Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by Admin »

Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

LOL...appeal.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Admin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:17 pm
This is why the NFL is mediocre.

While I didn't see the replays and close ups of the hit, it looked like Pittman dove and both seemed to be going for the ball. It looks like shoulder pad to head because Pittman dove towards the ball. I can maybe see a penalty (barely though), but this seems more like punishment based on injury than intent.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kezee couldn’t do anything to avoid a player diving head first into him. That’s on the QB to not try to murder his WR. That wasn’t even a penalty.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 pm Kezee couldn’t do anything to avoid a player diving head first into him. That’s on the QB to not try to murder his WR. That wasn’t even a penalty.
As soon as they stop blaming the defense for all these types of plays, the QB will be forced to adjust. Right now we see QBs throwing to get a penalty without regard for the injury risk to the player. Might as well throw a WR until a bad hit knowing it'll be a 15 yard or pass interference penalty.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Part of me isn’t all that mad since losing Kezee makes the chances of losing better to get real change maybe and at least a better draft position.

It’s interesting wording though on saying he’s disregarding the safety of other players and could put the NFLPA into a tough situation to appeal. And if suspension pay and fines go to the retired players for health services it’s even worse optics.

But this is way too harsh. The ejection should had been enough along with a fine since that’s the norm now. Suspending him is absurd and will become the new normal of the NFLPA doesn’t stand up for their own.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:10 am Part of me isn’t all that mad since losing Kezee makes the chances of losing better to get real change maybe and at least a better draft position.

It’s interesting wording though on saying he’s disregarding the safety of other players and could put the NFLPA into a tough situation to appeal. And if suspension pay and fines go to the retired players for health services it’s even worse optics.

But this is way too harsh. The ejection should had been enough along with a fine since that’s the norm now. Suspending him is absurd and will become the new normal of the NFLPA doesn’t stand up for their own.
I'm not mad about losing him at all. I think he should be replaced and I think the Steelers need a strong safety with speed with Trenton Thompson as the backup/3rd safety.

I think the NFL needs to get a handle on this and recognize the offenses actions as part of it. Honestly Pittman is just as responsible for diving towards Kazee. If the NFL doesn't even penalize this, then QBs adjust and that makes it safer. Fining/suspending Kazee just means the next time a DB backs off and the offense does what they want. Sure the NFL wants more scoring, but I think fans are bored with the AHL/no defense/last team with the ball wins games. No defense gets boring after awhile.

Watching ESPN and remembering why I don't......Kazee dove for the head of Pittman. Really? So he thought Pittman was 1.5 foot tall? They were both diving towards the ball, Kazee to knock it away, Pittman to catch it.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

3 1/2 game suspension for going for a pass. Using this as its platform for “we are a kinder gentler league”. Pathetic. Absolutely predictable though - makes it even more pathetic.

I watched the game. I counted at least 3 other situations where Minshew threw guys into a place where guys like Ronnie Lott or Donnie Shell would light you up and you can see the Steelers DB holding back.

Mindhew and qbs that make those throws create the problem.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

pronovost19 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:00 am 3 1/2 game suspension for going for a pass. Using this as its platform for “we are a kinder gentler league”. Pathetic. Absolutely predictable though - makes it even more pathetic.

I watched the game. I counted at least 3 other situations where Minshew threw guys into a place where guys like Ronnie Lott or Donnie Shell would light you up and you can see the Steelers DB holding back.

Mindhew and qbs that make those throws create the problem.
The problem is the NFL enables that so the QBs don’t have to get better. Indianapolis sees this and know it’s a bad throw but the end result is a15 yard penalty and the throw was by the backup QB. No 15 yard penalty and they see the bad throw and a WR getting hammered into next week and might consider coaching him up or finding a replacement.

How often do you see a QB throw the ball to get a penalty? I honestly think that’s coached, see a DB doing this, throw the ball here and get a penalty.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If we aren’t going to change coaches and get an entire new culture in then Pickens needs to be traded as soon as we can to get the best return because that garbage with him not wanting to block because he might get a boo boo has no place on the Steelers. Tomlin won’t fix the problem so it will only get worse and it will build even more resentment within the players.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:50 pm If we aren’t going to change coaches and get an entire new culture in then Pickens needs to be traded as soon as we can to get the best return because that garbage with him not wanting to block because he might get a boo boo has no place on the Steelers. Tomlin won’t fix the problem so it will only get worse and it will build even more resentment within the players.
I think Pickens needs to shadow Hines Ward this entire offseason. I also think someone from the offense needs to emerge as a legit leader. It’d be nice if it was Johnson, but I think he’s pretty soft. Broderick Jones got involved enough to remove Johnson from a situation a few weeks ago, that’s leadership and might be something he can build on. Be a leader like Faneca and Pouncey were.

Yes, Pickens has a maturity problem, but without player leadership there is only so much Tomlin can do about him.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Pickens is shaping up tp be the next Antonio Brown, with a heck of a lot less accomplished on the field to go with the problems. Multi-million dollar talent along with a ten cent head usually doesn't go well for the team paying the salary.

But don't worry, Tomlin has a good history of pulling these immature players back in line with reality... or maybe not.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Sigwolf wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:08 pm Pickens is shaping up tp be the next Antonio Brown, with a heck of a lot less accomplished on the field to go with the problems. Multi-million dollar talent along with a ten cent head usually doesn't go well for the team paying the salary.

But don't worry, Tomlin has a good history of pulling these immature players back in line with reality... or maybe not.
I think Pickens is a product of poor leadership. Hell look at Watt’s quote about how soft the next generation is and how they can’t handle criticism. Pickens isn’t crazy like Brown, he’s just immature. He was immature coming out of college and hasn’t had the leadership to grow up. Serious question, who’s the leader on offense? It sure the heck isn’t Pickett or Harris.

Not to take blame about from Pickens, but I think he’s a child who needs guidance and isn’t getting any on this team. It’s easy to say he should grow up, but who is his role model as a professional? Hopefully Jones and Washington can use the Georgia thing to knock sense into him, but I’d still love to see Hines Ward in some capacity for this franchise. I think he’d help Pickens a lot.

Either way, this offense lacks any kind of leadership.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

When Rudolph is your longest tenured player on the offense followed just by Johnson, even though Johnson has played a lot more, and the rest of the offense are also relatively younger players there’s going to be a huge vacuum of leadership. Which was yet another reason to have never promoted Canada to being with or make a change immediately after Ben retired.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I would take Polomalu right now, today, over Peterson at S.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hallelujah, they deferred the KO.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:32 pm I would take Polomalu right now, today, over Peterson at S.
He works out where my brother-in-law goes.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I love being right
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Christmas miracle!!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Admin wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:42 pm Christmas miracle!!
That I’m right?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:32 pm I would take Polomalu right now, today, over Peterson at S.
Well this aged like milk :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Pittsburgh has a beautiful coastline. 😂
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Thats DPI, horrible miss by the officials.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:16 pm Thats DPI, horrible miss by the officials.
Yeah. Refs have just been awful this year across the board.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:16 pm Thats DPI, horrible miss by the officials.
Ref by the score. If the Steelers do it it's a penalty.