Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

littlemoonboot wrote:He's on Facebook?
How else do you think he preys on free candy victims? Just the van? C'mon. This isn't the 80s.
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by guiner »

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08189/895332-125.stm

All the questions are about Hossa leaving and some of the responses Molinari gives are hilarious.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I hate facebook but I'm about to open an account so I can be Orpik's friend!
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Biff83 wrote:It's funny while lurking on the Wings site's how they say that their almighty owners would have never made that trade for Hossa and give up army ect, how Hossa wanted to be a wing, never wanted to be a pen, how Mario held the city hostage to get the arena, these wings fans are a bunch of idiots! Oh and they are calling Sid a whiner, and MT.
If we wanted to know what they were thinking, wouldn't we be going over there ourselves? I'm just sayin'. :) Agreed, a lot of those people are stupid and act like arrogant ******. The Wings have some of their own fans to thank for the fact that I no longer like them. I hope karma gives them all a real good kick in the ass.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by SoupOrSam »

Hossa who?
clover11

Post by clover11 »

SoupOrSam wrote:Hossa who?
Marcel Hossa, who else??
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

brwi wrote:
LdubsRoot23 wrote:
Samsdog wrote:
LdubsRoot23 wrote:
Samsdog wrote:With Osgood in net, Detroit is a gamble. Short of him failing, I can't imagine a scenario not involving injury that leads to Detroit not repeating, but I still think that with the way he was starting to mesh with Sid he was the missing link here. Time will tell which team was the right one.
He's an elite winger, there is no reason he won't mesh just as easily with Zetterberg/Datsyuk or whoever...
Agreed, I think he'll fit well with Datsyuk, I just think he might have been the scale tipper here. Now he just makes the wings as close to invulnerable as a capped team can get if they get goaltending from CO
With their D...and their unbelievably talented two way forwards...Osgood shouldn't really ever have to stand on his head.
exactly, and he doesn't have to. No matter who the wings put in net, you have to get to him with quality chances, something the Wings give you very few of because they control the puck and game so well.

What is incredible about the Wings is that they just won a Cup and aren't losing anyone, having to give huge raises out, and actually manage to acquire Hossa. Talk about an exceptionally well-run franchise and the payoff for it.

Anyway, the 1993 Pens and 2007 Patriots are great lessons in what can happen to the anointed on their way to the coronation, but there's no doubt the Wings were already great and are now even better.

Brad
The huge raises come next season I believe. Hence the one year offer to Hossa.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

JS© wrote:just keep in mind this season:

(no photoshopping involved)
He must be talking about a different Marian Hossa because Orpik would be gone had the Penguins signed Hossa.
PensBeerGeek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PensBeerGeek »

JS© wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:I actually don't look down on Bourque for going to the Avs. Bruins were in a bad spot and Bourque paid his dues for years and was almost done with his career. For the most part, Boston fans were happy for him. Deion always really did annoy me, though.
JS© wrote:just keep in mind this season:

(no photoshopping involved)
LOL WUT

He's on Facebook? OMG I want to be his friend. I'd be afraid to make the request though, because if he turned it down I'd be crushed.
He added me within 10 minutes, so I doubt he's shoot you down.

Whitney and Staal are also on, and are listed in Orpik's friends.
I had Colby Armstrong as a Facebook buddy, and it seemed pretty legit (his notes were basically to ask people not to beg for tickets or sticks, which seemed fairly reasonable), but he just up and quit one day. So, at least NHL players do have Facebook accounts.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I think we need to all get over Hossa.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Yes, let it go people.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

I can see it now. Hossa with a season ending injury in training camp.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Daniel87 wrote:I can see it now. Hossa with a season ending injury in training camp.
And me laughing for the entire season. I'm sure it will send me right to...
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

I'm over it and ready to move on.

Hossa does not matter to me now, because Brooks Orpik is my friend.
clover11

Post by clover11 »

traitor, backstabber, scum of the earth, Benedict Arnold...

okay now that I have that out of my system I'm over it :lol Plus Orpik is my favorite player so I'm happy Hossa left now because it means Orpik stayed :D
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I read he plans on wearing #81...irony reigns.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

To put a capper on this thread, let's go to a special edition of Inside Penguins Hockey where they discuss the loss of Hossa and the effect it has had on the fans.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

nocera wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Marian-Hossa-pens-j ... .m14.l1318

It's cheap. Just sayin...
Think you can take the numbers off easily?
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Agreed, people do need get over Hossa.

Plus if we signed Hossa long-term, I doubt we'd have money for Staal.

And for the long-term, I'd take Staal over Hossa since Staal will be in his prime in a few years, where-a-ways Hossa would be near retirement.
Collider
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Collider »

EDIT: From Pensblog, of course. Credited to "Rick M".
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Biff83 wrote:
Igloo wrote:Agreed, people do need get over Hossa.

And for the long-term, I'd take Staal over Hossa since Staal will be in his prime in a few years, where-a-ways Hossa would be near retirement.

You play to win now, thats why they made the trade in the first place to get Hossa. As good as Satan, and Fedo are they arent a Marian Hossa, this was a big loss for the Pens organization, hopefully they can make another deal near the trade deadline to help their chance to win the cup, what they have now is still good enough to win the east, but to win the cup you need that guy like Hossa.
I agree that this team is good enough to win now, and you have to take that approach, but you also don't mortgage the long term viability of the team.

I don't see a big trade occurring this year like last year. The salaries of our key players are a lot higher now than last year with Orpik, Fluery, and Crosby making more money (signifcantly more). We are going to have restrictions with the cap.
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shane613 »

newarenanow wrote:
Biff83 wrote:

You play to win now, thats why they made the trade in the first place to get Hossa. As good as Satan, and Fedo are they arent a Marian Hossa, this was a big loss for the Pens organization, hopefully they can make another deal near the trade deadline to help their chance to win the cup, what they have now is still good enough to win the east, but to win the cup you need that guy like Hossa.
I agree that this team is good enough to win now, and you have to take that approach, but you also don't mortgage the long term viability of the team.

I don't see a big trade occurring this year like last year. The salaries of our key players are a lot higher now than last year with Orpik, Fluery, and Crosby making more money (signifcantly more). We are going to have restrictions with the cap.
did you consider colby and christensen, 2 underachieving third liners and esposito, an unproven minor leaguer as the long term viability of the team?

i sure hope not
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shane613 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Biff83 wrote:

did you consider colby and christensen, 2 underachieving third liners and esposito, an unproven minor leaguer as the long term viability of the team?

i sure hope not
No, but name me players the Pens have that they can package together to get a return like Hossa. Kennedy, Talbot, Gologoski, and a pick? That is what you are going to have to do, and I wouldn't want to trade those guys. Plus, you start running out of picks, so you do not replenish your prospects and minor league system.

That, and the salary cap is why I don't see a blockbuster trade like that happening again in the near future.