WW III OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Dan H wrote:Did you munch Juice just because his analysis hit way too close to home, or did you figure out he was the vigilante?
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

LeopardLetang wrote:so you're in for WWIV
If yinz all weren't so hardcore about wanting people to check the forums constantly all day every day, I'd be in. As it is, I'm afraid I'd slow the game by only checking in a couple times per day. Looks like a fun game, though. ;)
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Sorry...I was gone for awhile after my last post...

NAN...to answer your question...the alphabet thing was intentional and it was to try and screw somebody if need be. Kind of my ace in the hole, though, it didn't work, obviously.

Yes, I got thrown into a crap situation...but, man...after being a bystander for game 1, dead early in game 2, and now being very active in game 3, I'm not sure I like this game. Yeah, it's cool...but, it's super frustrating. There's no happy medium in this game. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Canaan talked about how no one wants to work together as a team, but a player can't throw out any theories without getting lynched or eaten. You can't be too quiet or you get lynched. And, after every night, it is always an uphill battle for one of two people: The first person thrown out to get lynched, or the first person who throws out the lynch vote. And since no one really wants to talk things out combined with the "majority vote and out" rule, it gets really frustrating because as soon as a name gets thrown out...people jump on it and that's it. A lot of the times, there's no defense, there's nothing.

I'm not saying this because I lost...I had no expectations of winning, considering that when I was brought into wolfdom, I was essentially the only one remaining. The best I could have hoped for was a stalemate, or for people to lynch NAN (which, would be impossible since, again...I couldn't bring up any theories without immediately being suspect.). It just gets really frustrating, that, for the most part, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Thoughts?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmitter,

I can definitely see what you are saying. It does get frustrating. It is very difficult at the beginning of the game, because you really have nothing to base anything on. So a name is thrown out, and you are correct, it just roles from there. And if the person throws out the "wrong name" that person is now on the block.

I was the angel, and once the seer was dead, I only protected myself, so I didn't ahve to worry about the wolves. But when you don't ahve that protection, it is very frustrating because you have no control.

When your name is thrown out to be lynched, you at least have a chance to talk your way out of it.

It's fun though. I would love to mod it one time just to see how people think and react when you know all the answers.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

See I love not knowing whats going on and just basically listening to what people have to say to determine their roles. Thats not to say its not more fun being the wolf or god and watching everyone discuss it while you know their roles though.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Idoit40fans wrote:See I love not knowing whats going on and just basically listening to what people have to say to determine their roles. Thats not to say its not more fun being the wolf or god and watching everyone discuss it while you know their roles though.
That's my argument, though...after the game was up, I asked Canaan what I did that was so obvious...and he said "You brought up theories."

And NAN said that I "defended myself too much when my name was brought up."

Neither of these make sense to me. Why wouldn't I defend myself? And what fun is the game if no one brings up theories because they immediately get put on the chopping block for doing so?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Idoit40fans wrote:See I love not knowing whats going on and just basically listening to what people have to say to determine their roles. Thats not to say its not more fun being the wolf or god and watching everyone discuss it while you know their roles though.
I'm just saying I want to see it one time as a mod.

My favorite time playing was the second game when I was just a villager. You had nothing to lose, and got to sit back and try to figure everything out.