Random Penguins Fodder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Random Penguins Fodder

Post by Pruezy11881 »

FLPensFan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:03 am
DeHaven162 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:19 am
FLPensFan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:11 am
Pitts wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:54 am
Pruezy11881 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:33 am
Agree. It'll be interesting for sure. FLA has a little over 7 mil in space but Lundell needs a contract.
I read there are several teams reaching out to Tarasenko. I don't think the Pens have a chance. I haven't been a fan of his for the past several years, he's a shell if what he was in St. Louis. But, at this point, he's the best option available!
Tarasenko is a RW. So if by some chance he came here (there are better teams, but, he may be buddies with Malkin), I think lines would look something like this....

Bunting-Sid-Rust
Rakell-Malkin-Tarasenko
DOC-Hayes-Puustinen
Poulin/Lizotte-Eller-Acciari/Puljujarvi
Think it might be:

Rakell-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Tarasenko
DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier
Poulin/Lizotte-Eller-Acciari/Puljujarvi/Puustinen
I knew I was forgetting someone....Beauvillier. Your lineup would work too. The problem the Penguins are going to have now is, how to fit the 3Ps into the lineup. None of them are waiver exempt.
Poulin probably isn't going to be given much of a shot unless other moves are made. Best bet may be to trade him and not lose him for anything...your boy Pinto requested a trade. Get him and play him at 2C and move Geno to wing.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:25 am
Pitts wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:54 am
I read there are several teams reaching out to Tarasenko. I don't think the Pens have a chance. I haven't been a fan of his for the past several years, he's a shell if what he was in St. Louis. But, at this point, he's the best option available!
Tarasenko is a RW. So if by some chance he came here (there are better teams, but, he may be buddies with Malkin), I think lines would look something like this....

Bunting-Sid-Rust
Rakell-Malkin-Tarasenko
DOC-Hayes-Puustinen
Think it might be:

Rakell-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Tarasenko
DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier
I knew I was forgetting someone....Beauvillier. Your lineup would work too. The problem the Penguins are going to have now is, how to fit the 3Ps into the lineup. None of them are waiver exempt.
Poulin probably isn't going to be given much of a shot unless other moves are made. Best bet may be to trade him and not lose him for anything...your boy Pinto requested a trade. Get him and play him at 2C and move Geno to wing.
I've been saying for awhile that it almost seems better to trade Poulin, because I don't think he's going to get a fair shot here.

I'd love to have Pinto, but I don't see Dubas giving up the assets OTT would want for him...unless Pinto changes his name to Chychrun. :lol:
DeHaven162

Post by DeHaven162 »

FLPensFan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:32 am
Pruezy11881 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:25 am

Bunting-Sid-Rust
Rakell-Malkin-Tarasenko
DOC-Hayes-Puustinen
Think it might be:

Rakell-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Tarasenko
DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier
I've been saying for awhile that it almost seems better to trade Poulin, because I don't think he's going to get a fair shot here.

I'd love to have Pinto, but I don't see Dubas giving up the assets OTT would want for him...unless Pinto changes his name to Chychrun. :lol:
Agreed, there isn't much room for the P's. I do think Poulin could/should be traded at this point. Puustinen, I don't know if he's a long term solution. Love his enthusiasm, but when he's not shooting the puck, there's not much else he brings. As much as Beauvillier has struggled recently, he's still young and has some type of past as being difficult to play against. The one that probably worries the most is not a spot for Ponomarev. Not that I know anything about his game or readiness first hand, he certainly seems like the most NHL ready and cracked the Canes lineup early last year. I don't think he needs to be gifted a spot, but right now, there's not really even a chance.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Victor Olofsson to Vegas 1 year $1.05mill.

