Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Post by DelPen »

No one ever mentions that linesmen might allow close plays they think are offside to continue because there is the ability to challenge. I’d rather not get premature whistles for plays onside if it means we get goals taken away that are technically offside because you can see it in a replay.

I don’t care if someone is 1 foot or 1 inch. Offside is offside.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

KG wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:51 pm This season is going to end so late that Florida might lose half their team to free agency before game 7.
:lol:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

“I don’t know how McDavid will be held in check for TWO straight games!”

It’s like the first 11 periods of this series have been memory holed.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

I feel like I'm watching the Red Sox-Yankees series in 2004 again. This is crazy. Such a complete 180 by Edmonton. I can't wait for Monday night. If Edmonton loses game seven this will be the fifth time a Canadian team has lost a same seven within the 31 year drought. If Florida blows a 3-0 lead and loses the Cup that will be the first time it's happened in 82 years.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

These two day breaks for travel seem to be because ESPN and maybe their Canadian counterparts are too cheap to get a chartered plane to go from Miami to Edmonton. Flying commercial between those two cities isn’t easy with at least one layover and some are very lengthy. The teams have their own jets. They can go anywhere they need to. I don’t remember travel between the Pens and Sharks being a problem and that had three time zones difference.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

DelPen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:33 pm These two day breaks for travel seem to be because ESPN and maybe their Canadian counterparts are too cheap to get a chartered plane to go from Miami to Edmonton. Flying commercial between those two cities isn’t easy with at least one layover and some are very lengthy. The teams have their own jets. They can go anywhere they need to. I don’t remember travel between the Pens and Sharks being a problem and that had three time zones difference.
17 Days to play the Stanley Cup Final.With the season ending on June 24th.

Would not surprise me if You are correct regarding the reasons for it taking this long.ESPN being involved with the coverage is a negative in many areas.

Best Sport.Worst League.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The disrespect during the anthems is disgusting. Even if you ignore that both teams have plenty of Canadians and Americans that doesn’t even matter. Be respectful.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Zalapski33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:47 pm
DelPen wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:33 pm These two day breaks for travel seem to be because ESPN and maybe their Canadian counterparts are too cheap to get a chartered plane to go from Miami to Edmonton. Flying commercial between those two cities isn’t easy with at least one layover and some are very lengthy. The teams have their own jets. They can go anywhere they need to. I don’t remember travel between the Pens and Sharks being a problem and that had three time zones difference.
17 Days to play the Stanley Cup Final.With the season ending on June 24th.

Would not surprise me if You are correct regarding the reasons for it taking this long.ESPN being involved with the coverage is a negative in many areas.

Best Sport.Worst League.
If what I see from Edmontons airport is accurate, there aren’t a lot of direct flights from Edmonton to the Northeast and Midatlantic. Atlanta looks like the closest to NYC, there’s Orlando but not Miami. So it’s Miami to Toronto for the Canadian crew and I guess either Atlanta or Minneapolis for the ESPN guys. Travel headache but they could combine to charter a direct flight?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Hadn’t Erod been cold the last three games? And Verhage hasn’t done anything in a long time too.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I don’t know how much money it would had taken to sell my tickets tonight if I were a Panthers fan but I would probably have a price.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:31 pm Hadn’t Erod been cold the last three games? And Verhage hasn’t done anything in a long time too.
They heard you and showed up in the 1st :D
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Not totally NHL but Hershey are AHL champs. Not sure if they are full of young prospects ready to come up to the Caps or have some vets who are only good in the AHL making that happen but that’s not good for the metro. Checkers won a year or so before the Canes got good.