Who Wins the Cup tonight?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Who wins Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight (and why)?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:28 pm

Edmonton Oilers
31%
Florida Panthers
69%

Total votes: 13

Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Who Wins the Cup tonight?

Post by Pens4Life »

Congrats to Panthers, I was rooting for them to win the cup,they deserved it! Happy for Maurice, Evan, Bob and some other guys..

McDavid winning the Conn Smyth is kinda odd, should've gone to Barkov or Bobrovsky.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pens4Life wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:05 am Congrats to Panthers, I was rooting for them to win the cup,they deserved it! Happy for Maurice, Evan, Bob and some other guys..

McDavid winning the Conn Smyth is kinda odd, should've gone to Barkov or Bobrovsky.
It’s a shame that Bob had that horrendous game 5 where he got pulled and wasn’t his absolute best in game 6 to make people think his outstanding play in the previous 3 rounds didn’t matter.

I look back at the previous rounds and after the Kings series this is crazy. Against Vancouver in 7 games McDavid had 2 games of 3+ points and 3 games of zero including game 7. Against Dallas in 6 games he had 1 3+ and 1 zero point games and against Florida in 7 games 2 3+ and 3 zero including game 7 again.

Yes, Bettman said it was for the entire playoffs when awarding the trophy, and right then you knew it wasn’t going to be a Panther. But McDavid was streaky for half the playoffs. I got some stupid replies on Twitter when I questioned Yohe after game 6 when asking if Florida can shut McDavid down for 2 straight games pointing out they had already accomplished that earlier this series. But people pointed to the back to back 4 point games like that matters.

Erod had a point per game average in the finals and was pointless less times than McDavid. He’s more worthy.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

I agree
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

It's very strange that the NHL forces the writers to vote for the Conn Smythe when there is 10 minutes left in the deciding game. I mean, thinks can change drastically.

Also McDavid got the first place vote 16 out of the 17 ballots cast.

Canadian media bias for sure.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Okposo, Robby Lu, OEL, and Maurice get their names on the cup. Good for them.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

If McDavid was the MVP his team would have won the cup. What’s next, everyone gets a participation award? NHL always does everything in their power to be 4th best sport. They work at their stupidity really well. Congratulations on not awarding a deserving Panther. Once again the NHL gets in its own way.