Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I hope this thread dies soon. I can't believe it is still going.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

newarenanow wrote:I hope this thread dies soon. I can't believe it is still going.
I still agree with littlemoonbot's post a couple pages back - this thread is horrible but yet it's strangely amusing.

Maybe because I didn't really want Hossa to sign here long-term so I wasn't really "hurt" that he didn't but this thread doesn't really bother me. Though the "tampering" discussion is pretty funny.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bh »

Well, since it looks like the thread I asked this question in has been axed, I figure I'll just re-post it here since people seem to like to keep this thread going. Does anybody know when training camp starts? Thank you.
lgpen30f987
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by lgpen30f987 »

bh wrote:Well, since it looks like the thread I asked this question in has been axed, I figure I'll just re-post it here since people seem to like to keep this thread going. Does anybody know when training camp starts? Thank you.
i believe september 16th
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

bh wrote:Well, since it looks like the thread I asked this question in has been axed, I figure I'll just re-post it here since people seem to like to keep this thread going. Does anybody know when training camp starts? Thank you.
I believe it's the second week of September. Don't hold me to that but it's what I remembering hearing somewhere.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

wallflower wrote:
I believe it's the second week of September. Don't hold me to that but it's what I remembering hearing somewhere.
9-17-08~ with playing till june, penguin players hiding out till the very last moment.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

This thread is what science is all about. The love, the deception, the thrills, the chills, it's all there for us to see. Let the fun continue on! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

newarenanow wrote:I hope this thread dies soon. I can't believe it is still going.
This thread is the best thing since the invention of the wheel.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Pitts wrote:
This thread is the best thing since the invention of the wheel.
No question about it.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Do you guys really want this thread to go? I find it amusing, and you all should probably be used to it by now. It just wouldn't be LGP without "Hossa to Detroit" at the top of the threads.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

This thread steamrolls over all!
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

This thread is tampering with the board stats.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Ron` wrote:This thread is tampering with the board stats.
Well done! :D
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

crzymike wrote:I have had to accept he's gone but it's not easy.
You know, I have this image of you in my head sitting in a chair with a printed Hossa photo just staring at it while listening to something like this:

(love the Angels by the way, just.... you get my point!)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Sarcastic wrote:
You know, I have this image of you in my head sitting in a chair with a printed Hossa photo just staring at it while listening to something like this:

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Seriously... Mike's obsessed with the guy. I've been over the a-hole since maybe day 3. Plus, I actually do think it's good for the long run. I don't think Hossa is the kind of guy I'd want as part of my core. Mike needs to find a way to let it go... :)
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

Hossa plays hockey like a girl.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

farnham16 wrote:Hossa plays hockey like a girl.
He's plays like a very talented girl then. :)
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

I love that lol :D
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

There you are...
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Sarcastic wrote:Seriously... Mike's obsessed with the guy. I've been over the a-hole since maybe day 3. Plus, I actually do think it's good for the long run. I don't think Hossa is the kind of guy I'd want as part of my core. Mike needs to find a way to let it go... :)
This is the honest truth. When Hossa came to Pittsburgh via the trade I was very happy but still somewhat skeptical. I definitely knew he was an upgrade but didn't know to what degree. He very much IMPRESSED me with his playoff performance! His relentless backchecking, His diving play to keep the pp in position to score a goal which shortly therafter the team converted, his OT goal against the Rangers to win the series, his magnificent goal against philly, He indeed caught FIRE!!

Goin into the Playoffs I believed Malkin and Crosby would be the main catalysts regarding this teams success. While both made a good account of themselves, truth be told, I really thought Hossa was our best player. I honestly didnt expect that to happen. He easily exceeded any expectations I had regarding his contributions to the team. Thats why it's so difficult to lose a player of that skillset and level. That was defintely one of the greatest all around playoff performances by a Penguin I have ever seen (or any team for that manner). An I have seen a lot of them.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Hossa did about what I expected from him when he came in. And he would be very valuable as part of the core, I just think that if they locked him up beyond this season they would have been screwed. I'd rather have Letang + Orpik + a few good scorers than Hossa. That said, he has been my second favorite player in the game since Ottawa, and nothing has changed that.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:Hossa did about what I expected from him when he came in. And he would be very valuable as part of the core, I just think that if they locked him up beyond this season they would have been screwed. I'd rather have Letang + Orpik + a few good scorers than Hossa. That said, he has been my second favorite player in the game since Ottawa, and nothing has changed that.
I saw what Ron Francis was able to do here come playoff time. While they are different players their contributions to the team were similar. Lemieux and Jagr were the two main guys during the second cup( Jagr and Francis when Mario was out due to graves wicked slash :evil: ). I think thats how I look at it. He'd be as valuable as Francis was to that team. Hossa has a lot more to prove then just one great playoff run but IF he could duplicate that feat he's certainly up there no question.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Its definitely easy to compare Hossa to Francis, especially on that pens team we had this past season. Francis was my favorite player, and Hossa has to be the closest thing to him around today. Of course he isn't a center, but he plays great defense(albeit in a different way) and puts up monster numbers. Thats probably why I like him so much.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Idoit40fans wrote:Its definitely easy to compare Hossa to Francis, especially on that pens team we had this past season. Francis was my favorite player, and Hossa has to be the closest thing to him around today. Of course he isn't a center, but he plays great defense(albeit in a different way) and puts up monster numbers. Thats probably why I like him so much.
Exactly, which is why this is so hard to take.