Gretzky cleared.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Gretzky cleared.

Post by saveourpens »

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154510&hubname=nhl
Didn't see this posted. Great news, considering all the negative publicity our sport has been recieving lately.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

So this means that Wayne had no idea that his wife spending his money?

Wayne is either the most clueless man to live, or the smartest, most clever, and has covered his tracks perfectly by using Janet.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Am I a bad hockey fan because I was hoping that Wayne's image would have been tarnished a bit, propelling more talk about Mario being the greatest one of all-time?
Jan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jan »

Not a bad hockey fan, but you are a bad PERSON. :D Have to admit to feeling a little twinge of the same thing but like you at least I know it's wrong. That's better than rationalizing and making excuses.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

I dont think this gambling thing would have tarnished his playing career anyways.

But if you believe Gretz didnt know about his wife and the gambling thing, I got some used lottery tickets I wanna sell ya.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

What about the report that Gretz wanted Tocchet to keep janet from being "implicated". I take this as basically Wayne saying to Tocchet, "hey throw yourself under the bus, but take care of my wife, I don't want any bad press over this".
jmh70

Post by jmh70 »

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Wayne is either the most clueless man to live, or the smartest, most clever, and has covered his tracks perfectly by using Janet.
People cover Gretzky's tracks for him. There's no way he didn't know about this, but there's also no way that he was ever going to face charges.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by kovyman1127 »

Nah....I think Gretzky "knows" in his heart of hearts that Mario was "more talented"....but I think he also knows that, since Mario never was consitently healthy, that they will never know if he would/could have broke his records.

I used to hate Gretzky...espcially in his 1990 bio getting his dig in that Mario smokes cigs (to try to insinuate that Mario wasn't dedicated).

But, I've really grown to respect and admire Gretzky...and I really don't feel anything bad at Gretzky....at all anymore. He's one of the classiest guys ever in the sporting world.