Clueless, Classless Steelers fans (Seattle columnist)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Clueless, Classless Steelers fans (Seattle columnist)

Post by Bowser »

"DETROIT -- Surrounded by thousands of peers, I tried to be a professional journalist, but it was impossible. I wanted the Seahawks to win and, more than that, I wanted them to silence the clueless, classless Steelers fans who booed several of the past Super Bowl MVPs when they were introduced before the game."

"After spending nearly a week here, I was sick of the Steelers -- Pittsburgh this, Pittsburgh that, enough, done, finito. That's why I thought the Seahawks would win by two touchdowns, because surely they were sick of it, too."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/moore/258359_moore06.html
by Jim Moore
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anyone know why Bradshaw wasn't there to walk out for the MVP's? Joe Montana was also noticeable absent.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

DelPen wrote:Anyone know why Bradshaw wasn't there to walk out for the MVP's? Joe Montana was also noticeable absent.
Montana and Bradshaw reportedly wanted more money to appear per http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... H3GD91.DTL .
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

I was wondering that myself. Arguably two of the best QBs to ever play the game were not there. Strange.
Peter

Post by Peter »

From the article:

"The former MVPs were guaranteed $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit. The NFL also provided each former Super Bowl MVP with two first-class airplane tickets, a hotel room, a Cadillac for the weekend, two tickets to the game, two tickets to the Friday night commissioner's party, two tickets to a Saturday night party and two tickets to a Sunday tailgate party. There also were opportunities for paid appearances arranged by the NFL. "

that's just classless to not show, especially when the league practically guarenteed expenses and paid 1K.

I would've appeared for $1 and a coach class plane ticket. Maybe they should've called me.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Peter wrote:I would've appeared for $1 and a coach class plane ticket. Maybe they should've called me.
Only difference between you and Terry Bradshaw/Joe Montana...oh nvm.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

I have only one comment for poor, poor Jim Moore... "Waaaaaaaaah!"

:P
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

The only time I heard a boo was the '95 winner from Dallas...a proper time to boo.

And, thanks for clearing up the Bradshaw dilemma. I was wondering why they skipped over '79 and '80.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I just read that article...I really didn't think it was that bad. Sehawks fans do have some things to complain about, but the Steelers won this game on a few very key big plays. Period.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

They boo-ed all the Cowboys, but it was quite a bit louder when Larry Brown was announced. Again, an entirely appropriate response that should be expected from a firercely partisan crowd.

Crikey, can anyone say "sore losers"? :roll:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Admin wrote:
DelPen wrote:Anyone know why Bradshaw wasn't there to walk out for the MVP's? Joe Montana was also noticeable absent.
Montana and Bradshaw reportedly wanted more money to appear per http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... H3GD91.DTL .
I heard on ESPN radio and FOX 970 that he spent the time with his family. Not that's it's any of my business, but I'm wondering what the reasoning behind it was.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11202110/
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by freq019 »

should someone tell the seahawks the most losing super bowl teams don't even make the playoffs the following year? If Alexander loses there is no chance they go back. Hell I'm wondering if we'll make the playoffs next year.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I heard boo birds for Larry Brown and tom Brady... clearly this guy has no idea of the playoff torment these guys caused us.