Vegas took a big hit yesterday losing both Stephenson and Marchessault. They need offense.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

Tarasenko played LW for Florida a lot in finals I think, so he could do it here as well.. The more guys we bring in,the less I have hope we will see Poulin , Ponomarev and Puljujarvi on opening night roster.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Pens4Life wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:30 pm Tarasenko played LW for Florida a lot in finals I think, so he could do it here as well.. The more guys we bring in,the less I have hope we will see Poulin , Ponomarev and Puljujarvi on opening night roster.
Florida juggled their lines a few times, but Tarasenko was most effective on his normal RW spot. Luostarinen was the LW, Lundell was C, Tarasenko was RW. They tried Tarasenko at LW when they first got him. Yes, he played there a bit, but, getting someone and then inserting them somewhere they almost never play is a waste. It's ok to try it, but, if it doesn't work out, don't throw the player under the bus and say he wasn't producing. Sullivan did that to Puljujarvi last year. JP has been a RW his entire career. He had goals in back to back games playing RW, move to LW, not as effective, scratched. :roll:

Put guys in the best position to succeed.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Brannstrom 1 year $900K to Colorado. Now that's a signing the Pens should have been all over. 1/3 of the price of Gryzeclk and much younger...oh well!
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

What does our lines look like with our current roster? Who is slated to play on Sid's wing? DOC?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

lemieuxReturns wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:57 pm What does our lines look like with our current roster? Who is slated to play on Sid's wing? DOC?
Right now if the season started today:

DOC-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Beauvillier-Hayes-Puustinen
Lizotte-Eller-Acciari

Pettersson-Karlsson
Graves-Letang
Grzelcyk-St. Ivany

I think it’s slightly better than the team that ended the season barring Graves returning to the lineup but I don’t think it moves the needle much. Still a bubble playoff team.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Don't know who this guy is reporting it. But Aho (no relation) is a solid 6-7 LD d man.
DeHaven162

Post by DeHaven162 »

Androckitis is like the Elliotte Friedman of the AHL, very repuatable.

Like the signing. Sneaky solid depth.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DeHaven162 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:30 pm Androckitis is like the Elliotte Friedman of the AHL, very repuatable.

He's on the Pens roster.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/roster
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

With Aho and Grzelcyk we really don’t need Graves. Really need to get out of the contract and at this point moving him for an equally bad contract for a forward who hasn’t worked out would be worth it to take a chance.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Dang, we got the wrong one! :lol:
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

Graves for Kane would be nice ...
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

pekkasteele wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:46 pm Graves for Kane would be nice ...
Or Laine :D
dark_forces
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dark_forces »

KG wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:31 pm
DeHaven162 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:30 pm Androckitis is like the Elliotte Friedman of the AHL, very repuatable.

He's on the Pens roster.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/roster
I like this signing. He's a good skating defenseman.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

DelPen wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:41 pm With Aho and Grzelcyk we really don’t need Graves. Really need to get out of the contract and at this point moving him for an equally bad contract for a forward who hasn’t worked out would be worth it to take a chance.
Cough, cough...the Ducks.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

DelPen wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:41 pm With Aho and Grzelcyk we really don’t need Graves. Really need to get out of the contract and at this point moving him for an equally bad contract for a forward who hasn’t worked out would be worth it to take a chance.
Absolutely this. Please.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Serious question:
If thte Penguins are obviously rebuilding, would it not make sense to keep players like Graves who either play poorly (allowing us to finish closer to the bottom for draft picks) or turns it around and allows us to trade him for a higher return? Why trade away a guy at his lowest?
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Crash66 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:00 pm
Absolutely this. Please.
Graves won't go anywhere until they get a chance to unload their new defenseman whisperer on him.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

lemieuxReturns wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:06 pm Serious question:
If thte Penguins are obviously rebuilding, would it not make sense to keep players like Graves who either play poorly (allowing us to finish closer to the bottom for draft picks) or turns it around and allows us to trade him for a higher return? Why trade away a guy at his lowest?
It *would* be worth keeping Graves in hopes of turning him around. If he has a decent season, he's perhaps worth a draft pick. Doesn't make sense to shed salary in his case, you're getting nothing in return or have to give up too much to unload.

If he craps the bed again and we tank, that gives us a better pick, but that shouldn't be a goal
Wyopen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wyopen »

I guess with all the defensemen signings, POJ is gone.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Radek Faksa traded to STL
Mathieu Joseph traded to STL
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »