Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

doublem wrote:I just dont understand Hossa's logical if he stays with the pens for the contract they offered him he makes a good pay day and still has a chance to win a cup, many cups. He wants a cup but oblivious wants more money because that difference between the pens offer and the wings wasnt that much.
This team is going to win the cup within the next 5 years. It's too talented NOT to. The fact that they almost made it this year is actually pretty amazing. With Crosby and Malkin a year older and with a long playoff run under their belts, they're poised to break out and be very dominate.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

JarkkoVision wrote:Obviously he didn't want to be in Pittsburgh for 7 years.
Because he cares more about money than winning and that why he took the wings one year offer, so he can make a huge payday next year.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I thought the offer was for 5?
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Kicksave wrote:
doublem wrote:I just dont understand Hossa's logical if he stays with the pens for the contract they offered him he makes a good pay day and still has a chance to win a cup, many cups. He wants a cup but oblivious wants more money because that difference between the pens offer and the wings wasnt that much.
This team is going to win the cup within the next 5 years. It's too talented NOT to. The fact that they almost made it this year is actually pretty amazing. With Crosby and Malkin a year older and with a long playoff run under their belts, they're poised to break out and be very dominate.
That's what i mean, the young pens took the older wings to the ropes when their best players are under 24. I hope its the pens that deliver the final blow to hossa's dream idea.
ekoostik9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ekoostik9 »

He is gone. End of story. Lets move on
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

André wrote:
PenguinHockeyFanatic wrote:I'm offended that he thinks he has a better shot at winning the Cup there then here.
You're offended he thought the intact cup winning team is the best team?
I'm not offended at his decision. I'm offended at how he went about doing it, stringing us along to the very end....and then some. I just wished he would have been more honest and up front about it.
PenguinHockeyFanatic

Post by PenguinHockeyFanatic »

doublem wrote:
Because he cares more about money than winning and that why he took the wings one year offer, so he can make a huge payday next year.
I suspect he might return to the RSL after he wins a Cup, especially if all he wants is the money after next season. that's the only way a 1 year deal makes any sense.

But if he doesn't win the Cup, he might sign a long term deal here in the NHL. Sweet Christ on the Cross, I am praying to you right now, please, please help my Pens get further into the playoffs then Hossa's team next season. PLEASE!!!

Thank you.
PenguinHockeyFanatic

littlemoonboot wrote:
André wrote:
PenguinHockeyFanatic wrote:I'm offended that he thinks he has a better shot at winning the Cup there then here.
You're offended he thought the intact cup winning team is the best team?
I'm not offended at his decision. I'm offended at how he went about doing it, stringing us along to the very end....and then some. I just wished he would have been more honest and up front about it.
Yeah that too, it's almost like he tried to sabotaged the Pens because they waited on him instead of picking up a Ryder for instance. What a complete JERK! Why didn't he say one year deal from the get go? He is doing Detroit this huge favor because they have to re-up Zetterberg, I just hate that player.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Kicksave wrote:
I thought the offer was for 5?
I know there's a lot of rumors around but I had heard that Shero had offered him 5, 6, and 7 year deals, because he supposedly wanted a long term deal and Shero was trying to accommodate that. But I guess Hossa was just holding out for Detroit the whole time... or something. :?
Jimmy Straka

Post by Jimmy Straka »

If the Pens beat detroit in the finals next year, does hossa sign a one year contract with the Penguins?
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

he's going to get his best chance to win a cup with detroit next year and THEN he can sign for 9 million per year with a dumbass team like edmonton.

anyone who doesn't think the wings have the best chance to win next year is insane. they are far and away the favorite they have lost nothing and gained hossa
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

knives of ice wrote:he's going to get his best chance to win a cup with detroit next year and THEN he can sign for 9 million per year with a dumbass team like edmonton.

anyone who doesn't think the wings have the best chance to win next year is insane. they are far and away the favorite they have lost nothing and gained hossa
We shall see what should happen doesnt always happen but they should be the faves.
WildKaper
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by WildKaper »

I say we give him the Tommy Maddox treatment and throw trash on his lawn. Who is with me!
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Agreed, while things DO happen during the season, the Wings will be heavily favored, if they weren't already. Stanley Cup hangover and memories of the stacked, fat and happy Penguins of 93 being upset (hence reminding me that those kinds of things are possible) are my only consolation.

PenguinHockeyFanatic

knives of ice wrote:he's going to get his best chance to win a cup with detroit next year and THEN he can sign for 9 million per year with a dumbass team like edmonton.

Sure they are looking like the favs, and rightfully so. But anything can happen, they lose a Lidstrom and a Datsyuk and who knows. Not every team has the character that the Pens showed last season to overcome injuries.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

penny lane wrote:how the deal got done

http://www.redwingscentral.com/redwings ... 5447314665
Hossa wants a long-term relationship, eh? Well, he passed on that. Next year, he'll be whoring himself to the highest bidder, Cup or not. Detroit isn't stupid enough to pass on either Zetterberg or Franzen to keep Hossa.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

My question is, what exactly did Hossa lie about?
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by HockeyDaddy »

I am hoping for some significant injuries to the Wings lineup. :twisted:
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by JarkkoVision »

I think I might have to take rubbing alcohol to my Hossa autographed puck, make room for another autograph on it, and keep the 2 dollars I would have spent on another puck to get signed.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

It's interesting that Winter approached the Wings yesterday, because somewhere i read that Shero is miffed because he had still been hearing from Hossa all along that he still had the Pens at the top of his list. I guess not.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cs6687 »

We Want The CUP! wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:It's interesting that Winter approached the Wings yesterday, because somewhere i read that Shero is miffed because he had still been hearing from Hossa all along that he still had the Pens at the top of his list. I guess not.
LOVE IT!
Winter's pissed because Shero's offer was the best one for Hossa and he knew it. Winter got his panties in a bunch because Shero was right.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

I wanted Hossa to stay (well, most days), but if he was dishonest in the process, I'm glad he's gone. I'm sure the story will come out eventually. The Wings can have him.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Absolutely a great signing for the Wings, unfortunately. They were already the favorites, they are going to have the closest thing to an all star team next season - one that plays/practices together all year.

A big risk for Hossa too. He's not going to see 9 million dollar offers as a 30 year old coming off a serious injury (if that happens)...But then again, if that happens, then the Wings may be able to sign him beyond next season...
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Steve wrote:

Absolutely a great signing for the Wings, unfortunately. They were already the favorites, they are going to have the closest thing to an all star team next season - one that plays/practices together all year.

A big risk for Hossa too. He's not going to see 9 million dollar offers as a 30 year old coming off a serious injury (if that happens)...But then again, if that happens, then the Wings may be able to sign him beyond next season...
After next year, Wings have to sign Zetterberg. And a legitimate goaltender.