Classic werewolf game rules and guidelines

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Classic werewolf game rules and guidelines

Post by Juice »

Thanks to Bigred from flopturnriver.com for the rules.
Please read these rules completely before asking any questions.
I will start a sign-up thread, and an official game thread once the game is scheduled to start.

All roles will be randomly generated using http://www.random.org/lists/
There will be two teams consisting of werewolves (4) and villagers (20) to start. Among the villagers will be three secret roles which will be: Seer, Angel, and Vigilante. The villagers will win if they kill all 4 werewolves, and the werewolves win if the number of werewolves is greater than or equal to the number of villagers. This will be done through two repeating phases: night and day

PHASES:

NIGHT: During the night, the werewolves will secretly vote and agree upon a villager that they wish to kill. The seer will consult the gods(Juice) of the identity of one player. The angel will choose to protect one player. The vigilante will choose to kill someone if the vigilante chooses to do so if the vigilante has a silver bullet.

DAY: During the day, all villagers (which includes werewolves, angel, seer, vigilante, and normal villagers) will debate in the thread about who to lynch. Player's official votes will be announced in yellow text, discussion in regular text. Players may change votes whenever inclined to do so but once a majority vote occurs, a villager will be hanged. The villager's true identity will then be revealed.

ROLES:

WERWOLVES: Will agree during night phase of who they wish to eat. The Alphawolf must send pm to Juice when decision is reached.

SEER: Will consult the gods (Juice) each night of another player's identity.

ANGEL: Will choose to protect a player each night by sending a pm to Juice. The player the Angel chooses (it can choose itself) cannot be killed by werewolves or the vigilante if chosen by werewolves or vigilante on that given night.

VIGILANTE: The vigilante will be given a silver bullet every 2 nights. When the player chooses to use these bullets is up to the player. The vigilante, however, can only shoot one other player per night. Ex: Vigilante will receive silver bullets on day 2,4,6...etc but can choose to use them on days 3,5,6 if player chooses to do so. However, vigilante can not choose 3,5,5. Only one kill per night.

READ THIS SECTION. IT IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY RULES.
-Guidelines and ethics:
-First and foremost, it is really important that everyone follow all of the rules and guidelines. I am not a moderator so I cannot enforce any of these rules, but they are crucial to the game being as fun as it can be.
-No afterlife thread (no not even in the "hidden" test forum), waaah I know it's fun but it often contains unfair open information to those playing the game.
-There is to be no Werewolf talk in the LGP Chat, as it is not viewable by everyone at all times.
-Only werewolves may talk in private.All other discussion must be in this thread and open to the everyone. IE: Seer cannot contact a person who seer is sure of is not a werewolf and discuss strategy, etc.
-Once you are dead, you are no longer allowed to post in thread for any reason whatsoever especially to give up secret information you may know.
-Don't make an afterlife thread, seriously.
-DO NOT EDIT POSTS. You are encouraged to thoroughly think through what you want others to see. If you change your mind, please create a new post. IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE A VOTE, UNLYNCH THEPLAYER in blue, then repost your new vote in yellow.
I would like to ask non-players to yield from posting in this thread or deterring game, if you have a question about the game, or how to get in the next one, ask me I will tell you
-Lastly, this is a game. We're here to have fun. Let's play the game out until the end and make sure we're respectful of others.

IF YOU ARE SOMEONE THAT READS THIS AND THINKS "Wow that looks like fun, but I don't really get it." NOBODY DOES UNTIL THEY START PLAYING. JUST SIGN UP AND GOGOGO.
Last edited by Juice on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

blackatom = juice, btw. this is gonna be fun.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

canaan wrote:blackatom = juice, btw. this is gonna be fun.
gracias... edited
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

If I understood at all what was going on, I'd be in. Hopefully I can get an important role and mess things up.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

bhaw wrote:If I understood at all what was going on, I'd be in. Hopefully I can get an important role and mess things up.
it's really fun, you'll get it once you start playing
lots of deception, lies and all that good stuff
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Juice wrote:lies
bhaw is a funnier, more intelligent version of joopen.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

canaan wrote:
Juice wrote:lies
bhaw is a funnier, more intelligent version of joopen.
WOOOOO!

Wait... that was a burn...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Juice wrote:
bhaw wrote:If I understood at all what was going on, I'd be in. Hopefully I can get an important role and mess things up.
sounds like a reality show. as long as we don't all end up sleeping with each other, sounds good to me.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

bhaw wrote:
Juice wrote:
sounds like a reality show. as long as we all end up sleeping with each other, sounds good to me.
sicko
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ossa »

Is this Mafia but with werewolves?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Ossa wrote:Is this Mafia but with werewolves?
essentially yes
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

If only this were a zombie game...
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

nocera wrote:If only this were a zombie game...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hey, are we supposed to be talking about lynching someone today, or does that start tomorrow since the day is almost over?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:Hey, are we supposed to be talking about lynching someone today, or does that start tomorrow since the day is almost over?
"day" and "night" dont change until the game progresses to a certain stage. its not as literal as the outdoors (from my understanding).

it is night now. the werewolves should be pm'ing each other on who they want to vote on as their first victim. the angel should pm juice with who they want to protect and the seer should be pming juice for research, if im not mistaken.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Hey, are we supposed to be talking about lynching someone today, or does that start tomorrow since the day is almost over?
"day" and "night" dont change until the game progresses to a certain stage. its not as literal as the outdoors (from my understanding).

it is night now. the werewolves should be pm'ing each other on who they want to vote on as their first victim. the angel should pm juice with who they want to protect and the seer should be pming juice for research, if im not mistaken.
Got it.

Do the werewolves, seer, angel, villagers, etc change during the game, or are they a constant?
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

newarenanow wrote:
canaan wrote:

Got it.

Do the werewolves, seer, angel, villagers, etc change during the game, or are they a constant?
I think they are consistant
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Juicy Juice:

1. What happens if there's a tie in the voting for who gets lynched?
2. When does voting close? Does everyone have to vote? Do we have to hit a majority? Or is there a time limit?
3. When th angel protects someone, is it just from the warewolf, or would they be protected from lynchings?
4. We all know NAN is a warewolf.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote: 4. We all know NAN is a warewolf.
:evil:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

bhaw wrote:Juicy Juice:

1. What happens if there's a tie in the voting for who gets lynched?
2. When does voting close? Does everyone have to vote? Do we have to hit a majority? Or is there a time limit?
3. When th angel protects someone, is it just from the warewolf, or would they be protected from lynchings?
4. We all know NAN is a warewolf.
1. I made a mistake on the first day.. it should be 10 to lynch oops!
2. Voting closes when someone is lynched. Only enough votes have to be cast for someone to be lynched. Yes, see my mistake on day 1. No time limit but it usually gets done in a resonable time.
3. The angel only can only protect someone including itself at night from getting eaten by the werewolves... the angel cannot protect anyone even itself from being lynched
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

So okay... if for instance the seer, the angel, or the vigilante is lynched early in the game, are their roles redistributed, or is there simply no more seer/angel/vigilante?

Just curious... it certainly doesn't mean anything...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

...their roles are NOT re-distributed, thus making the wolves stronger.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

canaan wrote:...their roles are NOT re-distributed, thus making the wolves stronger.
typical werewolf talk canaan...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bhaw wrote:
canaan wrote:...their roles are NOT re-distributed, thus making the wolves stronger.
typical werewolf talk canaan...
LOL
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

So in a case like we have now where someone reaches the necessary votes... if they haven't officially been lynched, can they still lobby for votes? Or is it once you hit the number, it's instant?