Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

skullman80 wrote:I have no ill feelings towards Hossa at all.

I'll still love watching the guy play and root for him unless he's playing the Pens.
Why? I don't root for any players that don't play for the pens. Hossa a great player and their have been many great players that I have watched but I have never rooted for them. I only root for the pens and the players on the team. Its about the jersey to me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

doublem wrote:

I'll still love watching the guy play and root for him unless he's playing the Pens.
Why? I don't root for any players that don't play for the pens. Hossa a great player and their have been many great players that I have watched but I have never rooted for them. I only root for the pens and the players on the team. Its about the jersey to me.
Well I root for tons of players outside of the penguins. I'm sure I could name a player on every team that I love to watch. I guess I just enjoy seeing good hockey. My favorite player hasn't been a penguin since Francis left.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Idoit40fans wrote:
doublem wrote:

Well I root for tons of players outside of the penguins. I'm sure I could name a player on every team that I love to watch. I guess I just enjoy seeing good hockey. My favorite player hasn't been a penguin since Francis left.
I like watching good hockey as well but I dont root for other players. I just dont know how I could it would be like rooting against the pens. I like watching Vinny and St Louis but I dont root for them. Great talents but thats about all.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

doublem wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
doublem wrote:

I like watching good hockey as well but I dont root for other players. I just dont know how I could it would be like rooting against the pens. I like watching Vinny and St Louis but I dont root for them. Great talents but thats about all.
I think you're in the minority there then. There can't be very many people that refuse to root for other team's players and even fewer that see it as rooting against their favorite team.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Idoit40fans wrote:
doublem wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
doublem wrote:

I think you're in the minority there then. There can't be very many people that refuse to root for other team's players and even fewer that see it as rooting against their favorite team.
Probably, I am. i dont really care. I really dont root for players that much at all. I want all the players on the pens to do well. Lemieux, Crosby, MAF. I root for the team as a whole, the Win and Loses is what I care about.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

doublem wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
doublem wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
doublem wrote: Why? I don't root for any players that don't play for the pens. Hossa a great player and their have been many great players that I have watched but I have never rooted for them. I only root for the pens and the players on the team. Its about the jersey to me.
Probably, I am. i dont really care. I really dont root for players that much at all. I want all the players on the pens to do well. Lemieux, Crosby, MAF. I root for the team as a whole, the Win and Loses is what I care about.
Yeah, thats exactly how it is for the pens, and why i specifically said that i root for individuals on other teams. I don't root for other teams - well in some cases, I do - I root for players.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

doublem wrote:

I like watching great hockey. For example I love watching Ovechkin play, I am probably one of his biggest fans.

I won't ever root for a player/team to do well against the Pens, but I will root for players on other teams that I like to play well. I don't see the big deal.

THe Pens will always be #1 to me, but I like watching great hockey players no matter what team they are on.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

skullman80 wrote:
doublem wrote:

I like watching great hockey. For example I love watching Ovechkin play, I am probably one of his biggest fans.

I won't ever root for a player/team to do well against the Pens, but I will root for players on other teams that I like to play well. I don't see the big deal.

THe Pens will always be #1 to me, but I like watching great hockey players no matter what team they are on.
When I think of rooting I think of "team" that's why its hard for me to get into rooting for a player. When I watch a game of the caps/canes for example no matter how great Ovie plays it doesn't really make me root for him. I respect him and other great athletes but thats about it.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Listening to what RS had to say this evening you could tell how much reverence he had for Hossa and how important he thought he'd be by mentioning on sportsbeat that he wanted him to be a ''core member'' on the team. Obviously he saw his tremendous value, so to just act as if it's no big deal is like sweeping a substantial void under the rug. He also said Satan can't replace him. No matter how people sugarcoat it or slice it, it's a bitter pill to swallow.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Okay, since my "I WILL NO LONGER POST IN THIS THREAD" thing obviously didn't work -- if you guys are keeping this alive to provide some kind of weird fan motivation haterade juju thingamajig or whatever for next season, you're doing a good job.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

crzymike wrote:Listening to what RS had to say this evening you could tell how much reverence he had for Hossa and how important he thought he'd be by mentioning on sportsbeat that he wanted him to be a ''core member'' on the team. Obviously he saw his tremendous value, so to just act as if it's no big deal is like sweeping a substantial void under the rug. He also said Satan can't replace him. No matter how people sugarcoat it or slice it, it's a bitter pill to swallow.
I'm not at home, was Ray Shero on with STan today?

