Pittsnogle or Gray !!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Pittsnogle or Gray !!!

Post by FuturePens »

Being a Pitt student, I have to admit that I'am a huge Panthers fan also. I'am so glad that Pittsnogle was not a Panther killer tonight, in fact he had one of his worst shooting performance in a while.
Many people say he has a shot at the NBA, in my opinion, he does not. A NBA caliber guy does not have night like tonight, he had 0 points in a foulout performance against Pitt. Aaron Gray played great defense and after last season, to be honest, I would have never expected that I would say this, but he has a great chance of being drafted next year if he keeps up his paste.
evey22

Hail to PITT

Post by evey22 »

Gray played great, esp on D-fence. I am a season ticket holder and was so happy to beat the hoopies. We played the best D of the year tonight. If we don't have 19 turnovers we would have won by 20. We play them again however, and road Big East wins are tough to come by. I can't imagine shutting out Pittslobber again but it sure was nice tonight. He may have the NBA shot but not NBA moves. He may be able to be a change of pace power forward in the NBA but Definately not a center. I would hate to see what Shaq or Duncan would do to him in the post. Gray may have a shot if he can get faster, he gets taken off the dribble too easy away from the hoop, even by big men who are not that fast. he definately has the body for the NBA, he has decent range and is a good post defender. Worth a look by someone if he keeps improving.

Next time I think this topic belongs on the non hockey related board though.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

goo! gray is way too clumsy sometimes and makes errant passes or it takes him tries under the hoop after gettinig the rebounds......but he did improve on defense
prez41
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by prez41 »

Someone needs to tell Gray he is 7 feet tall and is allowed to dunk a basketball. He leads the Big East in rebounding because he gets all of his boards off of his missed bunnies. Very frustrating. However, he played a hell of a game defensively last night. I didn't think he would be able to stay with Pittsnogle. Big win for Pitt. Hopefully, they can do it again in a couple of weeks in Motown.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

FYI

Post by Mad City Mike »

There is an NPR forum for stuff like this.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Gray and Pitt didn't shut the Pittsnogle and the Mountaineers down as much as they Mountaineers just played lousy ball.

What makes the Mountaineers so successful is that they draw out the opposing team with the 3's, but then they go to the 'back door' and slide along the baseline for the easy two's. The 'Eers shot very few 2-point jumpers.

last night the 'Eers very vewry rarely made the cuts to the backdoor. The cuts were there, Pitt came out and pressured them at the 3-point arc, but the 'Eers didn't take advantage of that like they normally do.

Kudo's to Pitt for playing a great game last night