Super Bowl officiating -- biggest travesty of all time!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DanThePensFan

Super Bowl officiating -- biggest travesty of all time!

Post by DanThePensFan »

It's quite clear who the refs wanted to win. Let me break it down for you:

1) Late in the 1st half. Heath Miller gets called for a soft, soft, SOFT offensive pass interference penalty. Sure, he put out his arms and pushed off, but this is THE SUPER BOWL. Come on. You can't call that.

2) 4th quarter. Jerramy Stevens CLEARLY catches the ball, is hit by Hope, and fumbles. Yet the zebras somehow call it incomplete. A disgrace. String them up.

3) After a pick, the guys running the clock DON'T START IT. The CLOCK IS STOPPED. Sure, they put 6 seconds back up, but still. I know it's a factual issue and the right call was made in the end after review, but still. Clear bias. Would have cost da Stillers the game... in an alternate universe... the one in my head.

4) The worst one of all. After Roethlisberger throws the pick and the Birds are running it back, he is BLATANTLY blocked in the back, front and center of the screen, right there for the whole world to see. Somehow, the striped shirts decide not to call it. They must have been flustered by being away from home and not in Seattle. That would have put the Birds somewhere at mid-field instead of at the 20, from where they went on to score a TD. What would have obviously happened was they would have started from the 50, thrown a pick, and da Stillers would have returned it for a TD the other way.

I think there should be a Congressional investigation into this blatant match-fixing by the refs. Holmgren clearly paid them off, so that Stephen Alexander could have a nice end to his career....... year that he had, after winning the MVP and all. We all know that's the real reason he was so upset -- they couldn't deliver what he paid them for (the Lombardi Trophy), no matter how hard they tried.

It was tough enough playing the Seahawks (or would have been, had they showed up), but I'm sure da Stillers never imagined they'd have to play the guys in the striped shirts too.

They should be called the "Stealhawks" because they tried to steal this one. I'm clever.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Good work! I completely agree.
DanThePensFan

Post by DanThePensFan »

You know what I hate? Just reading a headline and thinking that I have the gist of the story... then realizing that the article didn't say what I thought it did and being called on it.

:lol:
DanThePensFan

Post by DanThePensFan »

Dewey defeated Truman? Was this after he bombed Pearl Harbor?
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jjwags »

I for one think you should sent this to all of the seattle media.
DanThePensFan

Post by DanThePensFan »

PensInAz wrote:I hope you are trying to be witty. ;-)
Nope, I never TRY to be witty... it just comes naturally...

Like John Madden... I'm sure he doesn't go into a game TRYING to sound like a braindead version of Rainman, but it's just a gift he has.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

DanThePensFan wrote:
PensInAz wrote:I hope you are trying to be witty. ;-)
Nope, I never TRY to be witty... it just comes naturally...

Like John Madden... I'm sure he doesn't go into a game TRYING to sound like a braindead version of Rainman, but it's just a gift he has.
I laughed out loud on that one. Great description of Madden.