Todd Richards visits WBS

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Todd Richards visits WBS

Post by Jim »

Some quotes form various people:

Richards on WBS Penguins: "They are what a lot of the other organizations in this league strive to be – an organization that is committed to winning and putting a solid product out on the ice every year. You have to give credit there to the Pittsburgh Penguins as well... This is a much different set-up than I am used to...â€￾

That's more than just an ego stroke. Apparently after years of faultering the Penguins have finally gotten their farm league into line.

Richards on Terrian in Pittsbugh: "The whole thing about being affiliated with the Pittsburgh organization is that you have to work with them, developing their players, teaching them here and getting them ready to take that step up to Pittsburgh. We need to teach down here so when they do go up to Michel in Pittsburgh, they are ready to play.â€￾

Having the AHL guys play the same style, or very close style to the NHL team will work great. It will be nice knowing that a guy that comes up to fill in for injury or whatever will be able to step right in and know what he has to do.

Fletcher on WBS depth: “We’ve discussed potentially taking four or five players from another NHL organization. We feel we’ve made solid progress there. I’d like to come to camp with anywhere between 25 and 28 players at this level. Obviously, there will be competition that way and if we run into injuries, we’ll have great depth."

This is in reference to NON-Pittsburgh prospects playing in WBS. I do feel that this is bad in the aspect that you are basically helping other NHL teams get better... but if you look at WBS as it's own entity, it will help them. They will get a few better players and therefore the team will be better (more successful. The other aspect of this is that with extra talent and depth in WBS, it should mean better players going to Wheeling too.

I like it that everyone seems so passionate about this year. Shero, Fletcher, Therrian, Richards, the new players... They only people we have not heard form are the folks in Wheeling. As they are the only remaining members of the "old watch"... think there is a connection there?
Ian

Post by Ian »

sweet
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I think the lack of talk from/about Wheeling stems mostly from the fact the Wheeling is not a direct pipeline to the NHL club. The majority of players in Wheeling are not Pittburgh Penguin prospects, and the ones that are aren't looked at that highly, at least not while they are there.