Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:I don't know what all is wrong with your bladder
Gallstones. Basically, I can't eat anything fatty, too spicy, dairy, animal protein is bad too, etc.. Or I can get a pain attack so bad, it is described to be worse than childbirth. And it can be fatal if the gallbladder raptures or if the pancreas gets infected.

5 attacks so far.
Legitimately is there a high success rate regarding a full recovery or is this basically a touch and go thing?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Last werewolf thread was 53 pages, I think gdt's have gone over 60 a few times.
You, Sarcastic and I are the latenight lets go pens crew. It's all good and it kills time! :wink:
Starting next Monday I may be here more for a couple of weeks. Look what they're gonna do to me. It's gross.

http://www.hgriggs.com/gallbladder.html

Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. And angry. The good Lord put the thing in me and it should stay in there.
I honestly and truly wish you a safe and speedy recovery. I don't know what all is wrong with your bladder but if it helps save your life or helps you live a more normal life then by all means get it done. I'll definitely keep positive thoughts and say a prayer for you.
After you get it done though you should be able to eat normally right?
Yes. That's what all the doctors and nurses and people who had it done tell me.

It is actually the most widely performed surgery in the US and relatively safe.

I'll be fine, I just never imagined myself getting anything like this done. Been 100% healthy all my life.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:Legitimately is there a high success rate regarding a full recovery or is this basically a touch and go thing?
Safe. Success rate 99%.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:You, Sarcastic and I are the latenight lets go pens crew. It's all good and it kills time! :wink:
Starting next Monday I may be here more for a couple of weeks. Look what they're gonna do to me. It's gross.

http://www.hgriggs.com/gallbladder.html

Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. And angry. The good Lord put the thing in me and it should stay in there.
I honestly and truly wish you a safe and speedy recovery. I don't know what all is wrong with your bladder but if it helps save your life or helps you live a more normal life then by all means get it done. I'll definitely keep positive thoughts and say a prayer for you.
After you get it done though you should be able to eat normally right?
Yes. That's what all the doctors and nurses and people who had it done tell me.

It is actually the most widely performed surgery in the US and relatively safe.

I'll be fine, I just never imagined myself getting anything like this done. Been 100% healthy all my life.
Thats good to hear. You unfortunately suffer a bit now but the great news is you'll improve the quality of the comfort and of your life Significantly. Ofcourse we will still me missing Hossa. Sorry, had to throw that in. :wink:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I originally was experiencing acid reflux and thought that's all it was, but after being on meds for about a year, it was still happening, so they started poking around and doing all the tests. Everything else turns out is fine and it's been all caused by the gallstones. All my stomach problems... indigestion, constipation, intolerance to certain foods, etc..
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

OK, back to Hossa. :D
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Well actually I have to add: Good luck with everything and have a quick and good(? that sounds wrong) recovery.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

complete. thats what i was looking for. My location is in effect tonight, sorry.

Now, back to Hossa.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:I originally was experiencing acid reflux and thought that's all it was, but after being on meds for about a year, it was still happening, so they started poking around and doing all the tests. Everything else turns out is fine and it's been all caused by the gallstones. All my stomach problems... indigestion, constipation, intolerance to certain foods, etc..
I had a medical issue and took care of it. I was glad I did and have felt much better since. It's best to get it done and stop the pain which I am glad to hear you are doing. My ailment wasnt as major as yours but was nagging nonetheless. Sort of like the nagging losing Hossa feeling I have. :(
Last edited by crzymike on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

OK - would you feel better about this whole thing if we somehow got Gaborik or J-Bo from Florida?
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:OK - would you feel better about this whole thing if we somehow got Gaborik or J-Bo from Florida?
It would help yes. It also depends on the price though. We got Hossa for marginal players IMO.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Gaborik needs to pull something awesome off after this season and decide to play in Pittsburgh for around $5 million. Or Hossa could do the same...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

You guys would take Hossa back after the season? I don't think I would... I wanna see him....... not do well this year, lol.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:You guys would take Hossa back after the season? I don't think I would... I wanna see him....... not do well this year, lol.
I don't think I'd take him back either. I just think he's a talent that will me missed here. If Gaborik came, I could live with that however. :)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'd take Hossa back in a second. I don't need loyalty if he's willing to give everything he has while he is here.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

You know what WOULD sting me, though? If Hossa takes $7m or so from the wings, long-term. It'd be like a girl dumping you for another guy or something. :lol:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:I'd take Hossa back in a second. I don't need loyalty if he's willing to give everything he has while he is here.
The thing is if the Pens beat Detroit my guess would be he'd either have stayed or went to EDM for big money. For his talent I'd love to for him to be here. For the choice he made (which is understandable but from a Pen's perspective very regrettable) I wouldn't think RS wants him here. I 'd have to pass on him. :(
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Idoit40fans wrote:I'd take Hossa back in a second. I don't need loyalty if he's willing to give everything he has while he is here.
See, that's the thing. I'm not sure if a guy like this can be counted on to give all he's got. If he's not emotionally involved with the team, with the group of guys, etc.. He played great during the playoffs, but I wonder if it was all just about him. I don't know how to explain it. I want players who bleed black and gold, not just come here to collect a paycheck.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

You should see the last few pages of the werewolf thread, its absurd.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:You know what WOULD sting me, though? If Hossa takes $7m or so from the wings, long-term. It'd be like a girl dumping you for another guy or something. :lol:
Exactly. He stated that it was close between us and the wings. It's like taking the head Cheerleader over the girl right behind her, from our perspective, kind of hard to take..
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

crzymike wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:You know what WOULD sting me, though? If Hossa takes $7m or so from the wings, long-term. It'd be like a girl dumping you for another guy or something. :lol:
Exactly. He stated that it was close between us and the wings. It's like taking the head Cheerleader over the girl right behind her, from our perspective, kind of hard to take..
Bad analogy, i'd want to make it with them both too
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Idoit40fans wrote:You should see the last few pages of the werewolf thread, its absurd.
I'll do tomorrow. I wanna go to sleep soon. I did read the first few pages of the first thread... weird. Not sure I get it...... kind of reminds me of a game some of my friends used to play.... this fantasy role playing game on chat. But not goofy, they were serious, with good writing skills and all.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
+1

Maybe they even have one other friend. 3 girls and one guy sounds good.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
The problem is though, it's an either or situation. You couldn't have both.