Random Penguins Fodder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Random Penguins Fodder

Post by DelPen »

So Phillips gone, thank God, and then Acciari and possibly Harkins out. Will Puljujarvi get back in the lineup? Is Vinnie still with the team? Will Dubas call someone else up so neither of them play?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pens recalled Koppanen....Maybe we are trying to tank lol. Poulin deserves a recall.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm Pens recalled Koppanen....Maybe we are trying to tank lol. Poulin deserves a recall.
Hope so. Because it's kind of time to give Poulin a shot, but whatever.
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

KG wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm Pens recalled Koppanen....Maybe we are trying to tank lol. Poulin deserves a recall.
Did Poulin spit on Sully's shoes? Seems like everyone on WBS will be called up before him.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

pens_CT wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:16 pm
Did Poulin spit on Sully's shoes? Seems like everyone on WBS will be called up before him.
Taylor Haase said...maybe it's because he just came back from injury a few games ago. He's played 2 games since coming back, and has 5 assists in those 2 games. Clearly he needs time to get his feet going and back into game shape. :roll:
sergei
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by sergei »

Pitts wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:19 pm
yinzer69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm If we are going to try to make the playoffs next year, you gotta keep someone for the top 6. Beside Jake, Rust if their most consistent top 6 guy, good PKer, lots of speed and energy. While you might be get a decent haul for Rust, you need someone to play with Sid who can produce and is proven. Rust's cap hit isn't that bad, I think he is worth keeping.
I'm in this boat as well. If there is one winger you want to keep off this current roster, it's Rust. The guy just works and is the definition of consistency
I am afraid we won’t be in the playoffs either way. Will be happy to be proved wrong. But I am expecting a return to a prolonged Dick Tarnstrom era...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

sergei wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:47 pm
yinzer69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm If we are going to try to make the playoffs next year, you gotta keep someone for the top 6. Beside Jake, Rust if their most consistent top 6 guy, good PKer, lots of speed and energy. While you might be get a decent haul for Rust, you need someone to play with Sid who can produce and is proven. Rust's cap hit isn't that bad, I think he is worth keeping.
I'm in this boat as well. If there is one winger you want to keep off this current roster, it's Rust. The guy just works and is the definition of consistency
I am afraid we won’t be in the playoffs either way. Will be happy to be proved wrong. But I am expecting a return to a prolonged Dick Tarnstrom era...
Not the point. Going into next year, if you want one vet around, it’s Rust. He seems like a good player to have the young ones look up to.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

Pitts wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:50 pm
sergei wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:47 pm
Not the point. Going into next year, if you want one vet around, it’s Rust. He seems like a good player to have the young ones look up to.
Sid?
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

I think we should keep our legit first line intact -- Jake re-signed 5YRS/8.5M per with Sid and Rusty, keep younger guys like DOC, Poulin, others should be available even Letang and Malkin, but management wouldnt allow them to be traded.. NEW COACH, NEW COACH, NEW COACH IS A MUST!
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

Pens4Life wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:02 am I think we should keep our legit first line intact -- Jake re-signed 5YRS/8.5M per with Sid and Rusty, keep younger guys like DOC, Poulin, others should be available even Letang and Malkin, but management wouldnt allow them to be traded.. NEW COACH, NEW COACH, NEW COACH IS A MUST!
Another season with a 1 line team is definitely the answer.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Cow_Master66 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:53 am
Pens4Life wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:02 am I think we should keep our legit first line intact -- Jake re-signed 5YRS/8.5M per with Sid and Rusty, keep younger guys like DOC, Poulin, others should be available even Letang and Malkin, but management wouldnt allow them to be traded.. NEW COACH, NEW COACH, NEW COACH IS A MUST!
It is if you are trying to rebuild yet still concerned with allowing Sid and Co to get their points and add to their legacy.

Edit: I still think they should trade Jake and promote Geno to Sid's wing.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

Better than possible NO line next year :lol: jokes aside,at least you have something still here.. if Dubas is successfull with retool of team and gets new coaching staff in offseason,everything is possible..
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

lemieuxReturns wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:12 am
It is if you are trying to rebuild yet still concerned with allowing Sid and Co to get their points and add to their legacy.

I hope "allowing Sid and Co to get their points" is bullet #150 on their priority list.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Cow_Master66 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:16 pm
lemieuxReturns wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:12 am

I hope "allowing Sid and Co to get their points" is bullet #150 on their priority list.
It shouldn't be a thing at all. If it happens, cool, if not, fine. Did gets enough PP time to score more points. Our PP being atrocious isn't on him, but it is partly on him. He wants points, he needs PP1 to convert, that simple
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

What time are the lineup cards usually published? Just curious which players will be on the ice tonight.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

BigMcK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:41 pm What time are the lineup cards usually published? Just curious which players will be on the ice tonight.
10-20 minutes before faceoff. Harkins I heard was out, Acciari back in, DOC still out. So, I don't think we even have enough players here to hold out Smith and Eller if we wanted to.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

FLPensFan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:42 pm
BigMcK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:41 pm What time are the lineup cards usually published? Just curious which players will be on the ice tonight.
10-20 minutes before faceoff. Harkins I heard was out, Acciari back in, DOC still out. So, I don't think we even have enough players here to hold out Smith and Eller if we wanted to.
We have at least recalled Koppanen I think.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Bunting at practice, wearing #8
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Dave Molinari
@MolinariPGH
Mike Sullivan said Jansen Harkins had hand surgery and will be out long-term.
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

Harkins gets to keep getting his NHL paycheck and he's no longer available for Sully. Everybody wins!
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

The only guy who doesn't get hurt in a fight is Pettersson.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

ahawk9 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:33 pm Harkins gets to keep getting his NHL paycheck and he's no longer available for Sully. Everybody wins!
He was getting his NHL paycheck anyways. He couldn’t have been on a two-way deal.

At least this means the cap space is open for Pusstinen to be called back up on tomorrow because he will be sent down for the AHL playoff rosters along with Gruden and Koppanen.

Expect Puustinen and a defenseman to get a recall and that’s it unless Carter or Smith are traded with little if any retained to open up some more cap space for a 13th forward.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

So tomorrow's lineup?

Rakell Crosby Smith
Bunting Malkin Puustinen
DOC Eller. Bemstrom
Puljujarvi Acciari Carter

PO. Letang
Pettersson Karlsson
Graves. Ludvig

Jarry
Ned
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

thehockeyguru wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:47 pm So tomorrow's lineup?

Rakell Crosby Smith
Bunting Malkin Puustinen
DOC Eller. Bemstrom
Puljujarvi Acciari Carter

PO. Letang
Pettersson Karlsson
Graves. Ludvig

Jarry
Ned
I would bet that Bunting goes with Sid. They have already given up on the second line. They want Sid to know that Bunting was part of the trade to help replace Jake.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Looks like Puustinen was NOT sent to WBS just to be called back up tomorrow burning one of the call ups. Makes sense but still surprised. So his season is done when our is even if WBS makes the playoffs.