Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

July 28, The Sporting News: Craig Custance: Were there any hard feelings when Marian Hossa picked Detroit over Pittsburgh in free agency?
Ray Shero: No. Going all the way back to when we did the trade at the deadline, we never felt we'd be in the position to consider re-signing him. Both him and Pascal Dupuis were unrestricted free agents. It was a really good fit for both sides, but at the end for whatever reason, he liked the one-year deal in Detroit. From our standpoint, we moved on right away. Marian came in and did a good job for us, and I don't want to forget that. He gave everything he had to try and win us a Stanley Cup. It's a business and he made a business decision. Time will tell. The moment i got off the phone with him on July 2, we were moving on.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Member wrote:Image
:wink:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

Hey, mods, can you delete this thread? It is like rubbing salt in the wound to open up the Pens board every day and see Hossa to Det stare you right in the eye. Please, please, for my sanity, just get rid of it.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Mad City Mike wrote:Hey, mods, can you delete this thread? It is like rubbing salt in the wound to open up the Pens board every day and see Hossa to Det stare you right in the eye. Please, please, for my sanity, just get rid of it.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah ... Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive ...

Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah ... Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive ...

Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah ... Stayin' Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Mad City Mike wrote:Hey, mods, can you delete this thread? It is like rubbing salt in the wound to open up the Pens board every day and see Hossa to Det stare you right in the eye. Please, please, for my sanity, just get rid of it.
I don't even see any meaning in the thread title anymore, its just so annoying that its still here.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Well, I've notice a peculiar tendency for threads to get either locked or deleted after I've anagrammed something in them. So.....

Those Toads

You can thank me now or later.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Jesse wrote:Image
Now it is a good juju thread!
:wink:

once the pens start coming back to the city, introduce their new
players, alternate jersey, and break ground on new igloo...
this thread will fade.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Idoit40fans wrote:
I don't even see any meaning in the thread title anymore, its just so annoying that its still here.
It needs to remain active until the Pens smite the mighty Detroit Wheel from the playoffs forevermore!
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Jesse »

Pitts wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
It needs to remain active until the Pens smite the mighty Detroit Wheel from the playoffs forevermore!
HENCEFORTH TWAS WRITTEN BY SIR PITTS, SO IT SHALL COME TO PASS.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Eismann wrote:Well, I've notice a peculiar tendency for threads to get either locked or deleted after I've anagrammed something in them. So.....

Those Toads

Hossa To Det? :)

Brad
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Jesse wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
HENCEFORTH TWAS WRITTEN BY SIR PITTS, SO IT SHALL COME TO PASS.
Aye ... verily!
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

brwi wrote:
Eismann wrote:Well, I've notice a peculiar tendency for threads to get either locked or deleted after I've anagrammed something in them. So.....

Those Toads

Hossa To Det? :)

Brad
8-)
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

The thread of truth continues to flourish! Hossa!!!!!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Hossa, Hossa, Hossa, Oh where o where did you gossa?
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

I'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread but how's this for interesting.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/07 ... _wdfn.html

Wojnowski: And you mentioned, when the Pittsburgh series, you mentioned Marian Hossa, and he was very dangerous in that series against the Red Wings, and then the Wings really just swiped him, really, for one year, $7.4 million, other teams were offering longer-term and what not, how big and how surprising of an addition is Marian Hossa to the Red Wings, do you think?

Bowman: Well, I can tell you, Bob, is that, even prior to the deadline, when he was a free agent, and everybody's always trying to keep up with everybody else, and there was a lot of big talk about you know, free agent, Sundin was one, would Toronto trade him, and Hossa was there, but the guy that probably knows the most about Hossa is Jimmy Nill, because he was involved with Ottawa when Hossa was drafted, and then Hossa went out West, and Mike Babcock knows a lot about him, too, because Mike told me after the handshake, after the last game, he said to Hossa, you know, "Why don't you come to Detroit," and he said the response he got from Hossa was, he said, "I like Detroit!"
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

I wish Mario would have signed with the Rangers or Flyers a few years back because that thread would probably still be up and I'd rather see that than this thread.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Bowser wrote:I'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread but how's this for interesting.

Wojnowski: And you mentioned, when the Pittsburgh series, you mentioned Marian Hossa, and he was very dangerous in that series against the Red Wings, and then the Wings really just swiped him, really, for one year, $7.4 million, other teams were offering longer-term and what not, how big and how surprising of an addition is Marian Hossa to the Red Wings, do you think?

Bowman: Well, I can tell you, Bob, is that, even prior to the deadline, when he was a free agent, and everybody's always trying to keep up with everybody else, and there was a lot of big talk about you know, free agent, Sundin was one, would Toronto trade him, and Hossa was there, but the guy that probably knows the most about Hossa is Jimmy Nill, because he was involved with Ottawa when Hossa was drafted, and then Hossa went out West, and Mike Babcock knows a lot about him, too, because Mike told me after the handshake, after the last game, he said to Hossa, you know, "Why don't you come to Detroit," and he said the response he got from Hossa was, he said, "I like Detroit!"
Nobody likes Detroit. Hossa is a liar.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Bowser wrote:I'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread but how's this for interesting.

That sounds a bit like tampering to me. If that's true that really makes this whole thing reek that much more. I lost a lot of respect for the Wings organization . Until July 1st he was Pens property. :evil:
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

crzymike wrote: I lost a lot of respect for the Wings organization . Until July 1st he was Pens property. :evil:
Sounds like sour grapes to me...
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

The Joker wrote:
crzymike wrote: I lost a lot of respect for the Wings organization . Until July 1st he was Pens property. :evil:
Sounds like sour grapes to me...
Sounds like Tampering to me which by the way is an illegal maneuver in the NHL.
Last edited by crzymike on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

If Hossa actually said to Babcock right after game 6 that he likes Detriot than hes the biggest POS ever.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

farnham16 wrote:If Hossa actually said to Babcock right after game 6 that he likes Detriot than hes the biggest POS ever.
If Babcock stated that ''you should come to Detroit'' to Hossa he isn't far behind in that regard. I agree with you though.