote:I just wanna tell you how Im feeling

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Really, the all text Rick roll? This seems like something that would have happened in the old bulletin board days ...
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

writeup coming
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Were we cannon-ed rolled?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

sorry, i had to do it. i watched the balki roll last night and had dreams about it--literally. and i've been singing it all morning. i had to spread the disease.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Is that NAN?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

LOL. omg that is awesome.