Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Post by penny lane »

Blood clots very serious~ good luck to him. Pascal Dupuis and Vokoun- blood clots and force to retire.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

By sheer coincidence we’re visiting family in Vancouver today, and they end the first period by failing on a double minor PP, while giving up a shorthanded breakaway (no goal at least). Is a Pens fan just watching another team’s power play such a jinx?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Edmonton taking it to Van. Severely outshooting them. Edmonton looks like the far better team. Wonder if Van is feeling the nerves playing a game 7 at home.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Makes zero sense to me that Trouba is the captain over Kreider. Wonder who made that decision.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The contact that’s relevant is the Rag pushing the Panther into Igor.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

NHL still can’t get goaltender interference reviews right.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What an awful call. The FL player wouldn't have touched the goalie if he wasn't cross checked.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

thehockeyguru wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:26 pm What an awful call. The FL player wouldn't have touched the goalie if he wasn't cross checked.
Stupid of Lomberg to skate directly into the crease when the puck was nowhere near there though. I can see why they overturned it. Crease is the goalies domain.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:32 pm
thehockeyguru wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:26 pm What an awful call. The FL player wouldn't have touched the goalie if he wasn't cross checked.
Stupid of Lomberg to skate directly into the crease when the puck was nowhere near there though. I can see why they overturned it. Crease is the goalies domain.
He was there like an hour before the puck was shot and he didn’t have a chance to leave because he was cross checked into the goalie. Bad call.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

No surprise that another questionable call goes in the Rangers favor at MSG.As stated here that is simply not Goaltender Interference.

Florida had better be ready to not overreact to this and in the next game as unfair as it is.The NHL has their agenda in place with this series.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

ESPN is essentially a Rangers home broadcast. And has been since their inception.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

There’s some karma
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Good for Florida. By far the better team tonight. The Rangers don’t want to play this type of style.

Florida is going to be a tough out.

Hopefully Dubas tries to mimic Florida. I love the makeup of their team.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

DelPen wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:37 pm ESPN is essentially a Rangers home broadcast. And has been since their inception.
Dead On.Steve Levy is a hack,a guy who was On WFAN 660 AM in NY for years and stated that Mario Lemieux was the 5th best player in the NHL back in 1989 when he had 199 Points and didn't get the MVP.Messier is not even close to being objective at all in his "analysis"

At no point will their coverage hide the way they are Pro-Rangers.The Rags history here in NY isn't even in the same Galaxy historically as the Isles or even the Devils yet gets treated like they have been an iconic franchise.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Bob won that game he was lights out
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

KG wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:50 pm Good for Florida. By far the better team tonight. The Rangers don’t want to play this type of style.

Florida is going to be a tough out.

Hopefully Dubas tries to mimic Florida. I love the makeup of their team.
Good observations.Florida grinded the Rags into not being able to do a thing all night.As long as they don't resort to taking penalties to give the Rangers PP chances they should win this series. They put a ton of Pressure on the Rags Defense in their zone.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

I hope Florida or Edmonton wins the cup this year..

btw. Keefe new NJD coach is kinda surprising?! He suppose to be below average coach.. I saw much more criticism about him than prays..
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

NYR shut out at home in a conference game. Cool. Fingers crossed Bob has a few more great games.

I like the stars, have always enjoyed when the pens play them.

Tall forwards- who knew?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

For the life of me, I don’t get the Rempe stuff. Stupid media over blowing a big goon.

I don’t remember Steve McKenna getting all of this hoopla. And he was the Pens captain back in the day !
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

KG wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:43 pm For the life of me, I don’t get the Rempe stuff. Stupid media over blowing a big goon.

I don’t remember Steve McKenna getting all of this hoopla. And he was the Pens captain back in the day !
NY Media Hype which started with his antics at the Winter Classic and him taunting Matt Martin.They think this stiff is an effective NHL Player.

From the Franchise and Fan Base who treats a deflected goal by Stephane Matteau in the 1994 Playoffs like it was the greatest moment in NHL History.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Forsling was a +56 this season for Florida. It bad for a waiver pickup !
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Stupid Rangers
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Florida had a huge opportunity to put a stranglehold on that series.Tough Loss.They have been the better team by far in these 2 games.Hope they didn't open the door for the Rags now.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I don’t know what Trouba would have to do to get the Matt Cooke treatment. The NHL doesn’t care about protecting its stars from cheap shots and an elbow like that would be a career ended for whoever eats it if it fully connected. Even attempting that horse **** should be 40 games. There is zero reason to put your elbow out like that and move hit towards someone’s head. Maybe if he hits a ref with it? At least PK called the play out but he won’t be enough.

Hopefully the TNT crew give more critique since they aren’t Rangers fan boys like ESPN is.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:29 am I don’t know what Trouba would have to do to get the Matt Cooke treatment. The NHL doesn’t care about protecting its stars from cheap shots and an elbow like that would be a career ended for whoever eats it if it fully connected. Even attempting that horse **** should be 40 games. There is zero reason to put your elbow out like that and move hit towards someone’s head. Maybe if he hits a ref with it? At least PK called the play out but he won’t be enough.

Hopefully the TNT crew give more critique since they aren’t Rangers fan boys like ESPN is.
I saw on TSN that other Neanderthal Bieksa was defending the hit. Calling it a forearm, not an elbow and he used to hit with his forearm too.

Ok guy. Literally nobody agrees with that take. Good on Subban for calling Trouba out. It’s not a hockey play. Some players stick out their knee when they get beat, Trouba sticks out his elbows.