Forum Questions for RJ

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Forum Questions for RJ

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

Admin, 2 questions for ya....

#1, since everyone seems to use the game day forum almost as a chat room, wanting to skim through topics quickly, rather than read the whole board, through a thread, is there anything available through the software that you use for the board to do this? For that matter, does anyone else know a free chat that we'd all be able to use during game peak times?

#2, what's the deal with the chinese (?) lettering in some of the ads at the tops of pages that go to some random google search thing? Probably a random load thing that you have no control or say over. Just curious if anyone knows what it's supposed to be.

Thank ya!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Questions for RJ

Post by Admin »

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:#1, since everyone seems to use the game day forum almost as a chat room, wanting to skim through topics quickly, rather than read the whole board, through a thread, is there anything available through the software that you use for the board to do this? For that matter, does anyone else know a free chat that we'd all be able to use during game peak times?
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Do you want a game-thread only forum?
Vanbiesbrouck wrote:#2, what's the deal with the chinese (?) lettering in some of the ads at the tops of pages that go to some random google search thing? Probably a random load thing that you have no control or say over. Just curious if anyone knows what it's supposed to be.
Google is supposed to deliver content-relevant ads. Why we're getting ads in Chinese is a mystery to me. Shouldn't stop people from clicking on the though. :wink:
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. No, not a game only thread...literally, a chat room. I'm wondering if there are any free services we could use. The old board allowed basically a rolling discussion flow without the entire thread and box thing going on here. There are other posts about this, just can't find any right now, sorry. I just think the old one was easier to read, with the tree system, for our large game night post-fests. I'm certainly not dumping the idea of a chat room on you RJ....I'm hoping everyone might read this and come up with something as a solution or other suggestions.

If I'm the only one that noticed the change made game nights tougher, you guys just tell me that and I'll suck it up.

As for the Google ads.....I clicked twice to try to figure out what the heck was going on, which frankly, is two more clicks than you would have gotten out of me otherwise. Keep the ????!!!goog?????? comin' I guess.