Cricket World Cup

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Cricket World Cup

Post by BigMcK »

On directv 625, they are broadcasting ICC T20 2024 World Cup games. Still not sure the rules for scoring, wickets, innings, etc... but this has me watching the game every night.

Run for 50 feet, throw a curve ball into the dirt in front of some guy with a paddle, who then hits it backwards or into the field, two players run to the opposite end of the dirt, and the announcers call out, "Brilliant".

What is this game?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by Admin »

I watched most(?) of the episodes of a sports documentary called Cricket Fever: Mumbai Indians and I still didn't understand quite get the rules. :lol:
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Admin wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:58 pm I watched most(?) of the episodes of a sports documentary called Cricket Fever: Mumbai Indians and I still didn't understand quite get the rules. :lol:
I think I caught Cricket fever from the Indian restaurant we visit. The owner of the place tried to explain the rules, and it looks like an easy game to play, but I still don't understand the rules. Still going to watch as long as it's on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

US beat Pakistan?! Wow!
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Crickets in this thread.