From when Ray was talking about the core, when Evgeni/Brooks
signed he said very little about Hossa.
No, I can't see Ray Shero saying "bitter pill to swallow."
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

penny lane wrote:
crzymike wrote:Listening to what RS had to say this evening you could tell how much reverence he had for Hossa and how important he thought he'd be by mentioning on sportsbeat that he wanted him to be a ''core member'' on the team. Obviously he saw his tremendous value, so to just act as if it's no big deal is like sweeping a substantial void under the rug. He also said Satan can't replace him. No matter how people sugarcoat it or slice it, it's a bitter pill to swallow.
I'm not at home, was Ray Shero on with STan today?

From when Ray was talking about the core, when Evgeni/Brooks
signed he said very little about Hossa.
No, I can't see Ray Shero saying "bitter pill to swallow."
RS didnt say ''bitter pill to swallow'' (I did), but he did say he intended to make him a ''core member'' of this team. He also said Satan can't be expected to fill that void. Apparently Marian called RS himself and told him he was moving in a different direction. If people want to act like him leaving is no big deal thats fine, I obviously don't agree and see it as a severe set back. Not fatal mind you, but severe.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Biff83 wrote:Enough about Hossa, we all have had plenty of time to vent, he's an idiot, and we need this thread to go away!!!!
He's a talented player who brought a lot to this team and is now gone. A die hard Pens fan isn't likely to just ''get over that''. For me anyway it's more about disappointment then hate at this point. I realize how good he was and he's not a replaceable commodity.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

crzymike wrote:
Biff83 wrote:Enough about Hossa, we all have had plenty of time to vent, he's an idiot, and we need this thread to go away!!!!
He's a talented player who brought a lot to this team and is now gone. A die hard Pens fan isn't likely to just ''get over that''. For me anyway it's more about disappointment then hate at this point. I realize how good he was and he's not a replaceable commodity.
You are one of the few that are disappointed. Most seem to think he is sub-human for going to Detroit.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

To all the people that are sick of this thread here is a simple solution, avoid it.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

people need to suck it up. srsly.

i hope that some people realize that life existed B.H.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

This thread is still goin on, wow! :wink:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

It's still amazing that we can't get over the fact that he's gone. I thought it might take a week, I was wrong. The mourning of this loss continues. Marian and the Wings will invade Pittsburgh on my birthday, I'll be there with bells on! Dinga linga linga linga ling (that's what she said). I sincerely hope the Bell tolls for Hossa and the wings on that blessed day.
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SteelCityFan »

I could have dealt with Hoss going anywhere....except the Detroit Dead Things. Even though some time has passed it still hurts like a sumanbeetch. Booo that no good bastich! Booo him I say!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Biff83 wrote:
SteelCityFan wrote:I could have dealt with Hoss going anywhere....except the Detroit Dead Things. Even though some time has passed it still hurts like a sumanbeetch. Booo that no good bastich! Booo him I say!

Yeah I think alot of us would have totally accepted him taking the 90 million Edmonton threw at him, and said thanks for the memories. It's just the fact he chooses the team that defeated our beloved Penguins that makes this so hard. It's like him telling us were not good enough for him. It hurts pretty darn bad and he will be hated among our fans here.
The combination of him leaving us AND Detroit gaining his services, really makes it difficult to take. In order for us to compete with that team we have to hope for a minor miracle
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I wish Marian a "bobby holik ranger years" to him.
:P
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Quality movie.

I have FEED ME A STRAY CAT, on th eback of my ipod, and its my sig on almost every placce i can have a sig.