Clickbait? "Insider Confirms Crosby's Future Isn't in Pittsburgh"

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Clickbait? "Insider Confirms Crosby's Future Isn't in Pittsburgh"

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Someone named James Connelly published a story on December 10 claiming that an "insider confirms Sidney Crosby's future likely isn't in Pittsburgh". Anybody know who this guy is? Teams mentioned are Montreal and Colorado. :shock:

Smells like BS and / or clickbait to me. :roll:

Anybody got any info on this fairy tale?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clickbait? "Insider Confirms Crosby's Future Isn't in Pittsburgh"

Post by Admin »

Vensel: You mentioned Sidney Crosby. He will be a free agent in 2025. The team can offer him a contract extension this summer. It goes without saying the Penguins want him to retire in black and gold. Are you confident it will happen?

Werner: We have an enormous respect for Sid. And I have a very close, personal relationship with Pat. I probably speak to him at least once a week. I don’t want to say too much about the future. But it would be our fervent desire to have Sid retire as a Penguin.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pen ... 2312090010
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

If Sid does decide he wants to move on (and I wouldn't blame him if he does), I would hope he wouldn't leave via free agency so the team gets zero assets for him. If he wants to go to say Colorado, you can make an off-season trade work with retention, salary back, and get picks and prospects.

Same can be said for Geno and Letang. You leave it up to them if they want to move on.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

IntangibleBeer wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:16 pm Someone named James Connelly published a story on December 10 claiming that an "insider confirms Sidney Crosby's future likely isn't in Pittsburgh". Anybody know who this guy is? Teams mentioned are Montreal and Colorado. :shock:

Smells like BS and / or clickbait to me. :roll:

Anybody got any info on this fairy tale?
I remember a time when Jagr was the only player winning Hart trophies and for 2 seasons, he was being traded to The Rangers just because ... Larry Brooks. :)

Or was it Bruce Garrioch and Ottawa. I think that was it. Anyway, team shills will always be shills for their team.
E-Ramone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by E-Ramone »

KG wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:31 pm If Sid does decide he wants to move on (and I wouldn't blame him if he does), I would hope he wouldn't leave via free agency so the team gets zero assets for him. If he wants to go to say Colorado, you can make an off-season trade work with retention, salary back, and get picks and prospects.

Same can be said for Geno and Letang. You leave it up to them if they want to move on.
Yeah, I agree with this. If any of "The Core" want outta Pittsburgh, I'd like to think a deal could be made to ship them out to a contender for assets to help with a rebuild with the intention of having the player ultimately retire as a Penguin. I mean, it seems to actually be happening with Jagr after how many decades??? (Let's just agree to ingnore those "assets" sent to Pittsburgh for Jagr...) :fist:
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

E-Ramone wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:56 pm
KG wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:31 pm If Sid does decide he wants to move on (and I wouldn't blame him if he does), I would hope he wouldn't leave via free agency so the team gets zero assets for him. If he wants to go to say Colorado, you can make an off-season trade work with retention, salary back, and get picks and prospects.

Yeah, I agree with this. If any of "The Core" want outta Pittsburgh, I'd like to think a deal could be made to ship them out to a contender for assets to help with a rebuild with the intention of having the player ultimately retire as a Penguin. I mean, it seems to actually be happening with Jagr after how many decades??? (Let's just agree to ingnore those "assets" sent to Pittsburgh for Jagr...) :fist:

You didn’t like the next Ron Francis, Kris Beach? Or Sivik? Or Lupaschuk?