Oilers Prospects May Play in WBS this year

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
MrKnowNothing

Oilers Prospects May Play in WBS this year

Post by MrKnowNothing »

As we were discussing in the other thread on Connor James, this is the mystery news jb was talking about.

http://citizensvoice.com/site/news.cfm? ... 4260&rfi=6

This could mean that Schremp and Pouliot become major players for Wilkes Barre, because there should be an opporunity for them to get good minutes to develop here.

I would also think it would be advantageous for the Oilers because we are an opposite conference team who would really have no reason to treat their players poorly and just generally aren't much of a threat to them right now.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Oilers Prospects May Play in WBS this year

Post by DelPen »

MrKnowNothing wrote:As we were discussing in the other thread on Connor James, this is the mystery news jb was talking about.

http://citizensvoice.com/site/news.cfm? ... 4260&rfi=6

This could mean that Schremp and Pouliot become major players for Wilkes Barre, because there should be an opporunity for them to get good minutes to develop here.

I would also think it would be advantageous for the Oilers because we are an opposite conference team who would really have no reason to treat their players poorly and just generally aren't much of a threat to them right now.
It's all fun until those guys take ice time from our guys. But luckily for Oilers we have no top line quality forwards in the AHL this year.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Oilers Prospects May Play in WBS this year

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

DelPen wrote:
It's all fun until those guys take ice time from our guys. But luckily for Oilers we have no top line quality forwards in the AHL this year.

I think that is the reason the Pens are considering this deal.

I wonder if the Pens contacted Edmonton or Edmonton contacted the Pens. My feeling is that it was the later.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

As a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, I don't like this news. I don't care if we don't have top line talent in our minor leaguers, I'd still want guys like Stone and Filewich and Christensen (if he doesn't make the big team) to get top line minutes. This should be great for WBS fans, though. That's like hitting the jackpot.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Henry Hank wrote:As a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, I don't like this news. I don't care if we don't have top line talent in our minor leaguers, I'd still want guys like Stone and Filewich and Christensen (if he doesn't make the big team) to get top line minutes. This should be great for WBS fans, though. That's like hitting the jackpot.
The flipside to that is that often, playing with better players makes you better. A guy like Filewich for example, could benefit from playing with a guy like Pouliot or Schremp.
Ian

Post by Ian »

im looking for John Connor