Kornheiser, Theismann, Tirico - MNF broadcasters

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Admin
Site Admin

Kornheiser, Theismann, Tirico - MNF broadcasters

Post by Admin »

Diddy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

No more johnny

Post by Diddy »

Praise the Lord there is no John "Do you mind if I eat a Turduckin whilst I do play by play?" Madden doing the games anymore. He is God awful. I think Tony Kornheiser (sp?) will be a much needed breath of fresh air. I enjoy him on PTI and think he'll fit nicely in the booth.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I disagree, this seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I like Mike Tirico as the play-by-play but Kornheiser and Theisman?? Oy vey...that seems like its going to be trouble.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: No more johnny

Post by Pitts »

Diddy wrote:I enjoy him on PTI and think he'll fit nicely in the booth.
Do you mean easier than the "larger" John Madden??? :D
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

blech

Post by relantel »

Kornheiser has been one of the local DC hosts on ESPNradio whining about the Officiating in the super bowl. He has been talking the last several days about not wanting the job, that he hasn't stayed up past halftime on a monday night game in years.

And Theismann (who started as Theeesmann before he was a senior in College) has been annoying on Sunday nights for 18 years...

I guess that makes Tirico the best of the lot. He was tolerable on the Orange Bowl game last month.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Madden is going to Sunday Night Football on NBC. You didn't expect to get rid of him so quickly, did you?

BOOM!
Diddy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Madden

Post by Diddy »

Madden seriously adds nothing to a broadcast. He simply rambles and circles random objects on the tele-strator. In one Steeler Monday Night game this year he literally circled the playclock and said "And this here is the playclock..." What a baffoon.

There is no way the ESPN crew can be any worse than any crew Madden was ever on. It is disappointing to hear that he will be on NBC though. NBC picking up everyone else's trash... First the NHL and now Madden. :o What else are they going to snag up?
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

I'll never forget him on Fox...the Game was Philly vs Denver, the score was 42-3 or something around there. He saw a guy eating a hamburger. So he started drawing the bun, burger, pickles, etc....at the end he goes, "Well, I am hungry for a hamburger."

I do believe if NBC picks up Al Michaels, that is a good move.