Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Grunthy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:42 pm Hand hit first it looks like
And if it’s at the same time it’s still out. Didn’t know that part.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Porter with another holding that’s not holding in college.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:44 pm Porter with another holding that’s not holding in college.
A lot of those penalties are because he's a rookie and also because he doesn't know how to hide it yet.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:49 pm
DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:44 pm Porter with another holding that’s not holding in college.
A lot of those penalties are because he's a rookie and also because he doesn't know how to hide it yet.
Absolutely. He’ll learn if any of these coaches actually try to fix it.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Why would Tomlin challenge that?
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

How stupid is he?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Grunthy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:50 pm Why would Tomlin challenge that?
Because during the stoppage between quarters it was so obvious that it wasn’t a catch and there was zero risk. They had a few minutes to look at it. it’s not like they rushed to challenge.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:24 pm This defense having two INT’s considering who is out is more improbable than Rudolph’s performance today so far.
Tomlin 2/2 on challenges takes the lead.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:51 pm
Grunthy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:50 pm Why would Tomlin challenge that?
Because during the stoppage between quarters it was so obvious that it wasn’t a catch and there was zero risk. They had a few minutes to look at it. it’s not like they rushed to challenge.
It doesn’t change anything. It moves it back like 2 yards.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Harvin’s punts after that first one have been garbage.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Even if Pickett was 110% next week you can’t bench Rudolph after this performance.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:05 pm Even if Pickett was 110% next week you can’t bench Rudolph after this performance.
Which means the Steelers will start Pickett.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Do they walk out of the end zone if they don't get a yard here?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Not playing Rudolph for at least the previous 3 games might cost us a playoff spot and maybe even Tomlin’s no losing season streak. Trubisky was garbage last year and even worse this year, he never should had been an option. Rudolph was assaulted by a giant ******* who then accused him of being a racist to try to justify beating someone with their own helmet and it derailed his career. Glad to see him step up and play how he can. Even if he’s not on this team next year I hope someone picks him up because he’s a good player. He deserves better.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:32 pm Not playing Rudolph for at least the previous 3 games might cost us a playoff spot and maybe even Tomlin’s no losing season streak. Trubisky was garbage last year and even worse this year, he never should had been an option. Rudolph was assaulted by a giant ******* who then accused him of being a racist to try to justify beating someone with their own helmet and it derailed his career. Glad to see him step up and play how he can. Even if he’s not on this team next year I hope someone picks him up because he’s a good player. He deserves better.
I think he should be the Steelers starter over even drafting Pickett, but it is what it is. New Orleans seems to have regret over Carr and perhaps a team like Minnesota or even Atlanta, but either way Rudolph should get an opportunity somewhere.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Just temper all your wonderful feelings about Rudolph with the understanding that he did well against Cincy's porous pass defense. They are 31st in the league in passing yards allowed. That being said, he looked pretty decent for a guy that has been 3rd string for the last 2 years.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:41 pm Just temper all your wonderful feelings about Rudolph with the understanding that he did well against Cincy's porous pass defense. They are 31st in the league in passing yards allowed. That being said, he looked pretty decent for a guy that has been 3rd string for the last 2 years.
I think if the Steelers allowed him to grow he’d be a good QB by now, better than Pickett. He throws a good deep ball and usually leads receivers across the middle.

That was my view 4 years ago and if he didn’t get hurt I think he’d have replaced Ben. He started off like most QBs start out and wasn’t helped by the stripped down version of the playbook. It also didn’t help that the offense was geared to Ben but never adapted to Mason’s strengths. He doesn’t have the strongest arm, but he’s a good timing passer. The 1st pass to Pickens is his strength. He’s not perfect but he’s better than Pickett and if their was an honest competition wins the starting job.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

LOL:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stee ... er-report/

The Standard is the Standard, amirite? And the standard is mediocre now.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:35 am LOL:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/stee ... er-report/

The Standard is the Standard, amirite? And the standard is mediocre now.
They make a big deal out of the never a losing season thing. While it's impressive, winning playoff games is the real barometer for the Steelers. This isn't the Browns or the Jets. If they want the standard to be .500 and the 20th slot in the draft on a yearly basis, well they're successful.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

The Rooney's middle name is "Mediocre", obviously.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I completely agree that if Pickett is your guy and he’s healthy he starts.

I also think that Rudolph should start because Pickett is not my guy. I’m not sure where Tomlin falls. This isn’t the NHL where you have 82 games to ride a hot hand between your goalies and your #1 doesn’t start every game anyways. For him to start the 3rd string QB can’t sit well with Kenny.

But Rudolph gives you the best chance to win based on everything I have ever seen between him and Pickett. And for Tomlin it would be much easier to put Pickett in to try to save a game than pulling him out.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:10 pm I completely agree that if Pickett is your guy and he’s healthy he starts.

I also think that Rudolph should start because Pickett is not my guy. I’m not sure where Tomlin falls. This isn’t the NHL where you have 82 games to ride a hot hand between your goalies and your #1 doesn’t start every game anyways. For him to start the 3rd string QB can’t sit well with Kenny.

But Rudolph gives you the best chance to win based on everything I have ever seen between him and Pickett. And for Tomlin it would be much easier to put Pickett in to try to save a game than pulling him out.
I think at this point it’s unknown who next years QB is so they might as well go with who is hot. The best thing is to get a new OC (I think we can agree Teflon Mike isn’t going anywhere) and let that OC determine the next QB.

I still think Kenny can be a quality QB, but still don’t think he’s a Super Bowl caliber QB. Scouting report on him was Andy Dalton and that’s exactly who he is. Will be a good QB but not a top tier one.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

This will be the first time in 34 years that the Browns will finish ahead of the Steelers. If I knew nothing else about this team that alone should get the head coach fired.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:43 pm This will be the first time in 34 years that the Browns will finish ahead of the Steelers. If I knew nothing else about this team that alone should get the head coach fired.
Could not be better stated.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It was obvious at the time that Johnson was out of bounds when he touched the ball