Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Isn't Hossa going to be 30 soon? It was going to be a 7 year deal. I wonder how he's going to hold up. I'm sure he has a few more great years, but do wonder why he had such a crappy season last year. Even with the Pens, he was not putting enough pucks in the net for all the chances he was getting. He got the points, but you know what I mean. Of course, his defense was probably the best I've seen here since Francis.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:Isn't Hossa going to be 30 soon? It was going to be a 7 year deal. I wonder how he's going to hold up. I'm sure he has a few more great years, but do wonder why he had such a crappy season last year. Even with the Pens, he was not putting enough pucks in the net for all the chances he was getting. He got the points, but you know what I mean. Of course, his defense was probably the best I've seen here since Francis.
Playing with Sid or Geno could only elevate and enhance his offensive productivity. Defensively he likely would have done the same for any linemate he played with. He did pretty well offensively in the playoffs though and certainly wasn't just getting tap in goals (other then one I believe). He created for himself.

Now he's gone. :cry:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Wow this thread hit the big "33"!

I'm thinking Rolling Rock!
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Isn't Hossa going to be 30 soon? It was going to be a 7 year deal. I wonder how he's going to hold up. I'm sure he has a few more great years, but do wonder why he had such a crappy season last year. Even with the Pens, he was not putting enough pucks in the net for all the chances he was getting. He got the points, but you know what I mean. Of course, his defense was probably the best I've seen here since Francis.
Playing with Sid or Geno could only elevate and enhance his offensive productivity. Defensively he likely would have done the same for any linemate he played with. He did pretty well offensively in the playoffs though and certainly wasn't just getting tap in goals (other then one I believe). He created for himself.

You need a hug, man. Go to your wife and tell her you need to cuddle. :(
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

The Francis analogy really works here. He wasn't considered our first or second best player but he was part of the glue and quality depth that would help propell this team forward. If the guy was here for three and a half years I wonder if more people would care he's gone. To me it's the same thing as it pertains to losing a quality player.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:

You need a hug, man. Go to your wife and tell her you need to cuddle. :(
She's in Stockholm visiting her family so I can't. :(
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

crzymike wrote:The Francis analogy really works here. He wasn't considered our first or second best player but he was part of the glue and quality depth that would help propell this team forward. If the guy was here for three and a half years I wonder if more people would care he's gone. To me it's the same thing as it pertains to losing a quality player.
I would. Thats exactly the point though, he was here for 3 months, no reason to be that attached.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:The Francis analogy really works here. He wasn't considered our first or second best player but he was part of the glue and quality depth that would help propell this team forward. If the guy was here for three and a half years I wonder if more people would care he's gone. To me it's the same thing as it pertains to losing a quality player.
I would. Thats exactly the point though, he was here for 3 months, no reason to be that attached.
I am looking at it from a perspective of pure talent and potential contributions. Just because he was here for a matter of months doesnt mean the loss is easier to take from my point of view. Players like him don't obviously come around much. We may feel worse due to the fact he was part of the Pittsburgh family and fabric for longer (3 and a half years). The loss however as far as his abilities is really the same.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
I am looking at it from a perspective of pure talent and potential contributions. Just because he was here for a matter of months doesnt mean the loss is easier to take from my point of view. Players like him don't obviously come around much. We may feel worse due to the fact he was part of the Pittsburgh family and fabric for longer (3 and a half years). The loss however as far as his abilities is really the same.
Yeah but losing talent isn't generally what bothers people, its the emotional attachment being broke that bothers them. Otherwise no one would have cared about Armstrong leaving. Given I didn't care about Armstrong leaving, so I guess i'm some kind of hybrid that only really cares about players that have been around for a while and are better than dime a dozen.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:The loss however as far as his abilities is really the same.
Well, that's true. But like I said, he's almost 30. Plus, he has two bad knees. I do have a question mark about him. How is he going to be 3 or 4 years from now? Worth such a huge contract?
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:The loss however as far as his abilities is really the same.
Well, that's true. But like I said, he's almost 30. Plus, he has two bad knees. I do have a question mark about him. How is he going to be 3 or 4 years from now? Worth such a huge contract?
Thats true we don't know but I'd rather take that chance over a guy like Satan.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Since ownership was willing to offer him such a lucrative deal though that tells me they could have afforded it. With cost certainty for nearly every key component it was definitely in their plans.
Free Candy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Free Candy »

OFF TOPIC QUESTION BELOW!

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know or remember what the longest thread ever was? This one is getting pretty large.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Last werewolf thread was 53 pages, I think gdt's have gone over 60 a few times.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Well over 60, theres one right now in NHR thats longer.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:Last werewolf thread was 53 pages, I think gdt's have gone over 60 a few times.
You, Sarcastic and I are the latenight lets go pens crew. It's all good and it kills time! :wink:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Hahaha, yeah its funny that there is always someone around here to have a discussion with if there is something to discuss.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Last werewolf thread was 53 pages, I think gdt's have gone over 60 a few times.
You, Sarcastic and I are the latenight lets go pens crew. It's all good and it kills time! :wink:
Starting next Monday I may be here more for a couple of weeks. Look what they're gonna do to me. It's gross.

http://www.hgriggs.com/gallbladder.html

Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. And angry. The good Lord put the thing in me and it should stay in there.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:Hahaha, yeah its funny that there is always someone around here to have a discussion with if there is something to discuss.
Even if there isn't anything to discuss we can find something. :D
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Hahaha, yeah its funny that there is always someone around here to have a discussion with if there is something to discuss.
This is a good example of that scenario.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Starting next Monday I may be here more for a couple of weeks. Look what they're gonna do to me. It's gross.

Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. And angry. The good Lord put the thing in me and it should stay in there.
I honestly and truly wish you a safe and speedy recovery. I don't know what all is wrong with your bladder but if it helps save your life or helps you live a more normal life then by all means get it done. I'll definitely keep positive thoughts and say a prayer for you.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Oh, and hopefully I won't get the symptom he got as a result.... there's only a very small chance of that happening. Normally people are completely fine after that. Sh*t, I haven't been able to eat a pizza in over a year. Or a hamburger. I have 30+ pounds to gain back. I'm starving.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
This is a good example of that scenario.
Pretty much. :wink:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:I don't know what all is wrong with your bladder
Gallstones. Basically, I can't eat anything fatty, too spicy, dairy, animal protein is bad too, etc.. Or I can get a pain attack so bad, it is described to be worse than childbirth. And it can be fatal if the gallbladder raptures or if the pancreas gets infected.

5 attacks so far.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

crzymike wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
crzymike wrote:

I honestly and truly wish you a safe and speedy recovery. I don't know what all is wrong with your bladder but if it helps save your life or helps you live a more normal life then by all means get it done. I'll definitely keep positive thoughts and say a prayer for you.
After you get it done though you should be able to eat normally right?