Random Penguins Fodder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Random Penguins Fodder

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:49 pm Again, I ask with all sincerity, WITH WHAT **** CAP SPACE IS ANYONE GETTING CALLED UP?

And what happens if Nieto ever wants to come off LTIR? It would almost have to be Puljujarvi that’s waived to clear that cap space.
Time for Carter to take one for the team and wrap it up on LTIR
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

Badger Bob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:16 am
KG wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:03 am DK now says 1st round pick be damned! He thinks the Pens should try to make the playoffs. I mean what has this team shown the last 2 seasons that would lead him to believe that they will go on some 14-5 run to end the season? C'mon DK.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2024 ... ars-nhl-dk
They aren't making the playoffs. Period. Not with this team.
DK has lost all perspective on this hockey team. Its time for him to take off his Crosby Fan Boy glasses and understand this team needs rebuilt from the ground up.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:50 pm
DelPen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:49 pm Again, I ask with all sincerity, WITH WHAT **** CAP SPACE IS ANYONE GETTING CALLED UP?

And what happens if Nieto ever wants to come off LTIR? It would almost have to be Puljujarvi that’s waived to clear that cap space.
Funny, because apparently Dubas just stated the Penguins could bring Carter back next season....
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by KBone »

FLPensFan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:05 pm

Funny, because apparently Dubas just stated the Penguins could bring Carter back next season....
Hahahahahaha.... April 1st is a few weeks away, right?
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by maopens »

Dubas hates me.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

maopens wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:08 pm

Dubas hates me.

As a player? Yikes. He can show the young guys how to amble about between the blue lines and watch the game from the best seat in the house.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Southern Fan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:14 pm
maopens wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:08 pm

Dubas hates me.

As a player? Yikes. He can show the young guys how to amble about between the blue lines and watch the game from the best seat in the house.
If they signed Carter to a league minimum deal, I wouldn't be opposed to it. OK, I take that back...I would, because Sullivan would give him a spot in the lineup every single game. He could score 5 own goal clappers and Sullivan would still give him a jersey the next game.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Gotta let Carter go. He can't take a roster spot away from a kid next season. Please.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

KD "if you don't have Sully then you're looking for Sully" "If you have him, you keep him"

Jeez.
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

KG wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm KD "if you don't have Sully then you're looking for Sully" "If you have him, you keep him"

Jeez.
Yep, that’s a GM who knows the owners love the coach and who he knows he’ll be working with for a long time. My favorite from the GM Show was when he absolved Sullivan of all blame for the team’s poor performances lately: “He’s too good of a coach to summarily put it all on when it doesn’t go perfectly— it’s on me, it’s on the players.” I have no idea what team he’s watching
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

No idea what all the fascination was / is with Whiz Kid. Guess I missed a parade, in June, through downtown Toronto in the recent past. Weren't the Leafs the poster children for underachievement during his reign?
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

If the GM wants to stand behind the coach and Carter, that's on him. To counter that, stop going to the game and generating gate revenue for his employer. I am sure they may have some questions as to his results.

He is starting to walk and quack like a 🦆, so maybe he is a 🦆.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Crash66 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:35 pm No idea what all the fascination was / is with Whiz Kid. Guess I missed a parade, in June, through downtown Toronto in the recent past. Weren't the Leafs the poster children for underachievement during his reign?
That seems a bit unfair, aren't they the poster children for underachievement at all times? ;-)

(I get what you're saying, just couldn't resist.)
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Happy birthday, Vasili Ponomaryov!
🎉 🎂🎉🎂
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I'll wait till the summer to get more upset at Dubas. I'm completely baffled by his not firing Sullivan yet, but his other moves have all mostly made sense, even if they didn't pan out as hoped.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

largegarlic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 pm I'll wait till the summer to get more upset at Dubas. I'm completely baffled by his not firing Sullivan yet, but his other moves have all mostly made sense, even if they didn't pan out as hoped.
The biggest thing I haven't liked from Dubas to date is doubling-down on aging players. Hextall tried that last year, and it failed miserably. Adding Acciari, Nieto, Eller, EK65 didn't help our cause, age wise.

My first big WTF will be Dubas wasn't just giving lip service about Carter, and actually re-signs the guy. He's not as bad as he was last year, but at this point, he's more of the problem than the solution. Great, he can PK and win faceoffs. But his effort is lacking quite often, he's continually gifted a sweater, and his automatic inclusion comes at the cost of other players.

I do have a strong feeling that we shouldn't get attached to all of the Guentzel prospects, because my gut and his words tell me he's going to make a swing this offseason for a younger RFA type forward, using some of those prospects.
BlackNGold4Life
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BlackNGold4Life »

Anyone know why Ty Smith shows up the game sheet for WBS tonight? Must be an error?
Pens Fans Sweden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pens Fans Sweden »

Canes do not have an AHL team so I read Smith will remain in WBS.
BlackNGold4Life
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BlackNGold4Life »

@PensFanSweeden - got it. Thanks. - all those great prospects and no farm team. Shame
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Does San Jose want a pick from 12-15 this year or possibly a top 5 pick next year? Could influence how they come out and play. They should go for a win to tempt Dubas to keep the 24 pick and when we make zero coaching changes and resign Carter we will end up bottom 5 in the league in 25.

Play the long game Sharks.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Because the fans weren’t getting screwed over enough this year
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

They better be on the lookout for an eBay account selling thousands of bobbleheads.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pens Inside Scoop

@PensInsideScoop
Rakell and Smith have switched lines. #LetsGoPens lines and D-pairs:

Bunting-Crosby-Rust
O’Connor-Malkin-Rakell
Smith-Eller-Puustinen
Bemstrom-Acciari-Carter

Pettersson-Letang
Graves-Karlsson
Ludvig-Joseph
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Jagr probably did it to pizz off the fans again. LOL
Toke
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Toke »

Does Carter really have to be in the lineup every game?! Wouldn't it be a good idea to give Pool Party a decent look going forward?